Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Can we at least get our shipping cost refunded for now since they won't be shipped?

Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No reply from JR Industries on my refund. I'll ask PayPal for it.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Skirt chasers! Looks like Dan's expanding his enterprise to anywhere that's free.

Chrysler Crossfire custom parts

Old 05-30-2009, 09:49 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by spotsbimmer
Hey Skirt chasers! Looks like Dan's expanding his enterprise to anywhere that's free.

THEY LOOK HOT AND ARE EASY TO INSTALL !

Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by spotsbimmer

On Craig's List?

He's really living on the edge.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:14 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't mean to be a jerk here but I am laid off and I would like to know what is going on with the refund. I am not interested in going legal against that spawn of satan dan, he can die in a car wreck for all I care. But I would like my money back. I'm really sorry guys to ask but no product and no money is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:06 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BORICAN
My bad FP. John, that's if you are going to start giving refunds since you haven't received an acceptable product.
I've had a great deal of trust in the guys at JRI, but I have to say I'm disappointed that my question has not been answered by them. I would like to hear directly from JonnyA and Rudy on when we will get a refund. We bought this from them, not from Dan.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry, but I agree with you FP...enough said, I will keep watchin'...but I'm not waiting forever. I found SLK skirts for $250, and that is the way I'm going. Beside, I need to do the cooling mods after the track day this weekend.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is the nitty gritty with what's happening. We'd love to just give everyone a full refund but myself nor Jonny have that kind of money just laying around. We've stated this several times, all the money from the group buy went into having these made. This is not directed toward any members in particular but I have to say I am becoming evermore disappointed in how some members are reacting. We all know everyone is $$$ into these right now. Personally, I'm $$$$'s into these and would gladly trade places with anyone on the group buy. We are all doing what we can to figure this out but everything takes time. I know everyone waited 5 months for these and I can't do anything to fix the fact that these skirts are pieces of ****. Jonny and I have spent countless hours trying to make these work, going at it from every angle, having brackets fabricated, have other brackets fabricated because the first brackets just didn't feel solid enough but we're not even remotely happy to how they "fit". This is all money we are paying out of pocket so you wouldn't have to. We could have just been asholes and sent them out and said, sorry, you deal with but we didn't. We are all in the same boat when it comes to these skirts. I know right now the economy sucks and every penny is important but if everything with the sideskirts was right, you'd have them and not a refund anyways so saying money is tight because you don't have your sideskirts has no real bearing on this situation. And on top of that, this was a group buy, not people buying sideskirts from Rudy and Jonny and then we just disappeared and didn't deliver the product. Everyone knows what is going on. The sideskirts are ****. People know there are risks involved with doing group buys like this and we are doing everything we can to make it so your risks are very low and that you at least get your money back. I'm not trying to throw anything in anyone's face but what would you honestly rather have happen, Jonny and I all but kill ourselves trying to put together everyone's refunds and still not come up with the whole amount or wait it out and let the parties responsible for this pay up for it in full. I know if it's refunds right now and not waiting till all the dust settles, it's us emptying every bank account we have, every group buy member getting an equal dollar amount, Jonny and I will be broke, you the group buy members will be lucky if you received even half your refund and will be on your own and Dan will be smiling all the while he sells these sh!tty sideskirts, that all us group buy members paid to have put together, to unsuspecting people that are new to the Crossfire.

Thank you

Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Sorry, but I agree with you FP...enough said, I will keep watchin'...but I'm not waiting forever. I found SLK skirts for $250, and that is the way I'm going. Beside, I need to do the cooling mods after the track day this weekend.
Just be careful and make sure it isn't this. Interesting, reading the level of their install rating from 1 to 5. Also their 75% non-damage rate in terms of shipping.

http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/Extre...102489/618351/

Last edited by Glockhit; 05-31-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:13 PM

I haven't been able to check in on this drama for several days nor time to read the posts that may or may not answer this question. Every day that goes by is an additional loss of my resources

When will my skirts, picked out of the broken batch be shipped?

I do not want them to be modified prior to shippment.

Thanks

Originally Posted by rcompart
Here is the nitty gritty with what's happening. We'd love to just give everyone a full refund but myself nor Jonny have that kind of money just laying around. We've stated this several times, all the money from the group buy went into having these made. This is not directed toward any members in particular but I have to say I am becoming evermore disappointed in how some members are reacting. We all know everyone is $$$ into these right now. Personally, I'm $$$$'s into these and would gladly trade places with anyone on the group buy. We are all doing what we can to figure this out but everything takes time. I know everyone waited 5 months for these and I can't do anything to fix the fact that these skirts are pieces of ****. Jonny and I have spent countless hours trying to make these work, going at it from every angle, having brackets fabricated, have other brackets fabricated because the first brackets just didn't feel solid enough but we're not even remotely happy to how they "fit". This is all money we are paying out of pocket so you wouldn't have to. We could have just been asholes and sent them out and said, sorry, you deal with but we didn't. We are all in the same boat when it comes to these skirts. I know right now the economy sucks and every penny is important but if everything with the sideskirts was right, you'd have them and not a refund anyways so saying money is tight because you don't have your sideskirts has no real bearing on this situation. And on top of that, this was a group buy, not people buying sideskirts from Rudy and Jonny and then we just disappeared and didn't deliver the product. Everyone knows what is going on. The sideskirts are ****. People know there are risks involved with doing group buys like this and we are doing everything we can to make it so your risks are very low and that you at least get your money back. I'm not trying to throw anything in anyone's face but what would you honestly rather have happen, Jonny and I all but kill ourselves trying to put together everyone's refunds and still not come up with the whole amount or wait it out and let the parties responsible for this pay up for it in full. I know if it's refunds right now and not waiting till all the dust settles, it's us emptying every bank account we have, every group buy member getting an equal dollar amount, Jonny and I will be broke, you the group buy members will be lucky if you received even half your refund and will be on your own and Dan will be smiling all the while he sells these sh!tty sideskirts, that all us group buy members paid to have put together, to unsuspecting people that are new to the Crossfire.

Thank you

Old 05-31-2009, 08:28 PM

you know at this point, I wouldn't buy anything without checking it out...my trust was, if we can't make them as direct replacements, then we won't do it...where did this logic get tossed out? And, more info should have been shared, questions were asked time and time again, with no answers. Like I said, it isn't the money, its the product. I will not install these on my car, and I would rather lose $250 than $460 any day on trying to modify OEM skirts. I felt I was an investor in creating something, not a group buyer of an existing product. This product did not exist, and more info on who was doing this with open communication is what a lot of us thought would happen based on products produced by JRI. Quality was what we were looking for. Not being ripped off by an obvious con man, like Dan. You just don't hand over that kind of money without a prototype. If I lost 25% of my investment for a prototype that wasn't to my satisfaction, then so be it, but not all the money, I am not done with this. And as far as disappointed, $ 11,000.00 for what???? And damage rate, these are damaged, and they will be shipped again, why would I want to risk that???? Modified to fit, ricer kits are modified to fit, I did one on my sons car, and would never put that on mine...better go after Dan, not going to comment any further, I'm too peeved to even go there right now...let me add this, Jonny, Rudy, if you are pursuing something against Dan, I will gladly set back and wait, but this guy isn't getting away this as it stands...and I will leave it at that...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 05-31-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by rcompart

Thank you
I've asked this before and never got an answer. Why can't we at least get our shipping charges refunded for now?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
I've asked this before and never got an answer. Why can't we at least get our shipping charges refunded for now?
Everyone will have their shipping charges refunded this week. We will go over the list and make sure everyone get the amount they paid for shipping.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:37 PM

Can I have this question answered please?

Originally Posted by parawxman
I haven't been able to check in on this drama for several days nor time to read the posts that may or may not answer this question. Every day that goes by is an additional loss of my resources

When will my skirts, picked out of the broken batch be shipped?

I do not want them to be modified prior to shippment.

Thanks

Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by parawxman
Can I have this question answered please?
The skirts are no longer being shipped out. We are dealing with the freight carrier on it but we cannot separate the undamaged ones from the rest of the damaged ones. At this point, I don't have any more information but I will do my best to keep everyone informed and when I know something, I will let everyone know. Please don't take your question not being answered as us trying to avoid it or not wanting to answer it. Everyone has a million questions and I don't yet have all the answers.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:49 PM

Just share the info as you get it Rudy, we know you have to be as peeved as the rest of us...the shipper eating it may be a rescue for some of us...we shall see...

Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I work with freight carriers almost everyday - good luck filing a claim for damaged goods.
99.99% of the time they claim unsatisfactory packaging or packing that does not meet NMFC standards.
I would bet you are going to have to go after the shipper/manufacturer.
Good luck - I hope you get this resolved.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:07 AM

I want to clarify that we are only making our claim against the ones that were damaged. Dan or Extreme Dimensions will be responsible for the remainder of them with both parties probably pointing the finger at the other. We will do everything we can guys.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 AM

Rudy & Jon,

Like I have said in past PMs, there are still some of us behind you. PLEASE DO NOT REFUND ANYTHING TO ME! Until you are whole; I am in this with you. If there is any way I can help please let me know!

For goodness sake some people are acting like they are out their retirement or life's savings! Is five hundred bucks trival? Hell no but it was an investment, it was not a purchase of an existing product! I lost over fifty percent of my life savings since the market crash last year and I can't scream at anyone for it back. This was an investment to make a non-existent product for our cars ~ An investment!

To all of the others on the group buy,

Come on guys this isn't like Rudy and Jon are ripping us off. Do we really want to drive a very reputable company that has gone out of their way and above and beyond for us on different occasions out of existence??? I have said in the past that I would not have invested in anything associated with Dan Wappen, Dan Root, Cliff or whatever he is calling himself. I invested in developing a product for our cars with JRI. It was an investment. We all knew our money was going into the cost of manufacturing the mold and the first run of parts. This is not news to any of us.

JRI is still a reputable company and they along with the other investors got ripped off by someone who back doored us all! bhays has stepped up to help us out, Jon and Rudy are doing everything they can. This is not a good place for any of us to be but not sticking together will only make it worse and could cause a very good company financial disaster. I am not made of money and certainly don't have extra to throw away but I made a decision to invest and with that there are always risks.

MAYAman I truly feel for you and your situation. I have received many calls from friends layed off from the automotive industry over the last few months and have tried to help them. Please PM me or post your occupation / area where you live and let's see if there are any among us who can help or know of an opportunity in your field and area.

That is what a community does, we don't go after part of the community that has been damaged or wronged as well. Regardless of the final outcome here JRI will be damaged by this because of Dan unless we all recognize what is going on and stick together. JRI, or none of our other trusted vendors deserve this.

Please all lets stand together on this and not ruin one of the few vendors that we have who obviously have been taken advantage of as much or more so than us. I don't want to be part of causing the demise of JRI because of Dan Root!

/rant

Jon and Rudy please hang in there and like I have said so many times before you guys rock and we are all in this together ~ let me know if I can help in any way...

Stay safe my friends...

Respectfully,

Paul (MisterTaz)

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire