Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

CAI Problems Solved!

Old 06-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: CAI Problems Solved!

Originally Posted by NjRichieRich25
And huh??? Who asked you if you needed a loan???
What's up your *** dude?
What? You're a "Senior Member" of a Crossfire Club so you waste your time trying to belittle newbies who have a passion for working on their cars themselves and fabricating solutions to problems they've come across???
I would never waste my time asking you if you needed a loan. I couldn't care less about what you do and don't need in your life...

I think most of us are a little confused with your signature. I've been on different automotive forums for over a decade, and until today I'd never seen someone use their work signature on a forum. Wouldn't you think it strange if I used my forum signature on a work email? That would be out of place, right? Get it?

Regardless, welcome to the forum. And for the record, 180 treats us all this way, so stop thinking you're special.

Last edited by grip grip; 06-29-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:23 PM

Here you go.

Deleted mine as it was freaking me out.

Last edited by grip grip; 06-29-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

And a very respected Senior Member at that. And there are a number of respected Canadian members here.

No one listens to them, but we respect them just the same.

And 180 just isn't as polite as the rest of us. He was merely the first to tell you that what you did is quite a common thing to do when one starts to upgrade the cold air intake system. The very first thing, in fact.

Both 180 and I are old, but we've been here a long time and seen ever'thing.

Sonny. (JK)

Old 06-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by grip grip
I think most of us are a little confused with your signature. I've been on different automotive forums for over a decade, and until today I'd never seen someone use their work signature on a forum. Wouldn't you think it stage if I used my forum signature on a work email? That would be out of place, right? Get it?

Regardless, welcome to the forum. And for the record, 180 treats us all this way, so stop thinking you're special.
Holy Cow! Yeah, that's more info than I would let on the winternet. Think "SECURITY".

Old 06-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Holy Cow! Yeah, that's more info than I would let on the winternet. Think "SECURITY".
Fer sure, Example - anyone want to meet Richie after work, just wait here :

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Capture.JPG (57.7 KB, 48 views)
Old 06-29-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Fer sure, Example - anyone want to meet Richie after work, just wait here :

Can someone post a photo of his house.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Plus you're Canadian! LOL!!!
That's why I am such a nice guy.

You came on here like you had discovered a cure for cancer or something, and I pointed out that you were a bit late and a dollar short. No offense but I thought you were trying to come up with some business, like some troll or whatever. We try and help but .............

You need some 3" and 2 1/2" (2 3/4"?) rubber or silicon tube to go through those rad support holes.

Money lender in NJ, easy, here's his house. Or is that Tony Sopranos, I get confused at times.

It actually is the house seen in the Sopranos, Tony is seen walking down the driveway to pick up his paper. The pool scenes look like they were done by the pool out back.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sopranos_House_1.jpg (106.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-30-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That's why I am such a nice guy.

You came on here like you had discovered a cure for cancer or something, and I pointed out that you were a bit late and a dollar short. No offense but I thought you were trying to come up with some business, like some troll or whatever. We try and help but .............

You need some 3" and 2 1/2" (2 3/4"?) rubber or silicon tube to go through those rad support holes.

Money lender in NJ, easy, here's his house. Or is that Tony Sopranos, I get confused at times.

Thats his HOUSE? Damn lending money must be quite profitable...

Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

LMAO..... This is what happened when the Chevy Impalas guys started busting my *****...I told each of them where they lived.... Facebook.... full of information just like what Richie posted... SECURITY...right.

Anyway. I won't bust your ***** kid. IT is usually the 1st thing you try to mod, and many did just what you are doing until Rob at Needswings did the 1st single CAI, which has been copied many different ways by the Handyman builder with some "plumber" knowledge. It's big $$$$ to move up to a Needswings CAI whether single or a dual, but all the research and development has been done, and they work. So you get what you pay for. KIND OF AN INVESTMENT. I couldn't resist....sorry....mod away and welcome.... AS for us old types....well, hell we don't like each other much either...kind of like being on the IMPALA forum.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Richie, you will find that the OEM engine cover is restrictive, even with the air filters removed, but if you are going with that anyway, make certain you are getting a good seal between both the removable covers and the main cover. This has been an issue in the past, seems the plastic covers can warp.

A Needswings or DIY CAI is the preferred way to go, the part that is hard to find ( but can be found ) is the 90 degree 3" silicone elbows. If you keep all the OEM plastic junk from the throttle body and up, it's hard to connect to,
If you drop the plastic stuff, then you are stuck with how to mount the MAF/IAT sensor.
Rob at Needswings has all this covered, albeit at a price .....

http://www.needswings.com/productimages/xfnacaigray.jpg

If you wanna go all out, take a look at maxcichon's homemade DCAI :
CrossfireForum.org - maxcichon's Album: Member Galleries - Picture

At any rate, you will soon also want a 74MM throttle body upgrade, and a EuroCharged tune.
Cool, thanks Alex! Very helpful info!
Are you referring to a 90 degree elbo to mount coming off the MAF/throttle body? If so, yes that was my biggest hurdle when deciding how to cut out the restrictive engine cover and come straight from TB. Basically what I'm trying to fabricate for now is tubing which will connect to my two cone filters in front of the radiator and connecting to tubing coming off off engine cover (the real problem rest in the ability to fit through the small, oblong shape on both sides of the radiator. I figure once I can do that, I can easily just cut out the cover and go straight to TB (assuming I use the 90 degree elbo).

Old 06-30-2013, 02:02 PM

And huh??? Who asked you if you needed a loan???
What's up your *** dude?
What? You're a "Senior Member" of a Crossfire Club so you waste your time trying to belittle newbies who have a passion for working on their cars themselves and fabricating solutions to problems they've come across???
I would never waste my time asking you if you needed a loan. I couldn't care less about what you do and don't need in your life...
Don't take it personal, that is what 180 does from time to time to just about anyone. But do take advantage of the search feature...though it does get overwhelming with the results. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Plus you're Canadian! LOL!!!
So what? There are a number of Canadian's on here and I've yet to meet one I didn't like. But you've opened the can of worms for others. Just roll with it and hopefully others will end it. Suggest you find some fellow owners up your way and they'll help you understand the community a little better.

Last edited by Erzer; 06-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Erzer
Don't take it personal, that is what 180 does from time to time to just about anyone. But do take advantage of the search feature...though it does get overwhelming with the results. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

So what? There are a number of Canadian's on here and I've yet to meet one I didn't like. But you've opened the can of worms for others. Just roll with it and hopefully others will end it. Suggest you find some fellow owners up your way and they'll help you understand the community a little better.
Anyone who posts the following info looks like they're trolling for business, I just said I did not need a loan that's all.
With all this info for a small fee you may be able to find his home address and other info.
There is already a picture of where he works. I thought I had found his home but the picture is of Tony Sopranos home.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-26-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: info removed
Old 06-30-2013, 03:20 PM

If you want to find info about anyone on here, it isn't that hard to do.... IF he wants to display and advertise....have at it.... Doesn't both me....and he will learn in time...just like they all do.... When you start mod....the $$$$$$ start to flow and at least he knows where to get the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 11-25-2013, 06:01 PM

Hey guys... I doubt anyone will ever even read this, but recently after installing Needswings CAI I noticed how idiotic my previous comments were, stating that I potentially solved the Xfire intake issues... Im an idiot!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Hey guys... I doubt anyone will ever even read this, but recently after installing Needswings CAI I noticed how idiotic my previous comments were, stating that I potentially solved the Xfire intake issues... Im an idiot!
An idiot that acknowledges that he was an idiot is no longer an idiot.

1. Get a 74mm throttle body ( don't forget a new O ring too )
2. Get a EuroCharged tune to go along with that CAI and 74mm.
3. If you really want a project, figure out how to prevent those aluminum tubes from becoming heat soaked from the radiator and engine ......

Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You weren't the first to jump in head first and gonna rock the crossfire world.. LOL. Most likely won't be the last either..

Guessing by now you've read enough here to know almost everything has been tried with these cars..

Old 11-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait a minute now ole doc doesnt like me ???? And talking about loans I will take one !!!! Just dont be thinking you will get paid back any time soon !!! To close to X-Mas !!!! LOL You all have a GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON my crossfire has to go to sleep to much salt on the roads & snow is here !!!!!

Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM

That was in June Ed....I have had my meds back on track since then....lol...

Besides, watching 180 insulting someone from NJ...I figured he might be "HIT" by now....go figure.

Last edited by oledoc2u; 11-26-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
That was in June Ed....I have had my meds back on track since then....lol...

Besides, watching 180 insulting someone from NJ...I figured he might be "HIT" by now....go figure.
I did not insult him, I just told him what he was doing was nothing new. His name and business address and the fact he was in the money lending business really should not have been here as it made him look like he was trolling for customers. At first I thought he was just advertising.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:39 AM

This thread really blew up.

Quick Reply: CAI Problems Solved!