Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

yeah! What He Said!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen of the group buy:

I had a lengthy conference call with Rudy and John last evening and I am going to be pursuing legal action on their part against the other involved parties. You have my word as a forum member that it does appear that they (JRI) have been very considerably taken advantage of and wronged by the suppliers in this matter. I am pursuing all available options to secure the return of funds to the members of the group buy, including myself and hope to find a resolution that will work out for all parties.

The skirts as supplied are extremely substandard and could probably only be made to work with at least four hours of labor on each side by a skilled body shop guy.

I know this is the last thing anyone wants to hear at this point, but I would appreciate your continued patience as I work to resolve this.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bhays
Ladies and Gentlemen of the group buy:

I had a lengthy conference call with Rudy and John last evening and I am going to be pursuing legal action on their part against the other involved parties. You have my word as a forum member that it does appear that they (JRI) have been very considerably taken advantage of and wronged by the suppliers in this matter. I am pursuing all available options to secure the return of funds to the members of the group buy, including myself and hope to find a resolution that will work out for all parties.

The skirts as supplied are extremely substandard and could probably only be made to work with at least four hours of labor on each side by a skilled body shop guy.

I know this is the last thing anyone wants to hear at this point, but I would appreciate your continued patience as I work to resolve this.
In order for these to look OEM and not like a bad aftermarket add on will definitely cost you an additional $$800.00+. They will need to be painted/adjusted to fit properly and installed by a body shop willing to do that type of work. You are 100% correct. It is not a $200.00 paint job and a weekend bolt on. Unless you are extremely experienced in custom body work. Don't take my word for it. Those of you that have them get an estimate from a good body shop. I don't care what the product is called in terms of flex. It is still fiberglass. Fiberglass isn't a flexible material. It is stiff and brittle with stress points. If forced to fit then at some point it will crack. You can tell from the photo's how it needs to be shaped, stretched and twisted in place.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

So Johnny and company are issuing refunds? They are that bad eh, sucks. How soon before we get our money back? Are we talking about months? Years?

Last edited by MAYAman; 05-29-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Glockhit
In order for these to look OEM and not like a bad aftermarket add on will definitely cost you an additional $$800.00+. They will need to be painted/adjusted to fit properly and installed by a body shop willing to do that type of work. You are 100% correct. It is not a $200.00 paint job and a weekend bolt on. Unless you are extremely experienced in custom body work. Don't take my word for it. Those of you that have them get an estimate from a good body shop. I don't care what the product is called in terms of flex. It is still fiberglass. Fiberglass isn't a flexible material. It is stiff and brittle with stress points. If forced to fit then at some point it will crack. You can tell from the photo's how it needs to be shaped, stretched and twisted in place.
Stretch, twist, melt, heat, what have you it is not what we all ordered. Yesterday I spent roughly 2 hours sanding and glazing Dave's skirts. Filling every pin hole and sanding down every high spot. I went as far as cleaning up the underside of the skirt JUST SO IT WAS PERFECT. We had them all prepped for paint and went to do the test fit. Needless to say with our new bracket and all it was just not going to cut it. After 6 hours of light sanding, trimming and forming, it still wasn't right. I am talking 6 hours for one side NOT INCLUDING PAINT PREP TIME. They only way to make these right are to go above and beyond a replacement fit. I am talking screws and glue (we all remember the 350z thread).

These skirts have become problem after freaking problem, More then half of them are junk as in can not use or shouldn't have to use, the sets that are "good" are a total crap shoot. We tried 3 different driver side skirts yesterday. One of which fit better in the rear with the clips, NONE of which fit decent in front even with our bracket. We just cant do it guys the whole shipment is going back, someone is going to open there wallet up and give our hard earned money back.

In the meantime Dan will be sending out 5 sets to members we have chosen, these are members who have expressed they wanted them will have voices that travel the further est. We would ship out 5 of our own but because there is now an open shipping claim and potential refused shipment we have been advised to not send any out. These members will give there opinions on these skirts so the rest of you don't have to take our word for it. I will be dropping my car off hopefully this weekend with a set to our body shop guy to see what he can do with it. I am giving him free rain to do whatever he has to do within reason. We are going to have him also do a full write up like the 5 members receiving them so we have further evidence, that this is in no way shape or form what we spent our money for.

I am not going to speak for Brett but it sounds like we have a pretty strong case, there is just too much wrong here and no right. You guys have been on board through everything and you know first hand everything that could have gone wrong has.

Originally Posted by MAYAman
So Johnny and company are issuing refunds? They are that bad eh, sucks. How soon before we get our money back? Are we talking about months? Years?
Hopefully we will have more information as it comes, seeing as this will more then likely get solved now that Bretts involved.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 05-29-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 PM

who are the 5 members? Man this sucks, I was so looking forward to my skirts this summer. Now its dead.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Forum Regular

So is it group lawyer fee time?

Or is this being done ProDano, or Cliffo??

Old 05-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as you all know, its a no go on the skirts! I would rather have no-skirts, then some half-*** junk on my car! I told JRI, if it don't look like a million bucks on my car, I don't want it!!! Everyone knows JRI does excellent work, (look at the pillar pods) so if he says no go, I'm sure there junk, and not what we were all paying for! Thanx JRI for trying to make them work. Like I said, NO JUNK ON MY CAR!!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is much different than what was expressed in the write-up you emailed. I do not want a set and want my money back.

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Stretch, twist, melt, heat, what have you it is not what we all ordered. Yesterday I spent roughly 2 hours sanding and glazing Dave's skirts. Filling every pin hole and sanding down every high spot. I went as far as cleaning up the underside of the skirt JUST SO IT WAS PERFECT. We had them all prepped for paint and went to do the test fit. Needless to say with our new bracket and all it was just not going to cut it. After 6 hours of light sanding, trimming and forming, it still wasn't right. I am talking 6 hours for one side NOT INCLUDING PAINT PREP TIME. They only way to make these right are to go above and beyond a replacement fit. I am talking screws and glue (we all remember the 350z thread).

These skirts have become problem after freaking problem, More then half of them are junk as in can not use or shouldn't have to use, the sets that are "good" are a total crap shoot. We tried 3 different driver side skirts yesterday. One of which fit better in the rear with the clips, NONE of which fit decent in front even with our bracket. We just cant do it guys the whole shipment is going back, someone is going to open there wallet up and give our hard earned money back.

In the meantime Dan will be sending out 5 sets to members we have chosen, these are members who have expressed they wanted them will have voices that travel the further est. We would ship out 5 of our own but because there is now an open shipping claim and potential refused shipment we have been advised to not send any out. These members will give there opinions on these skirts so the rest of you don't have to take our word for it. I will be dropping my car off hopefully this weekend with a set to our body shop guy to see what he can do with it. I am giving him free rain to do whatever he has to do within reason. We are going to have him also do a full write up like the 5 members receiving them so we have further evidence, that this is in no way shape or form what we spent our money for.

I am not going to speak for Brett but it sounds like we have a pretty strong case, there is just too much wrong here and no right. You guys have been on board through everything and you know first hand everything that could have gone wrong has.

Hopefully we will have more information as it comes, seeing as this will more then likely get solved now that Bretts involved.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:13 PM

Yeah at this point I would like a refund ASAP. Nice try guys, we tried but unfortunately the hellspawn had to get involved.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
This is much different than what was expressed in the write-up you emailed. I do not want a set and want my money back.
Very true, literally it is a crap shoot with the sets, some work better then other some don't regardless what we did to them. Same can be said for installing on a coup verses a roadster. The bracket we spent money to have made wasn't meant to hold the skirt up in the front it was meant to align it. As far as the install on Daves went 2 of the three skirts were being almost entirely supported by this bracket in the front. This is because of the inconsistency in the cuts from when duraflex decided to hack the tabs off.

MikeR is working with a set this weekend, I just got off the phone with him, he will have the first customer install expirence and will let us know how it goes.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rodimus
So is it group lawyer fee time?

Or is this being done ProDano, or Cliffo??
For right now, I am just doing it to try to help out the forum members. I haven't charged a fee. We will see how nasty this has to get, then cross that bridge when we come to it. Work with me guys, we will get something done here asap.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For right now, I am just doing it to try to help out the forum members. I haven't charged a fee. We will see how nasty this has to get, then cross that bridge when we come to it. Work with me guys, we will get something done here asap.
I'm sure there will be things happening that should not be out on a public forum. Perhaps you can send PM's to members of the group buy to keep us updated?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:27 PM

So no refunds will be going out I take it. At least that is what it sounds like.

Forgive me if I am incorrect.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAYAman
who are the 5 members? Man this sucks, I was so looking forward to my skirts this summer. Now its dead.
Honestly fellas, I don't have the money to pay someone to"Modify" the skirts to make them work. If that was the case I would have bought the ones Reiger skirts for the SLK.

I will just take my refund when possible and order the OEM SRT front bumper. Thanks fellas for trying to make this work.

Now sue the Socks off this chump!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:52 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

OK, this is unclear to me. Are we getting a refund? Yes or NO?

I will not take no for an answer.

Jon and Rudy, please answer this question clearly.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BORICAN
Honestly fellas, I don't have the money to pay someone to"Modify" the skirts to make them work. If that was the case I would have bought the ones Reiger skirts for the SLK.

I will just take my refund when possible and order the OEM SRT front bumper. Thanks fellas for trying to make this work.

Now sue the Socks off this chump!
My bad FP. John, that's if you are going to start giving refunds since you haven't received an acceptable product.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Who are the 5 members???? I only wanted them if You figured out a solution, DO NOT send me and half A$$ed Set.I deff. want my money back! Thats it.. Every post goes a different way, I'm done, Refund please!
Jimmy Skullz= Refund $465.00

Old 05-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks For the Help... We are gonna need it!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like these were made with a chopper gun which produces thicker areas and less consistancy. So no two would be exactly alike. Small parts like this really should be laid up by hand. Hand lay up would have produced thinner but stronger skirts which may have allowed for reproducing all the stock attachents. A good set of these skirts could be used to splash a mold to make some hand layed glass skirts. I really hope you guys are able to get everything resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire