Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Just a thought guys but you could probably get more accomplished if you stopped communicating via this thread and held a conference call. Setting up a “Go To Meeting” type call is easy and cheap and all of you guys could have an open discussion on what you need to do collectively.

Just a though from an “outsider”.
BLFKIN has the right idea. Getting everyone togetehr at the same time is crucial to working things out. Here are a couple free conferencing services.

Free Conference Call, Phone Conferencing, Teleconferences - FreeConferenceCall.com

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/t/gg/fr...m/g2msem3.tmpl

GoToMeeting is only free for 30days, but I believe freeconferencecall.com is free always...just saying

Old 06-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a good idea. It would just be a bitchin session and everyone would talk over each other. Each affected person has a different agenda and that complicates the entire situation. The POLL was established to find out who wanted a refund and who wanted to wait. Well 18 want a refund and JRI neglected to address the majority response regarding this unfortunate situation. The majority wanted a refund....IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED not ignored. Five decided to wait and see. And they have been waiting and not seeing. The fact that SOME where given refunds and other were not does not help JRI's credibility. Why were some chosen to get partial refunds and others where not chosen. The only "PM" I received was for my shipping address. Jonny and Rudy are both good guys. No one is denying that point. They're both in a bad situation. Would it have made a difference if they advised each buyer personally of the situation without having been prodded by constant "post" wondering what was going on with the side skirts. Possibly but neither made that attempt. That's the point.
AND BUBBA89 you cant speak for another person regarding their respective NEEDS. It may not be a significate amount of money to you but it could be to someone else. Time and space have been given and the results are still the same. P.S. July is less than 3 weeks away BUBB89. It's the time and space that cost those wanting a complete refund to get no help from PayPal. Payment was remitted in January. What's the use. Jonny and Rudy good luck. Tough break guys. I think you could/should have handled this better.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM

There are so many things I would like to say but I shouldnt.

The reason I did not get in this group buy is because I could not AFFORD to loose the money. One and only reason.

Also not to change topic but this same thing happened to my old buddies in the Z3 Mcoupe forums and they are not yelling at the person who started the group buy. The one who put it together, here is the link if you want a good read on what happened to them. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1126639

Basically the guy who started the group buy is out of alot of money as well. But they are not trying to hurt his business rep!
Oh and the guys excuse that was making the parts is that they burned up in a shop fire!

Last edited by Bmws52; 06-09-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 PM

Hey ICHON...The money is actually a very significant amount for me. I'm a 20 yr old college kid. I make just enough money during my school semesters to pay off my car bills. I only can save a little bit at a time and it takes me a while to save enough to get the expensive mods for our cars. And on top of that I've just lately been ripped for $600 by one of our kind forum buddies who sold me some bum pulleys. So if I total it up thats over $1000 of money spent for absolutely no gain of my own. Thats most of my savings I had left for the car, so yes it was a signifigant amount. You still don't see me demanding that I get an immediate refund. I didn't mean to push anyone's buttons in my previous post, it was not my intention, but what I meant to get across is that there is no money to be had for us right now(besides the shipping refund), so there really is no reason to keep asking for it and bugging the guys for it. They obviously just don't have it but they are working as hard as they can to get our refunds together. And as for the shipping refund... they answered that a few posts above. I'm hoping just as much as everyone that we get our full refunds asap but at the same time I know pressuring those two is not going to have any positive effect. This whole thing was one bigass mess and unfortunetly it seems like it not only affected those immediately in the group buy but the crossfireforum community as a whole. I just hope this doesnt scare people away from making new and interesting mods for our cars in the future. Done.
Brandon

Old 06-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I have watched this project with interest from the beginning and gradually I got the impression that it was going sour. I think that the money was paid out too soon to the manufacturer of the skirts, a skirt should have been made solely for approval and no more than 30% of the total monies paid for that sample, the balance should have been paid on receipt of the final parts if they were acceptable. No one running a sound business would do anything so risky, as this leaves the only way to get such money back is through litigation and that is often more expensive that the money lost. The way this was run the only people at risk were the twenty odd members in the group buy, the makers of the skirts are the ones who should have taken the risk, as it is they are in and out and clear of blame.
Too much trust was put on a person who it appears did not warrant it from previous experiences, this error is solely the responsibility of those who made that the decision to pay up front. Monies that were meant for this project, shipping costs, were even paid into a private bank account, this is a bad practice for a company. Not having sufficient funds to pay back money paid out in bad faith suggests that the company is run on a shoestring budget and was not able to carry the responsibility of such a project. A company that cannot find $11,000 is a company in name only.
I am possibly going to get some flack from this post but I think some people have been too kind and forgiving, and with some people needing the money back more than others it is a sad affair.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

I emailed Dan and he said he has ZERO RESPONSIBILITY AND THAT HE ISN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. So I guess thats that.

Seriously how the **** could this get so fukcd up? Holy **** *****.

I have a really bad feeling that I flushed over $400 down the damn toilet. I think the shipping company needs to communicate more with JRI, or the manufacturer who made this garbage needs to come on this forum and get some wrath.

Either way this is just making me grind my F'ing teeth. Dan is really smug in his F'ing emails to. He knows he screwed everybody and then offers to sell you some skirts even though you already paid for skirts and says well JRI should give you skirts.

Gawd!

Old 06-12-2009, 04:33 PM

JRI please advise where we stand with refunds.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by parawxman
JRI please advise where we stand with refunds.
same spot we were 5 days ago... Waiting to hear back from the shipping company.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
same spot we were 5 days ago... Waiting to hear back from the shipping company.
What about refunding the shipping cost?

fingers tapping...

Old 06-12-2009, 07:19 PM

Convenient that his crappy website logo happened to go over the spot where the skirt fits the worst??

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
What about refunding the shipping cost?
have the funds out of paypal and my account, writing checks....

ANYONE CATCH THIS? MAN I HAVEN'T WANTED TO WISH HARM ON SOMEONE SO MUCH if there really is a god I hope Dan gets whats coming to him

YouTube - Sexy Crossfire # 2

there goes the no ebay policy again. The guy has yet to keep his word about anything.

Chrysler Crossfire ///AMG style sideskirt AERO BLUE !:eBay Motors (item 250439065256 end time Jun-13-09 10:34:28 PDT)

MY FAVORITE PROFILE >>>>http://www.youtube.com/user/1penn1

Chrysler Crossfire Accessories to enhance the look of your Crossfire. We custom make body kit/side skirts, carbon fiber fender trims, vented look fender grills, replacement emblems, factory color matched eyebrows, fog light covers, cup holder covers, engine plate w/personal VIN number, center cap wheel emblems, and more. Even your own creative designs, we can make it for you!
Never allow yourself to feel small; BECAUSE THROUGH THE INTERNET U CAN BECOME WHOEVER YOU WANT AND GET AWAY WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT
you can accomplish so much-- WHEN YOU STEAL FROM PEOPLE
you can have it all. FAKE A NAME AND THEY WILL JUST SEND IT
I can see the beautiful spark
you harbor deep inside;
I can see the light in your eyes.
Just smile, and let the stars be your guide.
Cast a wish upon them,
and they'll sparkle bright for you.
And soon the hope you hold within
will again shine through`

IM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 06-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We ALL share in your anger jonny.

Question:

Is there ANY WAY that JRI could (1.) take a set of the skirts, (2.) make the necessary mods to them to correct the defects, (3.) use the skirts as a mold and (4.) make new skirts that are direct replacements and finally (5.) fulfill the group buy?

If it's possible, of course you'll loose money on the group buy, but you'll more than make it up with sales on the back end.

Just a thought.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Forum Regular

Now that's thinking outside the box. Just make 'em with glass cloth instead of the chopped &sprayed on fiberglass. I like your idea a lot. But I'm sure by now Johnny's blood pressure goes through the roof when ever he thinks about side skirts now.

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
We ALL share in your anger jonny.

Question:

Is there ANY WAY that JRI could (1.) take a set of the skirts, (2.) make the necessary mods to them to correct the defects, (3.) use the skirts as a mold and (4.) make new skirts that are direct replacements and finally (5.) fulfill the group buy?

If it's possible, of course you'll loose money on the group buy, but you'll more than make it up with sales on the back end.

Just a thought.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

It's been a week since oledoc2u (Bill) has been logged in here or at CICCI
Has he gone hunting down his sideskirts or possibly looking for someone out west ? ?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:58 AM

Here is an email conversation between me and "Dan" "Cliff"

Listen Dan, you misrepresented yourself to the forum as “Cliff” which in and of itself is not only unethical but also opens you up to legal action. You may not think so but a couple of the burned group buy members are attorneys and they are screaming mad at you and have gotten the ball rolling on legal action. To them this is personal.

Also, it seems that you cherry picked the undamaged skirts and sent JRI the damaged ones as almost 100% of the skirts they got were unusable. What you’re doing, is unethical, underhanded, and in some cases illegal. You manipulated an entire board for your own personal gain as revenge for the fact that you were banned from selling your wares.

I am asking you as a man to make it so people can receive undamaged product from JRI, I know they are your competitors and you would like to see them go under, this is plain to see. Be a man and do what is right.

Hope you come to your senses on this, because this in the long run can only turn out badly for you.
Take care

Mr. Fxmaster
My name is Daniel Clifford Root I live here in Calif. all my life. EVEN THE CAR is the same in my SRT6dan posts DUH !
No cherry picking by me or others. I never touched them.
No revenge on the board either.
JR raised price to members I sold for less after first 25 price to him was $270 a set. I just thought I could help members.
Any real man questions just call me and ask 805-341-1241.

I thought the bolded part was interesting. Seriously, can you get scummier.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:48 PM

JR, I paid 525 USD for the skirts incl shipping. Is it correct what Dan said that you got the skirts from him for 270 USD? Just for clarification.......

Old 06-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fischi
JR, I paid 525 USD for the skirts incl shipping. Is it correct what Dan said that you got the skirts from him for 270 USD? Just for clarification.......
Dan's price across the board was not $270 no matter what he tells you.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:28 PM

Yeah Dan uis lying dude, he's proven to be a total scumbag liar.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Cool Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

The games appear to go beyond his car dealings. If you google his phone number you find that he is advertising as a contractor. BUT the license number he puts in his advertising is for someone else. Another alias (?), a scam in the construction industry or an attempt to hide ?

Google his phone number then check out the CSLB (Contractors State Licensing Board) with the license number he has listed. It's hard to hide from the internet!

Old 06-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Anything new yet? shipping company? anything?? Please..

Old 06-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

This will be my last post in this thread until it it is resolved and everyone receives their refund. I know people want their refund and I know people want answers and they want both yesterday but everyone has beat this death. Posting in this thread or sending PMs asking me questions I do not have answers for only stirs the pot and makes everyone more angry about this. I'm not trying to avoid this people but I'm sick of not being able to give you the response you all want. When I can, I will.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire