Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Sexiest car ever in its class

Old 03-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sexiest car ever in its class

I was just taking a quick brake and checking her out. And i was telling myself "wow man, what a sexy little thing she is. for the money i spent, there is LITERALLY no other car out there better than this" Couldn't help but snap a cell phone pic.

Image040-1.jpg

Sometimes while i am approaching to my car with this new girl i am seeing, i tell her "look at this sexy girl, sexiest ever" she asks me "me?" I am like, "no, her (pointing the xfire) she gets in a blah mood. LOL Sorry, xfire before anybody at this point

Last edited by Musclefan21; 03-19-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sexiest car ever in its class

Hahahah Like the style! I totally agree! as would most of us here i think! Love the white wish they had them in white over here I would be there in a snap to buy one! Never seen one or heard of a white one here. Were they a special edition? Or maybe just not popular for the right hand drive market?

Old 03-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like that guy in the beer commercial when asked if he would save the girl or the beer first. LOL

I would diagnose you with having WIWWM-ICSSATC syndrome (What Is Wrong With Me - I Can't Stop Staring At The Crossfire) It is totally incurable, you are stuck with it, so just learn to cope with it!

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I was just taking a quick brake and checking her out. And i was telling myself "wow man, what a sexy little thing she is. for the money i spent, there is LITERALLY no other car out there better than this" Couldn't help but snap a cell phone pic.

Sometimes while i am approaching to my car with this new girl i am seeing, i tell her "look at this sexy girl, sexiest ever" she asks me "me?" I am like, "no, her (pointing the xfire) she gets in a blah mood. LOL Sorry, xfire before anybody at this point

Old 03-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL, I definitely have WIWWM-ICSSATC syndrome. One of the major symptoms of this incurable disease is uncontrollable walking backwards. I find myself walking away from my car backwarks after I park it just to look at her.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Inquiring psychiatrists want to know, do you have this reaction approaching her from all sides or just from the rear?

Old 03-19-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Inquiring psychiatrists want to know, do you have this reaction approaching her from all sides or just from the rear?
Reminded me of the Top Gear review that Jeremy Clarkson did where he stated that the Crossfire looks like a dog squatting to take a **** from the rear. To me, I think that the rear end is what makes this car so attractive and sexy. From a psychiatrists point of view, is that indicative of an underlying problem that I may have?

Old 03-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Sounds like that guy in the beer commercial when asked if he would save the girl or the beer first. LOL

I would diagnose you with having WIWWM-ICSSATC syndrome (What Is Wrong With Me - I Can't Stop Staring At The Crossfire) It is totally incurable, you are stuck with it, so just learn to cope with it!
doctor, you are definitely accurate. I think i have that syndrome

Originally Posted by bmorgan
LOL, I definitely have WIWWM-ICSSATC syndrome. One of the major symptoms of this incurable disease is uncontrollable walking backwards. I find myself walking away from my car backwarks after I park it just to look at her.
haha i thought i was the only one LMAO!

Originally Posted by Goldwing
every angle sir but especially rear and NO, i am no into dogs.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't agree with you more Muscle. She's my little white coupe, I am wow'd with what i've got, to paraphrase a Beach Boy song from the distant past. I love coming up on her from the back, the wide haunches looking like it just is waiting to leap forward, the long nose, and the low profile-half the height of a Focus I park next to. The only view I'm not crazy about is the side view. The back end drops too fast given the long nose. If it had been lengthened just a tad it would have been a dead ringer for the 911. With wings on the badge.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:24 PM

I SHARE THE EXACT SAME FEELINGS YOU GUYS HAVE,WHEN IT COMES TO THESE CARS.I WONDER WHERE DID THE DESIGNER GET HIS INSPIRATION FROM.TO DESIGN SUCH A UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL LOOKING CAR.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by theoneandonly
I SHARE THE EXACT SAME FEELINGS YOU GUYS HAVE,WHEN IT COMES TO THESE CARS.I WONDER WHERE DID THE DESIGNER GET HIS INSPIRATION FROM.TO DESIGN SUCH A UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL LOOKING CAR.
The Crossfire was designed by Eric Stoddard, and he said that his inspiration came from cars like the Auburn boattail Speedster, and later the 63 Corvette and 68 Mustang fastback. Eric is a member of the forum and stops by from time to time to make a post.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM

I totally agree with all the comments on this post, but I have to ask one question of you muscle-------
Do you always park that close to other cars? Arent you afraid of someone opening their door on your sexy baby?
I always park my Crossfire in "no mans land", although there was this time, last summer, in no mans land, I came out of store and there was a 350 ZX parked next to my car, guess he figgured it was good place for Expensive sport cars.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a strong slk component welded to a mid 1930's Airflow, which is seen in Eric's first concept with the split window rear and windshield. I see the typical German rear end if a Porsche, that being a bit longer would resemble the Cayman. I believe the Cayman design was influenced by the Cross. I also see the Studebaker Hawk in there too to some degree. So basically, the design is a melding of classic design, and that's why our cars will never lose that timeless design and looks, no matter how old they get. Someday these cars will be regarded much the same as the MB Gullwing, as far as design goes.

edited: and yes I forgot to mention the Auburn Speedster too. But basic pony car design. Long nose, short rear deck, reminescent of the P51 Mustang, or in this particular case more like the ME-109, which was the inspiration for the Ford Mustang which got all this going.

Originally Posted by theoneandonly

Last edited by mdaniels4; 03-19-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big Al
I totally agree with all the comments on this post, but I have to ask one question of you muscle-------
Do you always park that close to other cars? Arent you afraid of someone opening their door on your sexy baby?
I always park my Crossfire in "no mans land", although there was this time, last summer, in no mans land, I came out of store and there was a 350 ZX parked next to my car, guess he figgured it was good place for Expensive sport cars.
I actually dont have much choice at work. I have to park the empty space i can find because it is generally full. however at my apartment complex or anywhere else, i try to park her away from others.

but this happens everywhere so there is no escape:

Old 03-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually dont have much choice at work. I have to park the empty space i can find because it is generally full. however at my apartment complex or anywhere else, i try to park her away from others.

but this happens everywhere so there is no escape:

ROTFLMAO-Ain't it da truth!

Old 03-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
ROTFLMAO-Ain't it da truth!
F* yeaa!

Old 03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beaner
F* yeaa!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

that was a congressman standing next to you........

Old 03-20-2010, 10:21 AM

Wow! Alabaster!

Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Received 439 Likes on 377 Posts

I have it (WIWWM-ICSSATC) in the worst way. I care not what the shrinks say, don't they have to go to shrinks themselves???...

I can only imagine all the comments/cell calls from people I zip by/around/almost through. I am sure a couple of 'MAD DRIVER' 'ROADRAGE' 'CRAZY DRIVER' 911 calls were made, but they just cannot catch up!

Am smart enough to know sooner or later, one or two will catch up to me but thats the price offset I have to pay (either a ticket, or therapy AND ticket for having WIWWM-ICSSATC disease)

One of these days, I will come up on another XF (or maybe one will come up on me) and I will just have to flag him or her over for a chat and maybe a beer!

EDIT:

Hey, when is DSM4 coming up for revision? Maybe we can get it intorduced as a documented official malady?

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 03-20-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trimmy
Hahahah Like the style! I totally agree! as would most of us here i think! Love the white wish they had them in white over here I would be there in a snap to buy one! Never seen one or heard of a white one here. Were they a special edition? Or maybe just not popular for the right hand drive market?
Hi Trimmy, they never made the white ones for the UK market. Shame coz they look really good in the pictures. (Never seen one in the flesh though)

Where abouts in Herts are you? I'm in bishops stortford.

Regards, Andy.

Quick Reply: Sexiest car ever in its class