Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Alarm going off for no reason

Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alarm going off for no reason

I just found the alarm module that Lennex3 mentioned on the previous post, I disconnected and I believe that module is defective, I will replaced it shortly, but for now the car is working ok, I can lock the door, and it is not screamming all the time.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Axel
I just found the alarm module that Lennex3 mentioned on the previous post, I disconnected and I believe that module is defective, I will replaced it shortly, but for now the car is working ok, I can lock the door, and it is not screamming all the time.
Axel, did just disconnecting the alarm module give you a check engine light or cause you any other problems. How does it disconnect? If I can just disconnect it. I may call that fixed. Then put in a aftermarket alarm. If I could find a reasonable way to remove every bit of the stock wiring, switches, computers and relays from this car I would.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM

no problems or light at all, the module is between the windshield and the hood, only 5 or 6 screws and you need to remove the plastic cover the siren is almost in the center.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Axel
no problems or light at all, the module is between the windshield and the hood, only 5 or 6 screws and you need to remove the plastic cover the siren is almost in the center.
Thank you very much. That will be tomorrow's project. Two weeks ago I was on my way to South Dakota, staying in a motel after driving about 800 miles. The desk called about midnight and said my alarm was going off. It went off a few hours later as well. Made me no friends in Hardin Montana that night. I got on line and read all the alarm posts. Read the one about this happening after washing the car. I had just driven through three big rain storms and thought that must be it. I drove the next day in sun shine too Custer SD. Did some work on my lot and checked into a motel. It happened three more time that night. I checked out and finished what I could on the lot by noon. Then drove 1250 mile through the worst storms I have ever seen in that part of the country. The kind that make people pull off the side of the interstate because they can't see. No sleep for two nights then a 17.5 hour drive. No wounder the part is called a skreem. Cant think why I would put that part back in a car. Talk about a time bomb! Thanks again I have been trying to figure out what to do.

Last edited by ZORRO; 09-13-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:33 PM

Called my dealership this morning told them my alarm was going off and ask how soon they could take a look. They called back 3 hours later and said "next tuesday and I you will have to leave it" That was enough for me. I did the trick listed above by Axel, worked like a charm! Next time I have the hood open, out comes the skreem and the 8 ounces it probably weighs.
The Crossfire would sure be harder to own without this web-site, and the people on it.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Forum Regular

I had some work done to my Crossfire when I bought it from the dealership and they ended up keeping my car for 3 weeks. Good thing I didn't have to pay for it but it really sucks when you buy a new car and can't drive it. They never even offered me a rental and when I asked for one they told me they didn't have any available. Never again will my car go to a Chrysler dealership.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Angry Re: Alarm going off for no reason

My 04 started doing this a day ago, it seems like if its not one thing its another with these cars, all I want 2 do is love her! That freaking alarm makes me want 2 kick puppies! Does any one have pics on how 2 disconnect the siren? Don't want 2 cause further problems by just winging it plus I have a knack for breaking things. My neighbors love me.... =)

Old 10-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by mophreakous
My 04 started doing this a day ago, it seems like if its not one thing its another with these cars, all I want 2 do is love her! That freaking alarm makes me want 2 kick puppies! Does any one have pics on how 2 disconnect the siren? Don't want 2 cause further problems by just winging it plus I have a knack for breaking things. My neighbors love me.... =)

I do not have picks. But what you do is remove the nuts then get a small gear puller to remove the wiper arms (yes on mine at least they are were on that tight) Then undo the torques/sp? bolts along the front of the panel under the wiper arms (just kind of pulls out of a gasket at the windshield) them right about the center of the firewall you will see what looks like a horn pointing up (cant mis it) the wire is just plugged into the bottom and pulls off not a problem. I just left it hanging there, and have not had any issues with it of any kind. When you walk away from the car you hit the lock button on the key. The lights flash the doors lock and the little red light blinking on the dash tells everyone your alarm is on. It's lying! The hardest part is wrestling the panel back on. I found swearing helped.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Thanks a million Zorro! I hate leaving it unlocked to keep it quiet. I now have a Fun Friday project. Are these cars loco or what....

Old 10-07-2010, 08:19 PM

Thanks a million Zorro! I hate leaving it unlocked to keep it quiet. I now have a Fun Friday project. Are these cars loco or what....
Fix it soon. It will start to go off even when the car is not locked, it will even go off when you are driving it. Nothing will make it stop! You think the Crossfire gets looks? Try driving it with the siren and lights. Its like being a clown in your own parade.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Hi, Mine did the same and I got the battery checked and changed and that fix it.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Exclamation Re: Alarm going off for no reason

Haven't had a chance 2 mess with the car yet, unexpected business. Guess what Zorro, I was blazing down HWY 290 with the alarm going HA! Felt like a European cop or something, all I needed was some flashing red and blues!!!! Ahhh these cars, you got 2 love them....

Old 10-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Haven't had a chance 2 mess with the car yet, unexpected business. Guess what Zorro, I was blazing down HWY 290 with the alarm going HA! Felt like a European cop or something, all I needed was some flashing red and blues!!!! Ahhh these cars, you got 2 love them....
It will start doing that more often. The alarm has its own battery so even disconnecting the cars battery will not stop it. I once had an Irish setter, I thought that dog had so much personality, it was amazing the crazy things she would do. Then one day I realized she was doing those things not because of her personality but because she was seriously stupid. So far at least, I find the Crossfire has a lot of personality.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:30 PM

Pulled fuse for now......

Last edited by mophreakous; 10-11-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:46 PM

Pulled fuse for now......
That should do it.