Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Panic Button Keyless Door Lock

Old 11-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panic Button Keyless Door Lock

I bought a 2005 Limited Coupe. It's a nice car, but I have found a couple of items that don't work properly with the keyless remote. When I press the lock button the doors lock and the driver's side front and back turn signals flash three time. The passenger side front and back turn signals do not flash and the horn does not beep. In addition when I press the panic button the front and back driver and passenger turn signals flash for three minutes, but the horn does not sound. The horn does work when I press it and all of the turn signals work fine when I put the turn signal on. I have checked a number of fuses that have something to do with the horn or turn signals. I do not know if the two issues are related and am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or any ideas on what else I should check. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: Panic Button Keyless Door Lock

Originally Posted by unsc005
I bought a 2005 Limited Coupe. It's a nice car, but I have found a couple of items that don't work properly with the keyless remote. When I press the lock button the doors lock and the driver's side front and back turn signals flash three time. The passenger side front and back turn signals do not flash and the horn does not beep. In addition when I press the panic button the front and back driver and passenger turn signals flash for three minutes, but the horn does not sound. The horn does work when I press it and all of the turn signals work fine when I put the turn signal on. I have checked a number of fuses that have something to do with the horn or turn signals. I do not know if the two issues are related and am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or any ideas on what else I should check. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
The horn does not sound when you use the remote to open or lock the car.
The horn does not sound when you press the panic button. It is a siren that sounds when you press the panic button.
The lights should flash once when you lock the car with the remote.
I believe the security pump module in the trunk may be the cause of the lights not working on the passenger side when opening the car, it may have some damaged contacts on a plug.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:31 PM

Thanks for responding onehundred80. Can you tell me where in the trunk that I can access the security pump module to see if there are any contacts damaged? As for the siren any thoughts on why the siren is not sounding when all of the turn signal lights are flashing?

Old 11-25-2015, 10:22 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by unsc005
Thanks for responding onehundred80. Can you tell me where in the trunk that I can access the security pump module to see if there are any contacts damaged? As for the siren any thoughts on why the siren is not sounding when all of the turn signal lights are flashing?
The siren has batteries inside it and they are shot so they do not work siren.
The pump is behind the passenger seat and underneath the mat. To get at it the rear and right side upper and lower panels have to be removed. If you can slip a slim item down the back of the foam you may be able to see if it gets wet if water is present.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-25-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:28 PM

Thank you for the additional information onehundred80. I also looked up a post from you on the service manual and went to the anti-theft system section. This will help a lot and I plan on getting it to it this weekend.