Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Replace Chrysler emblem front and back

Old 05-16-2022 | 01:56 PM
Default Replace Chrysler emblem front and back

Hello forum!
My emblems in the front and the back are a little faded. I see they can be purchased on Ebay. How difficult is it to replace them? I don't want to replace the whole Chrysler Wing, really just the oval looking hood/trunk ornament. It seems like it's probably glued in, maybe with 3M double sided tape or some kind of a
silicone glue. How would I best go about replacing the old emblems without damaging the Chrysler wing or the vehicle body?
I know there are customized stickers that can be placed on top of the original emblem but I prefer to keep my car stock so replacing them with original seems to be my way to go.

Old 05-16-2022 | 03:09 PM
Default Re: Replace Chrysler emblem front and back

Originally Posted by TNT
Hello forum!
My emblems in the front and the back are a little faded. I see they can be purchased on Ebay. How difficult is it to replace them? I don't want to replace the whole Chrysler Wing, really just the oval looking hood/trunk ornament. It seems like it's probably glued in, maybe with 3M double sided tape or some kind of a
silicone glue. How would I best go about replacing the old emblems without damaging the Chrysler wing or the vehicle body?
I know there are customized stickers that can be placed on top of the original emblem but I prefer to keep my car stock so replacing them with original seems to be my way to go.
TNT
Click on the attached link, looks like what you are looking for at this time....
Dennis
DTMenace

CROSSFIRE OVAL EMBLEM BADGE LOGO WING FRONT GRILLE 2004 - 2008 MOPAR OEM NEW | eBay

Old 05-16-2022 | 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DTMenace
TNT
Click on the attached link, looks like what you are looking for at this time....
Dennis
DTMenace

CROSSFIRE OVAL EMBLEM BADGE LOGO WING FRONT GRILLE 2004 - 2008 MOPAR OEM NEW | eBay
Exactly what I'm looking for and had already seen them on eBay a while back but now it seems to be out of stock. If I can get a hold of them, I just don't know what the best way is to remove the old ones without damaging the wing it is attached to or the paint on the car.

Also, does this one fit the trunk emblem as well?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Last edited by nickwe21.; 05-16-2022 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2022 | 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TNT
Exactly what I'm looking for and had already seen them on eBay a while back but now it seems to be out of stock. If I can get a hold of them, I just don't know what the best way is to remove the old ones without damaging the wing it is attached to or the paint on the car.

Also, does this one fit the trunk emblem as well?

Any tips would be appreciated!
TNT
Removing the "old emblem" can be done by using the following steps:
  1. The emblems are glued to the chrome wings, front and rear
  2. Using a hair dryer on the "hot" setting, aim it on the old emblem, loosening the glue
  3. Using a piece of fishing line, work it under the emblem and use a back and forth motion to remove the emblem
  4. remove the remaining glue with Goo Gone or a like solvent
  5. Use JB Weld to attach the new emblem
​​​​​​​The emblems are different sizes, the FRONT is approximately 2.75 inches at the widest horizontal point, while the REAR emblem is approximately 2.50 inches at the widest horizontal point. You must call/email the vendor concerning the product they're selling.

Time to go to work on this issue....
Dennis
​​​​​​​DTMenace

Old 05-18-2022 | 01:58 PM

Awesome info! I'm going to just send them an email to see if they have it in stock. Removing it with the blow drier and fishing line makes sense! I'm going to give this a shot! Hope it comes out nicely.
​​​​​​The faded ornaments have always bothered me but with new ones my car will almost look brand new. I appreciate all the help!

Should the seller not have any more emblems is there another source? Are there any other vehicles (PT Cruiser, Pacifica, 300 etc) from that generation that used the same emblems?

Last edited by nickwe21.; 05-18-2022 at 02:02 PM.