Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Odd electrical issues, Wing, Windows, Wipers

Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Odd electrical issues, Wing, Windows, Wipers

Hey everyone,

I'm interested to know if anyone else has had this problem.

I have an '04 Limited Coupe. A few weeks ago I had some issues getting the car started. It'd click and the digital indicators would dim, but it wouldn't turn over. I noticed that the negative battery terminal was badly corroded, cleaned it off and it fired right up. A few weeks later it had the same problem, and I had to adjust the positioning of the negative cable on the terminal to get it started. A few weeks after that I my wing deployed on its own, and would not come down. I noticed the wing button's red light was blinking on and off.

I read around a little and saw that people had electrical issues when the battery was on its way out. I just replaced the battery today and I'm still having these issues:
  • The wing will still not retract. The light on the button is blinking intermittently and with no regularity.
  • The car starts flawlessly, but all of the digital indicators (clock, miles, etc) go blank after a couple minutes following killing the engine
  • The wipers, window motors, and turn signals pulse. The signals will activate but blink normally then several times rapidly. On the same cycle the wipers will run normally but then stutter part way through their motion.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

thanks,
-Rich

Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Odd electrical issues, Wing, Windows, Wipers

Try replacing the battery cables. They may be corroded inside.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:09 PM

Interesting development: I got into the car to go get some new cables. Wiper, signal, window issues seem to have self-corrected, the wing is still stuck up and the light is flashing regularly now. Digital stuff still blinks off after 30 seconds. I'm wondering, since it holds time, if it's supposed to do that and I've just never noticed

Old 06-02-2014, 05:32 PM

I once had the spoiler deploy on its own and then it got stuck and would never go down, also had the blinking red light. Next day I started the car and the spoiler went down and I never had the problem again but all my interior lights have dimmed since then, maybe a short? Have you scanned for any trouble codes?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about a ground strap some were, sounds like it could be a short that a ground wire for whole vehicle ? Just a guess ! Had a vette once wipers & radio would come on & off by themselves turned out to be extra ground strap came loose !