Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Dan really messed it up for anyone ever trying to get something together ever again. Like MAYAman said, Get me an undamaged set or my money ASAP! I am realy trying to be cool about all this but reading these post just boils my blood. Anybody defending Dan, please, say no more. It would really suck to get what was meant for Dan, being that you guys seem to be his BFF

Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To make things even worse, Dan is sending out Spam...here's my exchange with him today:

Mr Hayes, or to all JR_Industries customers.
IF JR Industries has your item. Tell them to ship . I cannot explain their actions. They told me they were shipping out to their customers. Last week?
Also s&h should only be $50-60.with insurance. I don't know why you should pay more?

Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 1:36 PM
To: dcxfire@live.com
Subject: Re: AMG Style Custom Side Skirts

Seeing as I am already out $465 for a set of these, I will probably have to take a pass on your generous offer. ----- Original Message -----
To: Penn Root
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 11:24 AM
Subject: AMG Style Custom Side Skirts

Please visit our website to see our AMG Style Custom Side Skirts.

www.crossfireaccessoriesan dmore.com

Thank You,
Crossfire Accessories & More Team

Old 05-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Dan obviously cherry picked the good skirts for his website and sent the damaged ones to JRI or at least it seems this way. Funny how people who weren't in the group buy got them first and in pristine condition. Then he says to tell JRI to ship, the damaged skirts?

Like I said I won't make JRI refund my money if they can get me pristine skirts that are not flexed, won't come off my car, and I won't have to drill. If you can prove these things to me then I will take them. I don't want you guys to take out of pocket any more than I want to lose my money.

But it certainly seems Dan cherry picked the undamaged ones.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you guys tried calling Dan? His phone number is right in his Ebay ads. So what is this guys real name? Cliff? Clifford, Danial? Dan? It is probably Daniel Clifford Root according to ancestry.com He obviously gave JRI all the junk skirts to distribute.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

For those that are going to take their skirts. Here is a concept I am looking at for the front mount. I don't know how thick this needs to be as I have not taken my skirts off to measure or anything else yet. If I had access to a brake this would be very easy to make. Again, this is just a concept that I like for now. Any constructive feedback on this bracket or how to attach it?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 AM

Looks like a great idea. You may want to find out if the skirts are epoxy resin or Polyester resin. I would probably use a compatiable resin and glass the bracket in. I had a brake but sold it. You can pick them up pretty reasonable at Harbor Freight. If these skirts come close to fitting right, it would be that hard to repair any damage and rework them a bit with Mike R's idea. Don even think about painting these until they have been fitted. From the looks of the photos you will also want to sand off all the black primer in the photo's. It doesn't look like they were properly preped prior to primer as you can see the paint flaking in the photos.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Anybody in for a GB on new front bumpers when this settles?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Anybody in for a GB on new front bumpers when this settles?
I would be more interested in a grille.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the response I got when I went to Root's web site and said I would not buy his products based on this thread. It looks like no one who has issues with the side skirts has tried to contact him."You may contact me for any direct questions you may have, and my phone is public I have not had a single call yet! Daniel Clifford Root: 805-341-1241 ( my cell) please call. Also we offer deliver free to US servicemen and women.Thank you,Crossfire Accessories & Morewww.crossfireaccessoriesandmore.com"

Last edited by Bill F; 05-25-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

I don't understand ....has anyone tried to contact him ??
Are any of the numbers provided or found for him in service ??
Certainly someone must have tried to contact him directly

Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill F
This is the response I got when I went to Root's web site and said I would not buy his products based on this thread. It looks like no one who has issues with the side skirts has tried to contact him."You may contact me for any direct questions you may have, and my phone is public I have not had a single call yet! Daniel Clifford Root: 805-341-1241 ( my cell) please call. Also we offer deliver free to US servicemen and women.Thank you,Crossfire Accessories & Morewww.crossfireaccessoriesandmore.com"
Is he saying that Jonny and Rudy have not contacted him?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 PM

Obviously he is lying since JRI has had several emails with him.

SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS DAN TAKING CARE OF THE DAMAGED SKIRTS OR IS JRI? SERIOUSLY. JRI are you going to take care of this or our we on our own. Secondly, I never got an order number, how in the mother lovin F am I supposed to contact Dan and say "Yeah, I'm some guy who bought skirts, I have no proof but send me some" I don't even have a receipt!!!

AGain, I am waiting paitently for JRI to post their video or pics or some sort of solution as to the damaged skirts. Do we have to go to Dan now?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 PM

sorry for the iPhone reply guys we are still here problems have been fixed will shoot private emails of install to everyone on the group buy.

Mike tried that bracket route but came up with a better one... No epoxy needed nothing needs to be changed on the skirt or added for our bracket.

Once you see the pics and install I'm sure quiet a few will change there tune about a refund. Those who are still not happy with the solution will wait with further instruction for a full refund

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 05-25-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:41 PM

OK cool please keep up updated regularly because obviously tension is high. Especially knowing that people paid less, were not part of the group buy, and now getting spam from Dan.

And I think you should round up everything you have and sue the hell out of him. Just my .02

Let us know when I can get undamaged, non warped, skirts.

Also, I emailed Dan yesterday afternoon about making good on the undamaged skirts. He has not responded. So again, he has been contacted.

Last edited by MAYAman; 05-25-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well after 6 months of watching this thread go by I finally read the entire thing. Holy Crap, this is clearly a case of everything that could go wrong went wrong. Obviously fraud was committed from the start otherwise why would someone use a false id/name?!?

This is our very own forum soap opera ... As The Steering Wheel Turns

I feel really bad for everyone who got jacked in this situation. The worst thing is that it could spoil legit group buys in the future. I think everyone on who purchased needs to remember that you have strength in numbers.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Once you see the pics and install I'm sure quiet a few will change there tune about a refund.
So the question is, how many undamaged sets do you have to ship out immediately? I assume you will send those out prioritized by position on the list?

I hope there are at least two. Line forms behind me, MAYAman <grin>... Now I just have to distract Borican and I am set... j/k

The list
1. Borican
2. bhays
3. MAYAman:AMG skirts ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Squirrel crusher
5. InfernoRedXfire
6. Psuperti
7. boricua1
8. jonnyangel
9. Bigkid
10. oledoc2u
11. broker2222 (paid $155.00)
12. cwsrt6- test fitter
13. RCcompact
14. FP

Old 05-25-2009, 04:39 PM

I figured I would post a pic of fitment to ease some of the tension. I know you guys have been feeling a bit neglected as far as pm's and post go hopefully this will show we had not been sitting on our hands all weekend. The picture is the skirts installed on my car using only household tools and supply's, mind you this will require our bracket and 1 AFTERMARKET SCREW. No lift, no jack, no air, just a 10mm and a screw driver. The idea is once these are fitted, you drop them off at the painters, pick them up when they are done, and install them yourself.

Hold tight tonight for the install email/PM, I will also address how many good sets we have and what is going to be done about the others.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That look great! I still want my set...undamaged of course. I trust you will be making any mods necessary to the skirts prior to shipping.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 05-25-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM

I think this would look great on my SRT-8 conversion. Please send me some damaged left-overs.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:45 PM

OK JRI good to hear from you. I have been saying from the beginning that I will take mine if you followed through with undamaged skirts. Also please take note on the list and who started the entire nightmare. LOL

Please be as detailed as possible in your explanation.

Again, I still think you have legal recourse against Dan and think you should own the rights to these.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire