Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Originally Posted by Glockhit
This might make you feel better about a few minor adjustments as described. This could be you. Follow this link to a side skirt install.
YouTube - Import DPS Extreme Modifications Body Kit

Now my next question is how in the hell did these get damaged at the ends like this. When I received mine the ends were triple bubble wrapped. You would almost have to unwrap them and do some drilling, cutting, etc. Take a look at this link. This Extreme Dimensions body part is getting the crap knocked out of it. It still holds up.
YouTube - Duraflex Body Kit Revolutionary Material
Looks like Extreme Dimensions would have been better named Extreme Modifications.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

This is F'ing unbelievable! People that didn't even get in the group buy not only have skirts FIRST BUT ALSO UNDAMAGED ONES!!!!

What the ever lovin F is going on?

Old 05-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This forum has always been a great resource of useful information that myself as a member have been able to use as well as try to help others.
I was one of the earlier members to install a TVT 265+ kit. In fact do you remember Anthony everything that went wrong the day of the install. I ended up finishing this at home. We just found a way to make it work. I never complained or said a negative thing in this forum about that day. Although I bet some people would have.
I would have never known about this upgrade if it wasn’t for the information I received from this forum. Since then I have made many changes to my CF. Most of those changes were done with the information and help from other members.
After reading this thread I realized early on that this was a major undertaking especially with a new prototype. I believe most thought this would be a direct bolt on. You could even get them painted, spend a weekend or afternoon taking the OEM off and putting the custom skirt on. Through the years I have personally installed AM add-ons and customized quite a few exceptional cars I owned. Never once did the aftermarket fit without major or minor adjustments.
It was always trial and error. Fortunately I am not timid. I would find a way to make it
work.
Each was a learning experience on its own. I never ruined or took away from the integrity of the car. In fact I was always, well most always pleased with the results. I should mention when it comes to criticism I am my worst enemy. I’m a perfectionist.

Recently I lost my Father and Sister at the same time. I only mention this, not for sympathy but to say I have changed since that tragedy and look forward to life with a different perspective. I miss them both terribly. This skirt isn’t the worst thing that can happen to a person. In terms of priority it is minor.

I know it is serious to most involved, and I understand that. I believe everything will work out. Those of us who decide to take on the project will probably succeed and be happy with the results. Those of us who decide to get their refund will walk away frustrated but life will go on. Eventually you will forget about it and proceed to the next project.
I apologize for making this so long, but I have sat back and read this thread for a while now without much comment. Too many politics got in the way here. Too many things that should have been made clear early in this project weren’t. Take it for what it’s worth. This is without a doubt the best CF forum around...period. Let’s see what happens after the installs, refunds, etc and move forward after this to what this forum is really about. Constructive, productive, and helpful information for a great car.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have got to be kidding. For those who want refunds you send the skirts back to Dan and he will send the refund! Hmmm- Dan screwed you and you think he is going to send me a refund. I bought these from JRI not Dan so maybe you should just send me my refund and you deal with your supplier. I also can't understand how in the hell you did not realize they all were damaged when you received them.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Forum Regular

Says the guy who has his skirts in hand

Old 05-23-2009, 09:32 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Can we get some clarification here from JRI? Who is refunding? I also assume it's JRI as that's who I bought mine from.......

Please confirm.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
JRI,

Your point is taken and respected. Like I said – I don’t know all the agreements and details between you and Dan, until now I only heard one side of the story. I’m not here to take sides - but offer you my opinion and help.

If you own the rights to these side-skirts and Cliff (aka Dan) was just the test fitter, and nothing more – nothing less as you stated before, then I have a responsibility to you and the group (and forum members) to take my skirts back. I don’t want to go around anyone’s back and buy their product from someone else without their permission.

I just want you to know that I will take your skirts back. PM me and I will give you my phone number and offer you my help. To me the greater good is with the forum members, not JRI, Dan or these skirts. I won’t take sides - but work towards a solution that can be acceptable to group.
I would just like to say again that I feel for what the forum members who participated in the group buy are going thru.

I returned the skirts; unopened.

I guess the lesson here is; beware of trusting “Forum Newbie’s” when making financial transactions or participating group buys on the forum or the internet.

Page 1 of this thread (post #5) shows that on 11/12/08 – trust was placed with CWSRT6 (aka Cliff) and his "people in LA" to write up the paperwork and begin development of the skirts. Planning had to have started before this date. You don’t just pull numbers together; you visit the factory, talk to the manager, estimate the project, workout timetables and financial arrangements before you can provide prices and delivery to members for a group buy project of this size..

