Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

crankshaft sensor harness

Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crankshaft sensor harness

Hey all I am a new member in desperate need of help. I purchased my xfire 2 weeks ago and had no problems for the first few days, then occasionally I noticed a dip in high end power along with some hesitation. Two days ago she died on me, cel code was the crankshaft position sensor, saw a diy tut on here, swapped the sensor out no sweat. Well today she died again. Managed to start her back up and began bending and jiggling connector wire.... and she died. So my guess is the connector or entire harness is bad. Sorry for story here's questions. How do I diagnose the real issue and if it is connector or harness where can I get a replacement? Thanks ahead of time and of course whoo woo first post

Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Default Re: crankshaft sensor harness

Help me!!! Lol

Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 PM

The harness for the Crank sensor must be a dealer item only. Have a dealer check for breaks and order a new wire. Or just save some money and find an independant mechanic that can do the check and maybe repair the harness.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelosXfire
Hey all I am a new member in desperate need of help. I purchased my xfire 2 weeks ago and had no problems for the first few days, then occasionally I noticed a dip in high end power along with some hesitation. Two days ago she died on me, cel code was the crankshaft position sensor, saw a diy tut on here, swapped the sensor out no sweat. Well today she died again. Managed to start her back up and began bending and jiggling connector wire.... and she died. So my guess is the connector or entire harness is bad. Sorry for story here's questions. How do I diagnose the real issue and if it is connector or harness where can I get a replacement? Thanks ahead of time and of course whoo woo first post
The Service Manual will tell you how to check the harness back from the sensor. You will need a multimeter though, still cheaper than a dealers charge for an hours work.

This can be said for all such sensors and most things electrical on
these cars. Why pay a dealer to do something you can do yourself?

That's why there are service manuals, they tell you how to do it.