Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Fit for tall guys???

Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fit for tall guys???

I live in a small town....Found an xfire 100 miles away..before I drive to check it out is 6'3 going to be a problem????In some small cars,ie;Miata, my head hits the ceiling....Thanks....

Old 08-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Fit for tall guys????

Could be. I'm not quite that tall, but it took me some doing to get a good fit. The driver's seat has eight-way adjustments, and it is easy to set the seat-back too far to the rear so that it is hitting the bulkhead -- then you can't move the whole seat back far enough. Also the up/down makes for an interesting tradeoff of headroom and view out of the bathtub.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'2 and I fit fine with a bit of room to spare, but I'm driving a roadster, so I'm not sure about a coupe.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:44 PM

I'm 6'2" and of 'normal' proportions. I feel I'm close to the limit for a coupe, but it's worth a try for you, I'd say...

Old 08-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

i'm also 6'2 and the decision will be a tough one. I sat in a coupe before and thought I might be as tall as can fit. I I have a long body and short legs though.( 33" inseam). try it out. and check your line of sight thru the front window! with my roadster it can be challenging to see stoplights. ( I still wouldn't trade it for anyother car!)

Herman

Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Forum Regular

I'm close to 6'4" and at first it was a little cramped, but I'm used to it.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

I can be as tall as 6' 3" depending upon how I feel in the morning, and the Crossfire head room is fine. It does, however, present trade-offs between leg room and seat recline, but normally you can manipulate the seat bottom and back to find a compromise to meet the length of any trip.

I fashioned a very nice lower-back support out of one of those fluffy toilet seat covers. Don't laugh. It is a dandy accessory (in a coordinating color of course) to help find that exact position of seat comfort in terms of leg/head room and seat recline. My petite wife flips it over and uses it like a telephone book so she can see better. Rarely does she say anymore: "why'd you ever buy that silly little car."

Best saw-buck I ever spent.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WorkinStiff
I live in a small town....Found an xfire 100 miles away..before I drive to check it out is 6'3 going to be a problem????In some small cars,ie;Miata, my head hits the ceiling....Thanks....
my boi is 6.5 and he can drive my car fine. lil crammed in there. but he say he confertable

Old 09-03-2009, 09:37 AM

I am 6 ft 2in and I had the same question 5 or 6 months ago when I was looking to buy an Xfire – but without anyone to give me the answer. For my part I have no problem with the head room. I think that the key is the proportion of the legs to the body, but I would certainly be OK if I was another inch or two taller (and I think that my proportions are fairly balanced). As previously said there is also a lot of adjustment with the seat, so you will be able to get a comfortable position and it is a “fantastic” car.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:04 AM

I am 6 foot 4 and have a coupe, I fit ok.....its cramped at times...But if you love the car then you gotta suck it up Also ive driven from kansas to michigan a few times, no real problems just some minor leg cramps.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

HEADROOM: I have coupe and roadster. I clear the top without any problems in both cars. A helmet makes things a bit more interesting.

LEGROOM: I'd say it's the same in both cars. I have the seat alllllllll the way back and nearly upright. That gives me ample leg room but I would like to be able to tilt the back of the seat back a bit more but no room.

NOTE: The base model seats allow for a bit more leg room. Woody also lowered his seat to allow for more headroom.

I'd say deal with the confines of the car and go for it!

Old 09-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Default Re: Fit for tall guys???

I have no clue how you > 6' tall guys are fitting into crossfires.

I'm 5'9" when I wake up in the morning, and when I get in my hair touches the headliner which is really annoying (no i don't have a mohawk).

Although I do have a long torso, if I was a few inches taller I'd probably be miserable.

What gives!?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by milkjuggz
I have no clue how you > 6' tall guys are fitting into crossfires.

I'm 5'9" when I wake up in the morning, and when I get in my hair touches the headliner which is really annoying (no i don't have a mohawk).

Although I do have a long torso, if I was a few inches taller I'd probably be miserable.

What gives!?
Maybe it's that phone book you have on the seat so you can see out of the windows!!

Old 09-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by marlam
I am 6 ft 2in and I had the same question 5 or 6 months ago when I was looking to buy an Xfire – but without anyone to give me the answer. For my part I have no problem with the head room. I think that the key is the proportion of the legs to the body, but I would certainly be OK if I was another inch or two taller (and I think that my proportions are fairly balanced). As previously said there is also a lot of adjustment with the seat, so you will be able to get a comfortable position and it is a “fantastic” car.
About the same here, 6'2"-250 lbs. when I got her last Oct. Once I got the eight way seat adjusted, I get in/out just fine. Also, I wear a hat ( like "The Shark" guy in the PGA) most of the time.
Try one, you'll buy one!

Old 09-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"What gives!?"

Is your seat adjusted all the way to the bottom, with the back upright so it doesn't wedge against the bulkhead?

Old 09-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by LugNut
"What gives!?"

Is your seat adjusted all the way to the bottom, with the back upright so it doesn't wedge against the bulkhead?

Milk - what Lug mentions above is the secret. Drop the seat & you'll be good to go!
I'm 6'2" & have no issues as long as the seat is down. If not, I can feel the remaining hairs on top of my nearly bald head brushing the bottom of the ceiling.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

don't forget the steering column is telascopic,,, jim

Old 09-05-2009, 02:03 PM

Hi,
If you are tall and youir knees are hitting the bolster, it can be removed to allow for more room. (Disclaimer: I'm not sure what the resulting life safety results are if the bolster is removed, so do it at your own risk.)

Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 PM

My friend is 6'6" and he tried driving my car the other day...haha, he didn't fit too well to put it lightly.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Forum Regular

It's times like these when I enjoy being 5' 8" !

Monty

Quick Reply: Fit for tall guys???