The user profile for CWSRT6 shows Cliff had only joined the forum 17 day’s prior (10/27/08) to the start of the group buy. It would have been real tight to work these details out - even by CWSRT6’s first day on the forum. Things had to have been happening before then. Hummmm...

I would have a huge problem giving my trust and money to a 17 day “Newbie” from that standpoint alone.

Had someone taken the time to goggle this Newbie's (CWSRT6) phone number (805-341-1241) at the very beginning of this project to see if "Cliff" was legit; you would have been shocked!!!! To say the very least.

I realize its all water under the bridge now – I just hope it will provide some guidance in the future. It’s easy to get a big boner and all worked up over accessories for our wonderful cars. But we need to think with our heads and not our……

Last edited by BrianBrave; 05-23-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 PM

I have no idea the intention of such a post?? We have been dooped, scammed and screwed 10 fold yet you continue to add fuel to the fire and insult to injury. The problem at hand is finding a solution. Your first post seemed to be headed in that dirction but the rest have seem to take quite a drastic turn. Brian would you like every email, recorded phone conversation, agreement and transaction we have with CLIFF?

Why would you return a set of skirts you got at a discounted price and helped come up with an install solution. It's just hard keeping up with the flip flopping of defending a friend and a product to calling him a newbie and returning your skirts?

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I would just like to say again that I feel for what the forum members who participated in the group buy are going thru.

I returned the skirts; unopened.

I guess the lesson here is; beware of trusting “Forum Newbie’s” when making financial transactions or participating group buys on the forum or the internet.

Page 1 of this thread (post #5) shows that on 11/12/08 – trust was placed with CWSRT6 (aka Cliff) and his "people in LA" to write up the paperwork and begin development of the skirts. Planning had to have started before this date. You don’t just pull numbers together; you visit the factory, talk to the manager, estimate the project, workout timetables and financial arrangements before you can provide prices and delivery to members for a group buy project of this size..

The user profile for CWSRT6 shows Cliff had only joined the forum 17 day’s prior (10/27/08) to the start of the group buy. It would have been real tight to work these details out - even by CWSRT6’s first day on the forum. Things had to have been happening before then. Hummmm...

I would have a huge problem giving my trust and money to a 17 day “Newbie” from that standpoint alone.

Had someone taken the time to goggle this Newbie's (CWSRT6) phone number (805-341-1241) at the very beginning of this project to see if "Cliff" was legit; you would have been shocked!!!! To say the very least.

I realize its all water under the bridge now – I just hope it will provide some guidance in the future. It’s easy to get a big boner and all worked up over accessories for our wonderful cars. But we need to think with our heads and not our……

Old 05-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting sick of having a headache every time i get online and have to read through this. So JRI could you please just PM when you have some kind of solution or when I can get my refund? Please and Thank You.

Sky

Old 05-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyshadow
I'm getting sick of having a headache every time i get online and have to read through this. So JRI could you please just PM when you have some kind of solution or when I can get my refund? Please and Thank You.
I would have to say at this point sadly that this thread has become somewhat of interest even to those not involved in the group buy
with nearly 4000 views since the initial
post 508 revealing the problems on May 19th.
More drama here than a 4 star movie and a storyline which continues to amaze the viewers.
I will add that a few of the people impacted by this I know personally and hope they and all the others who have asked, receive their refund for all the inconvenience caused here.

At this point we all want to see how, when and where the drama ends.....

Old 05-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Forum Regular

As tough as it might be this is not JRI fault...

With all our combined efforts all money spent, legal fees, and then some can be gotten back. This should not all be put on JRI.

How is it possible that all be put on them? Thy Put out 10K+, and shell out refunds? I think a lawsuit should be filed, anyone wanting out should sign over their rights to claim and be refunded, and the rest can go at with all we have.

I think JRI has more then proven themselves and has been royally f-ed.

So the members here think they should pay for the rights (which they don't own), completely fix/mod what they were supposed to get in the first place, and supply the refunds. I think all efforts and anger should be pointed at the scammer and help our fellow victims here.

I think all involved should file a separate law suit against Dan + legal fees or demand a refund from the owner of the mold.

I was involved in a Class action lawsuit before, and trust me it gets settled fast, once Dan catches wind this will be settled.

Last edited by andrew; 05-24-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:28 AM

BrianBrave knew from the get go that Cliff was Dan. This makes him just as guilty, then he repeatedly comes here with the I told you so crap and it just is an insult.

