Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Keyed.

Old 12-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
Originally Posted by BigMacDave
Off subject....

what is that in neander's gallery and where/how can i get one?
That is what people purchasing the Crossfire in the UK get instead of the luggage. You might be able to find them on eBay.
Not U.K. I think, only Chrysler BENELUX (belgium,Netherland & Luxembourg). But indeed some peeps on this forum find these or simular on ebay. Thats ofcourse not with the fancy BOX with a Xfire printed on it :lol:

Old 12-03-2003, 05:15 PM

I have never been "keyed" but I saw it happen once, one kid out of a crowd just walked the length of a new Oldsmobile. I should have kicked his butt. If I had the wisdom that I have today I would have. I am very careful where I park my Crossfire as I was with any "special" car that I have owned. End parking places in plain view do a lot to prevent door dings also.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:22 PM

That's no fun.... sorry to hear... my last car someone keyed "**** you" into my door... i never got around to getting it fixed so now it is unique...ha

Old 12-04-2003, 05:01 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I uploaded some low quality pics of the worst of the key marks, I'm warning you, they will make you cringe. The body shop got an opening next week, so it will go in on Monday but they are pretty busy so it might not be Thurs./Fri. till I get it back. There are a lot of smaller scratch marks then what you see in the pictures. Also, forgive my car for being pretty dirty, but I was trying to keep water off the car since there are some pretty big areas of metal exposed. At least my insurance company is going to get me a rental car...

Old 12-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keyed

OUCH!!!!!

You were right - I did cringe.....

Are they going to paint the whole car?

Old 12-04-2003, 05:43 PM
imported_mightyjlr

No, they won't need to paint the whole car. Considering the car is only 2 months old, and black is the easiest color to match, they should just be able to fix the affected areas. I have used this shop before, and they are probably one of the best shops anywhere...

Old 12-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Forum Regular

Damn--coming from another black owner that almost made me cry. Post 'after' pictures when you get it back. Just make sure they perfectly match it, otherwise it will never look the same. I feel for you...

Old 12-09-2003, 01:35 PM

I know there are some HORRIBLE PEOPLE out there, but are you sure that was no one you knew. Peopl do stuff like that, usually it is someone you know of that does like the fact you have a nice car. I have had similar things happen, but it boils down to (the way you hold up your head). It is stupid for some to think that of you, but it happens. Lets' hope it was a stranger because it could very well happen again after you fix it.

Old 12-09-2003, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by only1jt
I know there are some HORRIBLE PEOPLE out there, but are you sure that was no one you knew. Peopl do stuff like that, usually it is someone you know of that does like the fact you have a nice car. I have had similar things happen, but it boils down to (the way you hold up your head). It is stupid for some to think that of you, but it happens. Lets' hope it was a stranger because it could very well happen again after you fix it.
only 1jt I sure hope you're not a valunteer on a suicide hotline... :lol:

Old 12-09-2003, 03:16 PM

Hey, I am only stating facts. Some people are mean, and then there are those that dislike you for you. If it is someone he knows, it can happen again.

I say that because of the scratch marks. Some people would scratch a bit and run. Those scratchs are deep and have a circular motion. Someone enjoyed doing that.

Old 12-09-2003, 03:32 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I don't think (and hope) it was anyone I knew. Nobody I can think of that I know would have been there at the time. I also hope no one I know would have done that to me. I guess it is almost "my fault" since I went to see a late movie at the mall, and my car was parked on top of the parking deck. When I came out (around 11:00-11:30) there were only a little over a dozen cars parked outside, and my car was in a corner by itself, since all of the other cars had left. Probably wasn't too hard for whatever jackass who did that to my car to do it without being seen. While I always make sure to try and find safe parking spaces for my car (in the hopes no one will slam their door in to the side of my car), I don't always think to park in a spot that will deter a keyer. That has now changed.