Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wind Noise

Old 10-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Noise

Anyone else get any minor wind-noise on the Pass-Side? If so, where was it?

Trying to find it (door, window, top, bottom), before I take it in and let them put their clumsy paws on it. Tried the open flame trick, not a flicker. And, the sound seems to be comming from the fore, bottom window corner (from the window itself, or the door-seam I don't know) but not *certain* thats the area.

Really distracting when I turn down the radio to hear the growl.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:11 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I had some thing similar a little while ago. I just rolled down the passenger window, and rolled it back up again and the problem was fixed.

Old 10-09-2003, 10:23 PM

I have a wind noise problem with the driver side window. Having owned frameless windowed coupes in the past, I know that the door itself needs to be adjusted. My door creaks on turns and on simple uneven dips evidence that the door (due to its weight) has slipped alignment causing the wind noise. My dealership has arranged to have this problem corrrected this Saturday

6-speed Sapphire Blue

Old 10-11-2003, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by sfxfire
I have a wind noise problem with the driver side window. Having owned frameless windowed coupes in the past, I know that the door itself needs to be adjusted. My door creaks on turns and on simple uneven dips evidence that the door (due to its weight) has slipped alignment causing the wind noise. My dealership has arranged to have this problem corrrected this Saturday

6-speed Sapphire Blue
I'm having the same problem, in fact I noticed it on my test drive before I bought it. While finalizing the deal over the phone, I asked the sales guy to have the shop take a look at it before I picked it up. He lied and said they couldn't find anything, but if after driving it for a while I still noticed it bring it back in and they'd replace the seals. Sounds like that might not be the problem.

Old 10-13-2003, 10:09 PM

Okay, follow-up.

Took an 800 mile round trip to actually be bored enough on the road to really track it down:

Pass' Window, Front Vertical Edge Interior, Right at the top. (Last finger-tip width below where the top of the 4' of straight-Vertical rubber seal meets the angle of the uppward sweep.) Tiny buckle/buldge in the seal. Shouldn't be too big a deal, now that I know where it is.

Old 10-14-2003, 04:04 PM

have the same problem on the passenger side. let me know how you resolve the problem. like krusty, the dealer said they couldnt hear it.

Old 10-16-2003, 02:35 AM
Forum Regular

I'm never too sure what acceptable wind noise is so I'm not certain if I have the similar situation. I have rather sensitive hearing which makes things worse.

I do hear that sound is coming in over 50mph from the door's edge, something I don't necessarily mind in terms of safety being able to hear a car in my blind spot.

I do hear a soft high pitch tone when the engine is running though.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:05 PM

Okay. Took it in.

They did an adjustment on both windows, not just the passenger. They realigned the driver's while they were at it, and without my prompting. Score one for them.

But, the real cause of the noise is the vertical window molding (that little four incher). Ordered a replacement. So, still getting the noise, somewhat lessened for meantime. But, I really had taken it in for the 1st to Neutral issue (see the other thread).

Old 10-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Default Technical Service Bulletin on the Crossfire

I took my X-fire in for service today. Felt it wasn't shifting correctly, got my 1st oil change and complained about wind noise so that they would adjust the windows.
Here are the responses:
1. "The transmission is fine. It is an electronically controlled transmission that "learns" from your driving. If you drive it hard it will shift at a higher RPM. Try driving it easy for a week or so and see if the shifting gets better".
2. Oil change was $75. Priced the oil myself at Advance Auto Parts $4.86/qt. At that price an oil change would be around $45-$50 if I did it myself. I'll just pay the dealer to do it.
3. Wind noise - They repositioned the outside mirrors to decrease windnoise. They stated there was a service bulletin put out on it. Thought I'd let you all know.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Default Correction to last post

They did not reposition the mirrors. The TSB had them do something with the window guides. Sorry for the confusion, the attendant that called me from the shop told me that they repositioned the mirrors. He mis-read the paperwork because the work order stated that the window guides were adjusted and that the remaining noise was "turbulence of the wind going over the mirrors". Either way most of the wind noise has been diminished and I'm very happy with that.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Forum Regular

That sounds good. I was about to ask you how they repositioned the mirrors.

Old 10-31-2003, 11:44 AM
mls

Had the same problem with the wind noise and the passenger door was not closing properly. They fixed the weather seals and now the noise is gone and the door closes properly.