I want a solid answer as to what is being done. I paid a lot of money, and I am currently laid off so either way I want an answer.

thank you

edit: And I agree, Dan is a total scumbag, has duped everyone here and used our money to fund the research and mold for this product. Its completely immoral, yet brianbrave is here to tell us that calmer heads should prevail. Right.

Last edited by MAYAman; 05-24-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, what a cluster...gentleman...come up with an answer, 'cause participating in this group buy for development of these skirts, to me, meant we all would be involved in ownership of these skirts. Dan is in CA with all the rights to these skirts through this company he has dealings with. whether I agree with JRI or what BrianBrave is stating, really doesn't matter to me. I will not be duped, taken advantage of, and I would think JRI wouldn't either. Whether a newbie or not, Brian, he lied, used whatever means he could to get full control of this project. If you read the whole thread, the intentions of JRI and those involved in the group buy, in other words, investers, were to create these skirts. It's fraud gentleman, I am contacting the FTC, hence internet sales, and since I believe fraud here, interstate fraud, I am also contacting my local FBI office for their input. Then, I will sue these companies personally. No one should have to be duped, taken advantage of, whether on this forum or any other forum. Lying is lying, and when you do it in business to profit, its fraud...its not the money to me anymore, its criminal to me now. Grab your asses and hang on....you just pissed me off...

Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm tired of reading this every day. What you are offering was not the deal! I will take my refund and don't forget that I started the original side skirt group buy before Jonny took charge. So I expect to be at the top of the refund list!

Old 05-24-2009, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Wow, what a cluster...gentleman...come up with an answer, 'cause participating in this group buy for development of these skirts, to me, meant we all would be involved in ownership of these skirts. Dan is in CA with all the rights to these skirts through this company he has dealings with. whether I agree with JRI or what BrianBrave is stating, really doesn't matter to me. I will not be duped, taken advantage of, and I would think JRI wouldn't either. Whether a newbie or not, Brian, he lied, used whatever means he could to get full control of this project. If you read the whole thread, the intentions of JRI and those involved in the group buy, in other words, investers, were to create these skirts. It's fraud gentleman, I am contacting the FTC, hence internet sales, and since I believe fraud here, interstate fraud, I am also contacting my local FBI office for their input. Then, I will sue these companies personally. No one should have to be duped, taken advantage of, whether on this forum or any other forum. Lying is lying, and when you do it in business to profit, its fraud...its not the money to me anymore, its criminal to me now. Grab your asses and hang on....you just pissed me off...
GO GET THEM DOC, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YA! IT'S TIME TO ISSUE REFUNDS.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular

Talk about adding insult to injury; now I just got email spam from Dan for the skirts"

Please visit our website to see our AMG Style Custom Side Skirts.

www.crossfireaccessoriesan dmore.com

Thank You,
Crossfire Accessories & More Team

Old 05-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Raceonusa.com has SLK skirts for $220 bucks + shipping...I'd rather modify those....they have front lips...Gee, wonder who makes them? BHays, I don't think I have a choice here, this was done in a shady manner, and never should have gone this far...and more importantly, more communication would have been nice...now we are just going back and forth. This has went on long enough, decision time by someone here...my phone calls will be made Tuesday when everyone is back in their office. As I told you in the PM, we successfully should down a operation like this locally...and this is on the net for everyone to see, so this one should be a no-brainer. Intent, is clearly there, in black and white. He can't deny that. All I want is my money back and I will not pursue the lawsuit, but I am moving forward w/ the FTC and FBI. This is their jurisdiction, not mine...but you can check out the above site...

Old 05-24-2009, 06:47 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by Glockhit
This forum has always been a great resource of useful information that myself as a member have been able to use as well as try to help others.
I was one of the earlier members to install a TVT 265+ kit. In fact do you remember Anthony everything that went wrong the day of the install. I ended up finishing this at home. We just found a way to make it work. I never complained or said a negative thing in this forum about that day.
Oh yes I remember. Hardware goes on smooth and then we waited for 4-6 hours for a tune that was never coming...

A lot has changed since then.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by distantpulse; 05-24-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Can either Dan's people or JRI's people let me know if I can indeed have a set of non damaged side skirts or not? I have been asking for some sort of PM for days. If you can get me a set of non damaged, non flexed side skirts that will not require me to drill into my car and won't look like shitt I will still take mine.

But somebody from either side needs to get back with video, pictures, smoke signals, hell I will take telepathy as to how this will look on the car without drilling into it.

I don't want any gaps or it to look aftermarket. This is not crazy what I am asking for. Please. Somebody.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire