Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Alarm going off for no reason

Old 02-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm going off for no reason

Has anyone else had the Alarm go off for no reason. Even when the car is unlocked and no one around it?

Mine has done it twice now in less than 24 hours. Last night the car was tucked, safe and sound, in the garage (unlocked and garage door closed) and as the wife and I were watching the news the alarm started screaming in the garage. I went out stuck the key in the ignition and turned it on to kill the alarm. Then just a few minutes ago.... The car is sitting in my parking space, right outside my office, and it went off again. No one around and the car was unlocked. It's really strange!!! :? :roll:

Old 02-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Forum Regular

No, but it sounds like a loose wire potentially.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wMichaels... Sounds like a good excuse to take a few hours off from work and take it to the dealer. Oh, make sure to take the "long" way around. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 02-20-2004, 12:04 PM

AZ.... Like everyone else I always take the "long" way.... :lol:

Old 02-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Default Re: Alarm going off for no reason

Originally Posted by WMichaels
Has anyone else had the Alarm go off for no reason. Even when the car is unlocked and no one around it?

Mine has done it twice now in less than 24 hours. Last night the car was tucked, safe and sound, in the garage (unlocked and garage door closed) and as the wife and I were watching the news the alarm started screaming in the garage. I went out stuck the key in the ignition and turned it on to kill the alarm. Then just a few minutes ago.... The car is sitting in my parking space, right outside my office, and it went off again. No one around and the car was unlocked. It's really strange!!! :? :roll:

well, i both cases you were fairly close to the car so i'd look at pilot error first. is there any chance that the panic button got puched while in your pocket?? keys, change - anything. also, you can turn it off just by holding down the panic button for a couple of seconds. usually happens to me when i'm stretched across the table, down on a shot.

dan

Old 02-20-2004, 12:46 PM

When it happened this morning that could have happened. I did have the keys in my pocket and I was sitting at my desk. But last night the keys were hanging in their hook.... Both Keys.

Old 02-20-2004, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by WMichaels
When it happened this morning that could have happened. I did have the keys in my pocket and I was sitting at my desk. But last night the keys were hanging in their hook.... Both Keys.
oh, in that case it was probably just lonely and wanted to go for a ride.

they do that.

dan

Old 02-20-2004, 12:57 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 02-20-2004, 02:05 PM

Boy, what some folks will dream up just to take the Crossfire out for a ride!!! This car sure makes you do things you never did before... :P :P :P

Old 02-20-2004, 04:08 PM

You keep it unlocked? Brave man.

Old 02-20-2004, 04:15 PM

I had a simmilar problem with my 2K Mustang.Alarm went off, for no reason. I could not get it to stop short of diconnecting the battery..ACK. . Im my case it tured out someone had washed one set of the keys :roll: and there was a now a short in the keyless remote/panic key fob. Once I figured this out and wraped the offending unit in aluminum foil as an RF shield everything was fine...........WMichaels, have you gotten your keys wet recently ?........just a thought.

Old 02-20-2004, 04:22 PM

Nope.... The keys have been high and dry. It hasn't done it again today..... Yet....

Old 02-20-2004, 04:41 PM

What??? You didn't take a few hours off and take the "long" way around to the dealer??? :wink: :P :wink: :P

Old 02-20-2004, 05:06 PM

I couldn't I had a small emergancy at work..... My boss, in Oklahoma City, resigned and I'm designated as his replacement. I had to make it perfectly clear that I will not be moving to OKC.... No way.... No how!!! I love my Beach and the last time I was there (2 months ago) there were no beaches in or around OKC. :lol:

Old 02-20-2004, 05:11 PM

I know exactly what you mean about OKC. I went to school on the E-3 AWACS there for a couple of months before going to Okinawa. Also had to go back a couple of times a year for a few days to swap out airplanes.

Oh, they don't have blue crabs or Md crabcakes there either... :wink: :twisted: :wink: :twisted:

Old 02-20-2004, 05:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 02-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The alarm can be set off if the hood,doors,glove box or hatch switches are defective or not fully closed.Could be something out of adjustment or a defective part.The dealer has a diagnostic computer that can check for alarm codes or last switch to trigger alarm.To do a system check ...close all doors...open the driver door...lock with remote...close driver door...the tow alarm switch red light should flash.If it doesn't you have a system problem.

Old 02-21-2004, 06:54 AM
imported_mightyjlr

Hmm, the timing of this is strange. I think it saw pics of the SRT-6 and it was crying.

Old 02-21-2004, 06:56 AM

Crossfire tech.... Thanks for the info.

I just did the System Check and the light did flash.

I'm taking the car in next week for it's first oil change and to get a couple of other things taken care of... Like the Glovebox lock that fell out, and the rattling rear hatch stops and the window switches. I'll have them checkout the Alarm system too. It may have been just some kind of anomaly that may never happen again.

Old 02-21-2004, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
Hmm, the timing of this is strange. I think it saw pics of the SRT-6 and it was crying.
That may be it!!! :lol:

Quick Reply: Alarm going off for no reason