Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Keyed.

Old 11-30-2003, 06:37 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Keyed.

Just noticed my car was keyed last night. I went to the mall, did some Christmas shopping, and saw the movie Elf with my girlfriend. I was in such a good mood, I had a great Thanksgiving, and was getting excited about the holidays. I was getting ready to go out earlier today and I saw the key mark. Long, deep cut, through the paint on the spoiler, and part of the rear quarter panel. A-holes. I'll get an estimate tomorrow. The funny thing is the same thing happened to my last car, and that time I never got it fixed, but I never felt the same about the car after that. Damn, it's frustrating, because there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Oh well.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mightyjlr
I know the feeling. We travelled to Orlando, FL two years ago and my wife's bran new Murc Mountaineer was keyed on the right side, multipal times while we were having dinner. Really PISSED me off.

There is no sane reason for that kind of vandelism to your car, or any car.

If the guy/s were caught and you looked inside their heads, the reason would be simple jealousy, especially concerning a vehicle like your Crossfire. It is a very "hot" car, they can't own it, you do, so their immature reaction is to damage you vehicle. Wouldn't you just love to catch that guy????

My suggestion would be to get it fixed ASAP, becausse it will drive you nuts knowing it's damaged.
Good luck

Old 11-30-2003, 09:57 PM

Hello,
My sympathies to you. I can't understand it. My car was at the mall and I parked all the way at the end. When I returned, Someone was parked next to me and I had a door ding. This person had no reason in the world to park next to me, but did. The ding is not real bad but it will be fixed. No one sees it but me unless I point it out. Don't try to get inside the heads of these human waste forms,it only makes it worse.

CrossCrazy
P.S. The same thing happened to me with my Corvette at the mall only then I got keyed real bad.

Old 12-01-2003, 06:09 AM

mightyjlr Sorry to hear that. I wish you luck in getting it fixed. Someday the sorry bas.......tard will get his.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Forum Regular

might that bites! Some people are just jealous and very angry in life. I am always careful as to where I park and where I take mine--not because it's some expensive car like a Ferrari, but because there are people like that jerk that keyed yours out there.

Down here in Texas you better not let someone catch you doing that to someones car--they will probably shoot you. I know if I caught someone doing that to ANY of my cars they would be in some MAJOR pain--no need for the cops :lol:

Let us know how it turns out on the estimate--we ALL feel your pain :cry:

Old 12-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the keying. Some idiot did the same thing to my Jeep GC. The idiot(s) got all 4 sections of 1 side and ice-picked 2 tires. When all was said and done there was over $2k in damages. I would love to find out who did it!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 10:54 AM

CROSSCRAZY:My car was at the mall and I parked all the way at the end. When I returned, Someone was parked next to me and I had a door ding.

I park in exactly the same way,well away from anything and one side next to a kerb,the last person that dinged my door got theirs caved in with my boot.There was about 100 empty spaces and they had to get up that close!

Old 12-01-2003, 12:18 PM

Macjake, similar story here. Worse, with a borrowed car! It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't mine. Quick jump to the end of the story: Friend wouldn't let me pay to have it fixed when I called and told him about it. So, I returned it with four new tires that took him a week to realize were added.

Didn't stop with the boot to the door, though, just happened to have a Permanent ink marker with me, and made sure everyone who saw that car knew the kind the person driving it. :evil: About the third time I scrawled the phrase (well, lets say it as an adjective and a pronoun, and leave it at that) of the four sides I monogrammed for him, I really started to feel better. But, the foot-print certainly wasn't enough.

Keep your markers handy, there are a lot of uncaring, insecure, jealous 'Adjective Pronouns' out there.

Old 12-01-2003, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by macjake
,the last person that dinged my door got theirs caved in with my boot.There was about 100 empty spaces and they had to get up that close!
Hope you got the right car! a lot rotation on most parking lots. If I don't see it happen stay of it and call the cops. If you don't like some one messing your car up, don't act like the guy's that do!

mightyjlr I hope it is fixed soon with a minimum of cost.

Nean

Old 12-01-2003, 06:22 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Well the estimate is a little over $1000. There was more keying then I first saw. I have comprehensive insurance with a $500 deductible. I'm debating on whether or not to go through insurance on this. The earliest the body shop can get to it is 2 weeks from now, and I wouldn't have the car for 3-4 days. They do really good work though, so I know I will get it back as good as new, it will just be annoying.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:12 AM

I'm with Neander. If you want to take your anger out on something, take it out the the moron that was operating the other car. Not on the car! For all you know he have stolen or borrowed the car. It wasn't the car's fault.

Old 12-02-2003, 07:28 AM
Forum Regular

That is why I will never have just one car. I hate it when people have to damage something that people work so hard for, and LOVE. The crossfire is only the toy and gets the garage. The bike stays in the garage. The talon is outside and gets driven the most. Only on special occasions the crossfire comes out to play.

Nothing worse than being out on a date with a girl, and worrying more about your car than the price for that lobster tail and expensive bottle of wine :shock: When I had my 99 eclipse new, I had it vallet'd. Expensive Italian place. Got the car back. It was in an accident! They of course assumed no responsability. End result, they never even paid for the damages! It would have cost me more to fight them than to have it fixed on my own. Now if I vallet, I pay extra $$ to have it parked up front. That way it can be watched. I try to park it myself if I can.

Just say no to mall parking lots and night clubs! Drunk people suck!

Old 12-02-2003, 08:40 AM

Might,

So so very sorry.................
People will say ...."Its just a car...meant to be driven"......Does'nt make it any easier when something like this happens.......I have a stomach ache just thinking about it.
Truely sorry!!!
Andreanna

Old 12-02-2003, 09:48 AM

Bummer. I know how you feel. Stoped at the Mall the other day, I parked about 10 Rows from everyone else and - you know -when I came out there were cars on both sides A BMW and Ford Expedition, no dings but it realy made me nervious. I had a 67 Mercedes 250SL many years ago. I had it repainted, looked great. The day I got it someone put a big dent and ding in the drivers door. Boy, was I pissed - and sick.
May never park my Crossfire at the Mall again.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear this mighty

Old 12-02-2003, 12:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your incident. I see you are in Bridgewater. Did it happen at Bridgewater Commons? Good luck with the repairs. I will have my SSB 6-sp for a week tomorrow and I have been thrilled. I guess I should consider taking up two spaces at the end of a row.

Old 12-02-2003, 01:42 PM

Neander wrote:Hope you got the right car! a lot rotation on most parking lots. If I don't see it happen stay of it and call the cops. If you don't like some one messing your car up, don't act like the guy's that do!

It was the right car as i'd only been parked a few minutes,and if i'd of seen them do it yes they'd have got the boot.
No "oh i'm sorry mister".

Unfortunately the police don't respond to most crimes in the UK so coming out for a dented door is going to be way down the list,so booting the cars door in was fine with me as all i could see was red mist.

If you think I was over the top then fine just don't park next to me and bang my door, just maybe the owner got taught a lesson and is now more careful.

Old 12-02-2003, 03:34 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by thrilled
Sorry to hear about your incident. I see you are in Bridgewater. Did it happen at Bridgewater Commons? Good luck with the repairs. I will have my SSB 6-sp for a week tomorrow and I have been thrilled. I guess I should consider taking up two spaces at the end of a row.
Yes, it happened at Bridgewater Commons. My previous car was also keyed there.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:06 AM

Off subject....

what is that in neander's gallery and where/how can i get one?

Old 12-03-2003, 02:29 AM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by BigMacDave
Off subject....

what is that in neander's gallery and where/how can i get one?
That is what people purchasing the Crossfire in the UK get instead of the luggage. You might be able to find them on eBay.

Quick Reply: Keyed.