Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfires, Crossfires, everwhere

Old 01-11-2006 | 05:29 PM
Default Crossfires, Crossfires, everwhere

I live and work in the North Texas area. (Mckinney). During this past week I have seen five crossfires. Each was a different color and style so I know they weren't the same car. Seem to be selling well around here. But the dealer here in Mckinney still only has one 2005 left.

Old 01-11-2006 | 09:37 PM
Default Re: Crossfires, Crossfires, everwhere

I never see them.

Old 01-11-2006 | 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by cfire
I live and work in the North Texas area. (Mckinney). During this past week I have seen five crossfires. Each was a different color and style so I know they weren't the same car. Seem to be selling well around here. But the dealer here in Mckinney still only has one 2005 left.
Must be the long straights there, I hallucinated before from staring at the same things while driving thru north Texas.

Old 01-11-2006 | 10:20 PM

saw a brand new srt6 convertible today in san dimas...somewhere was smart and waited.

Old 01-12-2006 | 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by cfire
I saw a Crossfire on I-45 the last two days I drove the highway. A silver coupe and a black roadster. My wife told me that she saw a Crossfire behind her at a stop light on the way to work today and thought it was me. Same color (red), but it wasn't me. There are a fair number of XFires in the SE Texas area.

Old 01-12-2006 | 10:20 PM
Forum Regular

I have seen a profusion of sports cars on the road today, no doubt due to the unusually warm weather we've been having. It was nearly 50 degrees here in the Detroit area today, which is about 35-40 degrees or so higher than the usual temperature this time of year. Driving down Woodward, I saw a BMW Z4 Roadster, an Audi TT with the personalized plate "BESTOY", a 2006 Corvette parked outside a restaurant in Birmingham, and a couple of Crossfires. (Seeing Crossfires is not all that unusual here in Oakland County, home of DaimlerChrysler's US headquarters and therefore home to a lot of executive leases that get driven in any kind of weather).

Meanwhile, my pride and joy is still tucked away under a car cover, in the protection of a garage. Still too much salt lingering on the roads, and besides, there is no shortage of gravel and pot holes (which won't be cleaned up until the spring).

Old 01-13-2006 | 08:13 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Still very few around my area. Maybe they will come out in the spring? From the time I picked mine up, July 15th, 05 through summer's end I only saw about half a dozen. I know there's another one in my neighborhood but its not well kept. Last time I saw it, it had a damaged drivers side front fender and it was a mess.

Pat

Old 01-24-2006 | 11:57 AM
kusheen

Originally Posted by patpur
Still very few around my area. Maybe they will come out in the spring? From the time I picked mine up, July 15th, 05 through summer's end I only saw about half a dozen. I know there's another one in my neighborhood but its not well kept. Last time I saw it, it had a damaged drivers side front fender and it was a mess.

Pat
Don't know where Brookeville is.

In the Crownsville (Annapolis) / Rockville / Baltimore triangle I move around in, I see several different ones each day.

Starting to see them on a few used car lots, as well.

Old 01-24-2006 | 06:44 PM

Actually there is a sh*t load of them here in Dalton, GA. I think most of the Hillbillies here use them to run moonshine through the Appalachians. Ha, no kidding I’ve seen two or three here in this small town not counting my own. All of them are roadsters but mine.

Old 01-24-2006 | 06:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wayne1992
Actually there is a sh*t load of them here in Dalton, GA. I think most of the Hillbillies here use them to run moonshine through the Appalachians. Ha, no kidding I’ve seen two or three here in this small town not counting my own. All of them are roadsters but mine.
LOL! Any chance of you painting yours orange and putting a dixie flag on the roof ?!?

Old 01-25-2006 | 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by juddz
LOL! Any chance of you painting yours orange and putting a dixie flag on the roof ?!?
Sounds like some "Mini's" I have seen.

Old 01-25-2006 | 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by juddz
NO! I'm a transplanted Yankee. I'm still partial to the good old stars and stripes...But I might run a couple of loads of moon!