Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Originally Posted by danteglzsrt6
What size and where did u get those rims they r awesome!!! How much did u drop it?
It looks photoshopped a little at the rear of shirt....anyways what front bumper is that.?

AMGskirtsStartechfront-1.jpg

Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ///SilverSaphRT6
It looks photoshopped a little at the rear of shirt....anyways what front bumper is that.?
I think it's just a lower molding from Startech.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

That is not my car, its my photoshop. That front lower spoiler is from startech, they don't make it any more. Here is my car along with the Startech front and rear spoiler.

2008_04250012.jpg

2008_04250017.jpg

Thread has be jacked. LOL

Old 06-08-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks for u guy help... So u didn't photoshop those rims in?? That photoshop looks great...so does anyone know where I can find these rims? All the help is appreciate it

Old 06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman

It's too bad the group buy went so bad because I was planning to propose that JRI work up a group buy for that spoiler.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Can we keep this thread on track with posts only related to the subject title? Thanks.

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
It's too bad the group buy went so bad because I was planning to propose that JRI work up a group buy for that spoiler.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:30 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danteglzsrt6
Thanks for u guy help... So u didn't photoshop those rims in?? That photoshop looks great...so does anyone know where I can find these rims? All the help is appreciate it
Unhijacking by answering the question...... They are Petrol Octane....see link for all the answers before the questions are asked....

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ol-octane.html

Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by parawxman
Can we keep this thread on track with posts only related to the subject title? Thanks.
What more are you expecting to be discussed? The thread was set up to start a group buy. The group buy is basically over as it has become a legal issue which will not be discussed on a public forum.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Maybe talk about updates for THIS group buy, or did I miss something and everything all is resolved? Guess it is time for me to review all these pages again.

Anyone ever wonder why the search function becomes so fruitless...it is the 200 pages of BS to find the one page relevent to the thread...

Seemed like a simple enough request. How absurd of me, sorry. Let's talk about the weather now.

You are correct, much better. Just one big thread for the forum to discuss everything.

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
What more are you expecting to be discussed? The thread was set up to start a group buy. The group buy is basically over as it has become a legal issue which will not be discussed on a public forum.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by parawxman
Maybe talk about updates for THIS group buy, or did I miss something and everything all is resolved? Guess it is time for me to review all these pages again.

Anyone ever wonder why the search function becomes so fruitless...it is the 200 pages of BS to find the one page relevent to the thread...

Seemed like a simple enough request. How absurd of me, sorry. Let's talk about the weather now.

You are correct, much better. Just one big thread for the forum to discuss everything.
No problem. Let me save you some reading time by telling you that the group buy is dead. If anyone has an idea for a new way to make the skirts, they should start a new thread. The skirts are pretty much a sour subject in this thread now. But if you are still interested in reading what happened, get a big bucket of popcorn and a large drink of your choice.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 06-08-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If we went with origional Mercedes side skirts,what model and years favored our group buy failure the most? I keep hearing that they would need to be modified to fit,but no one has ever said how involved this mod would be. Squirrel Crusher

Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
Everyone will have their shipping charges refunded this week. We will go over the list and make sure everyone get the amount they paid for shipping.

So I never received my shipping money last week, did anyone else get the shipping money refunded?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM

No, I havent received my refund either. I am so tired of this crap. JR Industries needs to step up and do the right thing. 18 people requested a refund (dont believe me READ their own poll above) and 0 people have received it. And I thought the other guy was bad. Not good you guys (JRI). Not good at all. It's bad enough to be drug threw the mud but dont disrespect your customers too. Regardless of the issue you face with Root your credibility is wanning fast. And that's your fault. I am a dedicated JRI customer and cant believe your current behavior. Customer satisfaction and integrity separated JRI from many other companies/suppliers. But your handling of this issue has blurred the distinction between good and bad suppliers. And it seems you dont care what is said about it. Is JRI becoming the exact entity that they/we despise? Only JRI can answer that question and you know, they havent stepped up to answer yet.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:35 PM

I think some of you guys are being a little unreasonable. What exactly do you expect these guys to do? They don't have the money to refund us, or even 18 of us. They just don't. They're not a huge company that can deal with losses like that. They're just one of us. I completely understand wanting your money back but none of us NEED it back. If we needed it we wouldn't have purchased the skirts with the intention of spending even more money to get them installed/painted. I do think this could have been dealt with in a smoother fashion but we gotta give these guys some more time and some space so they can properly deal with the situation. They can't focus they're attention on what needs to be done if they have to constantly explain themselves on this thread. They've been hassled for the past 5 or so months just give them a break. They're tied up in legal workings to get our money back and even if all that doesn't go through I trust them to make good on the refunds. I think you guys that are demanding immediate refunds should try to put this in perspective. Its $465 for each one of us but its 11k for them. Its just crazy to expect them to come up with that kinda cash to refund all of us. Just give them some more time and try to put this thread in the back of your mind. Come July and no refunds... I'll be a little worried but I think the shock of all this is still setting in so lets just take a step back if we can.
Brandon

Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Forum Regular

Hey, I have little access to internet and cant read thru 9 new pages every time i get on. JRI, I need a update PM... When do i get my money back? This is getting ridiculous.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bubba89
I think some of you guys are being a little unreasonable. What exactly do you expect these guys to do? They don't have the money to refund us, or even 18 of us. They just don't. They're not a huge company that can deal with losses like that. They're just one of us. I completely understand wanting your money back but none of us NEED it back. If we needed it we wouldn't have purchased the skirts with the intention of spending even more money to get them installed/painted. I do think this could have been dealt with in a smoother fashion but we gotta give these guys some more time and some space so they can properly deal with the situation. They can't focus they're attention on what needs to be done if they have to constantly explain themselves on this thread. They've been hassled for the past 5 or so months just give them a break. They're tied up in legal workings to get our money back and even if all that doesn't go through I trust them to make good on the refunds. I think you guys that are demanding immediate refunds should try to put this in perspective. Its $465 for each one of us but its 11k for them. Its just crazy to expect them to come up with that kinda cash to refund all of us. Just give them some more time and try to put this thread in the back of your mind. Come July and no refunds... I'll be a little worried but I think the shock of all this is still setting in so lets just take a step back if we can.
Brandon
You are correct, Its coming from all angles there is nothing we can do. I started giving refunds out of my own pocket only to realize once we received the product that it blew up in our face because we couldn't do it for everyone. Once again we do not have the money nor do we have your money I don't know how else to put it time and time again. There is nothing we can do but wait sooner or later it will come from somewhere. Whether it be Dan, Duraflex or the shipping company someone is going to have to take responsibility sooner or later, for a $shitty product, $hitty shipping and or fraud. Why should this get put all on us? I get that hind sight is always 20 20 but lets just say we didn't royally get screwed lets pretend for a moment that we received the skirts just like we did. WE WOULD BE IN THE SAME BOAT going after the shipping company and or duraflex for crappy packaging, broken product and a down right $shitty product. Fitment issues aside these things are junk 100%. 98% are cracking or have cracking issues. 10% of the skirt were sprayed too thinly with fiberglass, 2% have tabs that could help with fitment, 95% stick out a 1/4 inch too far on the back panel. EVERYONE WE INSTALLED (cracked set so we didn't ruin good sets) Cracked from where the tabs were supposed to get pushed in. When I did the right up for the install all was mediocre at best BUT THERE IS NO CONSISTENCY WITH THESE SKIRTS WHEN WE TRIED TO INSTALL A SET FOR DAVE (srt6-man). THEY LOOKED TERRIBLE NO MATTER HOW MANY SETS WE TIRED OR WHAT WE DID TO THEM. Is there a set or 2 that you could possibly make work or pay to make work? Sure why not lets go spend another $1000 to have these fitted and painted right? I don't know what else to say besides we are in a stale mate we can not ship out any sets regardless of condition because of the claim with the shipping company, we can not give refunds because we do not know where the money is coming from, we can not give any details on what is going on because we ourselves have no clue what is going on . Brett is taking care of it like he said So we all sit and wait. Its like some of you forget WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT we paid our money for our sets just like the rest of you to make the 25 count, and we paid in full $350 a set for 30 sets. As far as ruining our reputations yes, Frankly, JRI is probably going to be finished. Maybe a pillar pod here and there but custom work forget it, it went from a hobby to an opportunity to getting screwed its no longer fun for any of the parties involved. The sleepless nights, the not being able to focus at work, the not wanting to check my email to have to deal with this, the not wanting to come on to the forum to read any new post, THE NOT BEING ABLE TO SPEND OUR OWN HARD EARNED MONEY FOR FEAR OF US (IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT) PITCHING IN WHATEVER WE CAN COME UP WITH TO TRY AND MAKE THIS AT LEAST SOMEWHAT RIGHT, it sucks I wish you knew half as much as how it feels to have 11k hang over your head that you cant pay back for something that you got involved in and screwed out of. This wasn't an adventure to make us rich, this wasn't an adventure to put us on the map. It was an opportunity to create something for the forum that everyone wanted. Its a $hitty feeling most of you thinking we somewhere are hiding some cost, or that we magically have 11k, ITS ALL ON THE TABLE there is nothing to hide on our end and everything to be hidden on DANS end. Its Bull $hit I am tired of sitting back and hoping someone down the line will do the right thing because that is what you would do if you had the resources to do it. But that is how it goes SO NOW WE WAIT.

End Rant.

As far as refunds go for shipping we have a little more then 3k to disperse between members. Some members have asked for no money, others have offered to wait it out until the storm clears and need nothing ASAP, other are rushing to paypal hoping somehow the money will appear. We will be sending checks out this week and next week. I was in Chicago for part of last week just got back on sat so it didn't happen last week. We are doing it through the mail so no one can come back on here and complain about paypal fees. Again This is all we got, once you have this check you wait like the rest of us for the remainder if we even receive the full amount in a settlement.

MikeR should be doing a write up shortly on the install. I have not talked with him recently but if he was successful I am sure he will share with what was all involved. Those who still want them, you know who you are I get pm's daily, will I assume get them once everything is ironed out.

Again We are sorry, but, you are all the first to know what the hell is going on after us what else can I say.

As far as what I can personally do on our end. I have been kicking around the idea of building pillar pods and gauges for those who want them to offset the cost. I don't quiet know how it would work out seeing as we don't have materials or the money for materials for 30 pillars (minus those who have them) but if anyone has any ideas on how we can start repaying some of our (temporally acquired) debt by doing something for you WE WOULD BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO HEAR IT.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 06-09-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Why was this post made back on May 31 ??
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2-post771.html

Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Because rudy did not know I was stuck going to Chicago for the last half of the week being that most paid on pay pals the money is in my personal checking account not the business account. Rudy does not have access to withdrawl money from my checking account

Old 06-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Because we intended to send out shipping refunds but Jonny was out of town until yesterday.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Just a thought guys but you could probably get more accomplished if you stopped communicating via this thread and held a conference call. Setting up a “Go To Meeting” type call is easy and cheap and all of you guys could have an open discussion on what you need to do collectively.

Just a though from an “outsider”.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire