Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

AMGskirtsStartechfront-1.jpg
The list
1. Borican
2. bhays
3. MAYAman:AMG skirts ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Squirrel crusher
5. InfernoRedXfire
6. Psuperti
7. boricua1
8. jonnyangel
9. Bigkid
10. oledoc2u
11. broker2222 (paid $155.00)
12. cwsrt6- test fitter
13. RCcompact
14. FP

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 11-13-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Do the side skirts extend beyond the side wall of the tires? I mean if you're looking at the car from behind, can you see the side skirts sticking out (like running boards)? Or would it take spacers on the rear wheels to hide them?
Do they actually perform any function other than make the car look lower and "Thicker" than it already is?
I thought they were originally designed to make the car more aerodynamic when used in conjuction with a very low front "air dam".

Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jonny what's the status, are we going with Italias plan? If not I have another option using CWSRT6's people they already have the AMG skirts and will be $350 with guaranteed Price, plus shipping.
Here is how it works: They are a large shop and very reputable do to bussiness with also a superior product. Start cost is a total of $2500 devided by 15 equals $168 each to start balance due before shipping out.Plus S&H of the buyers shipping area varies $60-$70 bucks they handle everything.Delivery and time needed to make 4-6 weeks.
Please contact CWSRT6 for more details pm or my email cliffsw@yahoo.com.
So let's pick a vendor and move this forward.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Will these mount OVER or REPLACE the factory? How will they mount?

MikeR

Old 11-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, good progress.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

r we there yet????

Old 11-12-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
Will these mount OVER or REPLACE the factory? How will they mount?

MikeR
Mike what are you thinking you want in?

Old 11-12-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Do the side skirts extend beyond the side wall of the tires? I mean if you're looking at the car from behind, can you see the side skirts sticking out (like running boards)? Or would it take spacers on the rear wheels to hide them?
Do they actually perform any function other than make the car look lower and "Thicker" than it already is?
I thought they were originally designed to make the car more aerodynamic when used in conjuction with a very low front "air dam".
One step at a time, first the skirts, then the possible lip or black series bumper (for those that dont want to just purchase the SRT bumper), then the rear black series style air diffusers. THESE will not look like running boards, from my understanding they will tuck just as far in as our OE side skirts, just give them a little flare. We can choose to make these lower if we like. This is all going to be dependent on fittment. Once we decide as a group once we have seen fittment, the mold can be made and we sit and wait for them in the mail. Regadless this is going to take $2,550.00 to get off the ground, that is why the deposit is 170.00 instead of the orginal $50, because we decided on taking a new route and not going with import shark.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait so it went from $50 $150 to $170 deposit? Just so I'm clear its at $170 for the deposit and the total without shipping will be $350? Or did the $350 go up accordingly with the deposit? Just trying to make it clear because they're are a lot of numbers being thrown around right now.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba89
wait so it went from $50 $150 to $170 deposit? Just so I'm clear its at $170 for the deposit and the total without shipping will be $350? Or did the $350 go up accordingly with the deposit? Just trying to make it clear because they're are a lot of numbers being thrown around right now.
sorry bubba yes the $170 will go towards the $350 your total will be $180 + shipping once it is all said and done.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 11-13-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:02 PM

Jonny,
I was thinking I really like the AMG skirts. But they would have to be a replacement and the jack points would have to still be functional. I dont want to have flimsy skirts that I have to dodge to jack up the car. I also havent seen it with the SRT front lip. Does that Startech hang down lower. The skirts would have to look like the belong with the SRT front. A little lower is okay. Just wouldnt want them hang way down and look dorky. The price is good and if the look good with the SRT front and the jack points are good. I could be convinced to join in.

MikeR

Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Jonny,
I was thinking I really like the AMG skirts. But they would have to be a replacement and the jack points would have to still be functional. I dont want to have flimsy skirts that I have to dodge to jack up the car. I also havent seen it with the SRT front lip. Does that Startech hang down lower. The skirts would have to look like the belong with the SRT front. A little lower is okay. Just wouldnt want them hang way down and look dorky. The price is good and if the look good with the SRT front and the jack points are good. I could be convinced to join in.

MikeR
sounds good Mike yeah the jack points are diffinatly an issue that needs to be addressed good point.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Jonny,

MikeR
The Startech lip I have on my car is no lower than the SRT lip, its an illusion that its lower because of the sharp angle on the corners. Where as the SRT lip is a more gradual angle. But from what I could see when I installed I think its the same. It may be a quarter inch lower than the limited bumper corners though.

I don't want the skirts to hang low either, I just want them to be even with the Startech/SRT front lip.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:12 AM

Thanks, that is very good to hear Mayaman.

MikeR

Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

We need

A. Where to send the money and how much

B. Are they going to be overlays or replacement. I'm fine with over lay as long as when I'm getting out of the car and hit them with my heel they don't make that annoying hollow fiberglass sound!!!!!!

C. time table, delivery and total cost.

must do this ASAP guys. clear all this up.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:52 AM

why is this so confusing...overlays rt? you need 170 now 180+ shipping when they are done...is this correct?....'cause I need to talk to my painter...he really doesn't like to install these things, but will if they fit they way we are being told they will fit..so once fitment is done, we need photos, close-ups, of the actual install...I'm still in, by like I stated earlier reps are on the line on this one...please confirm the price and payment procedure for me, thanks...good work to all for clearing everything else up...

Old 11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hate to complicate this further, any chance they can be painted?

I'll be sending you a paypal.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by FP
Hate to complicate this further, any chance they can be painted?

I'll be sending you a paypal.
FP I talked with my painter about having sets sent to me and then having multiple sets paint at a discounted price. He said it would not be a problem if the car is new enough it will match perfectly like all our pillars do. If the car is faded slightly he said it should be so close u won't notice. Most of our cars are less then 5 years old so this is an option. I didn't want to complicate things more and post this. But it would be cheaper those who want them painted to have them all shipped to us and then shipped out from our shop. The more there are to paint cheaper the price I can see them being painted for $250- $300 if we have enough of them. Remember this is lesonal/sikkens paint and it matches the Mercedes paint perfect not cheap paint by any means. The quality of the paint is better then the Mercedes paint, those in the group buy who have our pillars can tell you first hand the is spot on perfect.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 11-13-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you get some pricing on this? I would want black too.

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
FP I talked with my pained about have sets sent to me and then having multiple sets paint at a discounted price. He said it would not be a problem if the car is new enough it will match perectly like all our pillars do. If the car is faded slightly he said it should be so close u won't notice. Most of our cars are less then 5 years old so this is an option. I didn't want to complicate things more and post this. But it would be cheaper those who want them painted to have them all shipped to us and then sniped out from our shop. The more the cheaper the price

Old 11-13-2008, 03:00 PM

well, I have a painter, but I am open to this since mine is black too....but I will send you 170 for now...to add to this post...pm'd you Jon...money sent

Last edited by oledoc2u; 11-13-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire