Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire impressions....

Old 09-28-2003, 08:17 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Crossfire impressions....

After driving the Crossfire for two days, here are my thoughts so far. The car definitely is faster than I thought it would be, plenty fast for me. It handles as well as everyone says, but its been raining near me lately so I didnt really want to push it. The car looks amazing, and everyone loves it.

There is one thing I'm suprised I haven't seen mentioned. For those with the six-speed... the steering wheel completely blocks my view of the tach from 3000 RPM to well into the redline. I have tried moving the seat and the extending the steering wheel but nothing helps. I have a perfect view of the fuel gauge and engine temp though, which seems backwards to me. Not a big deal because I can already shift pretty well by sound, but when I have the radio up it is annoying. Im sure I will adapt, and it will be fine, but it seems kind of silly for this problem to even exist.

Other than that, the only thing that is a little annoying is the illumination of the center console is a little dim at night.

I love the car, I can't seem to get any work done this weekend because I keep going and driving it around. Already put over 200 miles on it.

Old 09-28-2003, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear that after setting up this forum and all your patient waiting that YOU LOVE IT. [ Imagine if you handn,t ?] I hope I will feel the same way when we finally get ours in the UK, 6 weeks to go.

Congratulations and happy driving.

Old 09-29-2003, 01:04 AM

Congrats. Now you know what some of us have been raving about for months :lol: I've got over 2500 miles on mine & it's still exciting to fire it up and go cruising. Going to enter it in the Mopars at Edlebrock event in Torrance, CA this coming Sat. Looking forward to showing it off. Have fun but be careful. It gets to dangerous speeds in a hurry :twisted:

Old 09-29-2003, 07:25 AM

Glad to hear that you are finally able to see in person what everyone is talking about. I have 3300 miles on mine already (just got 1st oil change) and still love to drive it

Old 10-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mightyjlr - the only way I can block the tach as you mention is to lean to the right about 8 inches. Otherwise, I have a clear shot with each eye.

Old 10-01-2003, 09:17 AM
imported_mightyjlr

hmmm... how tall are you? I am 6' 1". It's weird because I don't feel centered in the seat or something because I have a much better view of the instruments on the left, then on the right.

Old 10-01-2003, 09:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sneak in at only 5' 6". But, I tried moving around as if I were taller and always had a clear view of the gauges. Some of the outside warning lights are obscured by the wheel and/or my hands. I feel completely centered with the instrument cluster when I'm seated. Are you a leaner?? :?

Old 10-02-2003, 11:52 AM

Glad you enjoy your new Crossfire! I've had mine since July and have driven 1500 miles.
Will enter the Crossfire in a car show this weekend along with a Mustang. Sure to get lots of comments on the xfire at the show.
Dennis - Arkansas - Blk Six Speed.

Old 10-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'2" and see the tach fine! You must be leaning when you drive!If your centered in the seat the gauges should be centered in the steering wheel opening! Good luck with your car! :lol: