Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Sorry guys the size of the DOC is 52.5 MB we were going to create a link for members and then send out pms, but I have no way to get it to Rudy untill I see him tomorrow. IF anyone can think of a way to send something so large I am all ears. I tried to do it with filesanywhere.com but there max is 10 mb.

I know there is a way to compress stuff with winrar but it still says file size is 58.2 mb even when I make it a zip or rar file??
Looks like your pictures are the problem, should be .jpeg's not bitmaps or similar unless you rewrote "War and Peace' in all the known languages.

PS. As a soap opera this sucks, it has no sex, even though quite a few got screwed real good.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-27-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I converted it to a 2MB pdf and emailed it back to Johnny, he should be able to email it to anyone from here on out.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Please email it to me at the email I gave you as a PDF

thanks

Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't open file- does not surprise me, just another chapter to this twisted story.Jonny PLEASE send me a e-mail of this or someone who can open this pm me and I'll send you my e-mail..

Old 05-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bhays
I'll get down on all fours behind him and you push him over!
Completely off subject, but when I was a kid my brother was sent to walk me home so I would get there safely. He and a friend did this to me, I broke my arm, spent many weeks in a cast over it. Should have walked home by myself-jerks.

OK back to the subject at hand.......................................

Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
Can't open file- does not surprise me, just another chapter to this twisted story.Jonny PLEASE send me a e-mail of this or someone who can open this pm me and I'll send you my e-mail..
I could open it. PM sent.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got the email and the PDF worked perfectly. Doesnt look to bad of an install at all. I know I am at the bottom of the list but I will be patiently wait still.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jon I could not open it until I filled in the new user box, then it worked great. PM sent.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Forum Regular

Got the instructions, now I am waiting on the skirts. lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
im-still-waiting.jpg (57.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

PM sent, I hope it all works well.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by psuperti
PM sent, I hope it all works well.
Dave will let you know how they look by the end of the weekend.

Just ordered $300 in brackets to be made up by friday maybe even tomorrow. We have all the shipping supplys from uline necessary to ship 10 sets as soon as we recieve the brackets. These sets do not require the needed modifications, and will be full insured. Pictures will be taken to document that they are perfect when they leave the shop.

Dan has informed us that he has 10-15 sets on reserve to replace broken sets. These sets will be opened tomorrow to determine which can ship and which can not. In the case they can be shipped they will be shipped asap insured from Cali. with our brackets to follow.

Someone is coming out to see if it was duraflexes falut that these are broken or the shipping company themselves. Once there assestment is done the good sets will go out the door.

Regradless all the sets should and will be covered so the fixing we were going to do may not be required.

Hold tight for more information tomorrow. Sorry for the spelling errors and Iphone post

Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

I am not in the group buy, but would be interested in a copy of the instructions you guys are talking about.

Can someone email them to me if allowed!

James1549(at)current.net.

Thanks.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Hi Johnny, I know your doing the best you can to resolve this issue, thanks. Also, thanks for the detailed instructions, installing them myself should not be a problem. Not sure if any other Canadian has ordered the same. Hopfully I mabey the only Crossfire in Canada to have them. Yahoo..................

Old 05-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
I am not in the group buy, but would be interested in a copy of the instructions you guys are talking about.

Can someone email them to me if allowed!

James1549(at)current.net.

Thanks.
Sorry they are only for group buy members at this time. Not trying to be sour, but you are holding on to a good set that should be headed towards a member who funded this endvor, or had been sent to us for a replacement.

There is just something wrong about someone able to install these before the people who paid to have these made get to install them.

It blows me away people are still buying these from Dan after all said and done 21k views later.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Sorry they are only for group buy members at this time. Not trying to be sour, but you are holding on to a good set that should be headed towards a member who funded this endvor, or had been sent to us for a replacement.

There is just something wrong about someone able to install these before the people who paid to have these made get to install them.

It blows me away people are still buying these from Dan after all said and done 21k views later.
I'm 100% sure that James1549 does not and has not gotten a set of these from anyone.
I know James personally and he has made no mention of this.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
I'm 100% sure that James1549 does not and has not gotten a set of these from anyone.
I know James personally and he has made no mention of this.
Valk, with all due respect, I suspect Jonny misspoke. Never the less, the document needs to stay within those that were in the group buy.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Valk, with all due respect, I suspect Jonny misspoke. Never the less, the document needs to stay within those that were in the group buy.
That is correct I did assume I apologize James. Valk I accidentally sent you a set in my contacts, the brackets cost us just a little under $300. The reason they were so cheap is we ordered 60 30 L and 30 R. They will not be that cheap buying say 20 sets. I would have no problem selling brackets and instructions to help offset the costs for those who do buy from Dan once every GB member is satisfied.

Just so everyone knows we opted out against making all of the brackets for fear of them being nonuniform, and rusting over time. The new bracket is adjustable as well as made out of a coated metal that will not rust. I would post the CAD drawings lol but I have a feeling someone I know would be selling a very similar bracket.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 05-27-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Guys, no problem about the document, I understand. I am anxious to see them on some Crossfires at Woodward before I make a decision. And if I do decide, I will try to get them here first before anywhere else. I think Gary can back me on this, and thanks for taking up for me.

Good luck guys, I hope this really works out for everyone involved. My problem is if I get a pair of side skirts, then an SRT6 front bumper WILL be required! More cash...

James

Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Johnny, I want to make sure the skirts I get already have the bracket and the proper attachments already on it Including any fixes you deem necessary. Basically I want to take them to paint once they are here. Not being a jerk, just its what I was expecting when I placed this order and I don't want any confusion. Thanks again for all your efforts!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Johnny, I want to make sure the skirts I get already have the bracket and the proper attachments already on it Including any fixes you deem necessary. Basically I want to take them to paint once they are here. Not being a jerk, just its what I was expecting when I placed this order and I don't want any confusion. Thanks again for all your efforts!!!
Like I said in the instructions the skirts are as close as they can be for paint, there will me some minor and I mean minor sanding in the door well depending on how **** you want to get. Some trimming in the door crease just for proper alignment where the bottom back half of the door meets its about 1/16th (i would do it myself but every skirt will be different), and there may also be a pin hole or two most of which a painter will probably cover with a thicker primer.

Last but not least I want there to be no misconception about this bracket. NOTHING IS ATTACHING TO THE SKIRT WHAT SO EVER. The skirt attaches to the bracket, there was some confusion early on.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire