Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

nonfunctioning key help

Old 11-01-2009 | 12:25 PM
Default nonfunctioning key help

hey ya'll...been a member here awhile but havent really posted much. came across i problem yesterday. bought my limited 05 crossfire september of 08. no major problems have come with it, actually it is the best car i've owned so far. they gave me 2 sets of keys when purchased. i did misplace one set awhile ago, so ive been going off of one key w/ keyless entry. my keyless entry stopped working on it yesterday, so i tried the manual part of the key and it would not fit into the exterior lock on the drivers side (since there is only one lock on the outside). for now i am S.O.L. , i do not know what to do. why would the key work the ignition and not the door handle lock. there is no way to get inside my car that i am aware of. i called the dealership and the process is rather long to get a functioning key. is there any way to open this car without waiting 2 weeks for a new key to come in???? does the chrysler dealerships have a universal key that can open all crossfires? ? ? how can i get into my car guys, because the key does work for the ignition, just not the manual lock? please help here all of you xfire experts.

Old 11-01-2009 | 07:07 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: nonfunctioning key help

Hi

Sounds like you are out of luck locking the car. BUT let me give some options. First I have three keys (long story) but it came into the dealership in 2 days. It came from Dallas. So 2 weeks sounds like BS. All they need is your VIN and proof of ownership -- title or registration. In my case they just did it with the VIN since they knew me and the car.

You may want to take your car and the key to a locksmith and have them look at the key and lock to see why it is Not working. Did it work with the other key or is this a new problem? Maybe the problem is with the lock and not the key?

Did you change the batteries in the key. It takes 2 and you must change both. You can get them at Wal-Mart. I think I paid $5. I carry spares with me in the car along with my plugs for tires.

Don't think a slim jim will not work because the locks are not electric. Remember it is a Mercedes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Hawk Monster; 11-01-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2009 | 08:04 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry I just thought of this. After you change the the batteries in the remote, press and hold the panic button down and the driver's door will open.

Old 11-03-2009 | 01:29 PM
AlG
Forum Regular

If the car battery is completely dead the locks will not open either. That may be the problem if you accidentally left your lights on or something like that. Hope no one stuck toothpicks in your lock. If that happened you'll have to replace it.