Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Just found this on ebay by Clifford Root producer. Are these all his ideas? No side skirts though. Much more to see than fender grilles.
Chrysler Crossfire NEW VENTED STYLE Fender Grill !!!:eBay Motors (item 260411609332 end time Jun-15-09 08:16:10 PDT)
Wait for it to load.
I saw side skirts in his web site www.crossfireaccessoriesandmore.com.

Last edited by Bill F; 05-21-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am willing to wait a little longer to see if these can be manipulated to fit...

Last edited by JimmySkullz; 05-22-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm personally done beating this dead horse. Dan will not change his course and is still adamant that these are perfectly acceptable issues. We will work to find a solution to fix these so that they are right even if it means we have to mount every single one on my car.
Hey fellas, just let me know when you got it done. If it is something minor, send me the skirts and tell me how to make it work. I am waiting for the skirts so I can order an SRT bumper, so the sooner the better. Thanks.

Last edited by andrew; 05-22-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont see a refund being possible at this point for the manufacturer..... where is everyone going to get their refund?

Last edited by ImportLabSRT; 05-24-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, I have been following this thread becuase I wanted to get a set of these at some point when I change to the SRT front bumper. It is really unfortunate that things turned out this way. I have experience with fiber glass as I have built a few kit cars. (see the Cobra in my gallery). I might be interested in a set of these but would it almost be easier to modigy the SLK ones?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Just a heads up for those looking for a refund.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but there's a good chance JRI doesn't have the money to refund everyone right now as it's invested in a bunch of potentially useless product. This happens with any small company taking on a big project, we've been over leveraged so many times when we first started it was scary. So no one worry as I'm sure everything will work out, but try to be patient. I have no affiliation with either party.

I think in part JRI will need to take responsibility for what has happened though as they were the mediating party for this. I can recall last year when we having custom shipping supplies created for us. The company overcharged us by 3300.00 and got away with it because they had a receipt showing the total and we never received one. If I had done the research I would have seen that this company has done this a lot.

Business is a tough place to be. When its good its great, but when its bad you break down from the stress and want to throw it all away.

Again, if you need any assistance in fitment or if the local NJ customers want us to try and fit them we are more then happy to take a look. If you buy my guys and I lunch and some drinks then that's the labor charge.

You don't happen to do house calls.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Forum Regular

Is it too late to get into the group buy?

Just thought I'd try and lighten the tension.......

Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by rodimus

LOL- I'm sure it's not to late, Jonny has a few sets still available!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by rodimus

Absolutely not too late. I just purchased a set for our car from crossfireaccessoriesandmore.com or something like that. Apparently he purchased all the sets that weren't good enough for the GB and is selling them at a decent price. The owner seems like a real stand up guy. I would hate to see him fall victim to criminal charges, bankruptcy, or an angry mob. Oh well, time to go to Home Depot and pick up some L clamps and wood screws. I want this thing lookin show ready!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Forum Regular

Absolutely not too late. I just purchased a set for our car from crossfireaccessoriesandmore.com or something like that. Apparently he purchased all the sets that weren't good enough for the GB and is selling them at a decent price. The owner seems like a real stand up guy. I would hate to see him fall victim to criminal charges, bankruptcy, or an angry mob. Oh well, time to go to Home Depot and pick up some L clamps and wood screws. I want this thing lookin show ready!
LOL!!

Sweet, I was just going to use a hammer and nails, give it that nice Mad Max look. lol

I like your idea better....

Last edited by rodimus; 05-22-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

LOL! Now that's FUNNY right there, I don't care who you are that's FUNNY!

Old 05-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dan has a history of just stealing anything he thinks he can sell on his website and ebay. It looks here like he has taken ownership of these skirts in an underhanded way by being the legal wholesaler with the factory. By taking ownership he also takes responsibility. I am sure Dan would like to claim owner ship to sell them but not take any ownership if things go wrong. He is trying to have it both ways. I would love to see a lot small claims filed against him for this. Does the better BB know who he is? I wonder if he even has a legal business? Does he report these sales as income to the IRS? Is he charging sales tax at least in CA? and if so is he sending to the state? If you guys start thinking you can make things rough on him with just a few phone calls and small claims court filings.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

All his info should be posted here so everyone that got crapped on can make his life HELL!! I know if there isnt a resolution in the next week or two, I am gonna legally go as far as I can to get this settled.. Its sucks bad! Waiting 7 months just to get screwed!

Old 05-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

The owner seems like a real stand up guy.
It could be you are correct, he has stood up a lot of people from what I can see.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:12 AM

well success was short lived tonight..... We figured out all of the shipment issues and did everything we could possibly come up with. The skirt fits relatively well as far as after market skirts go. Some problems with the skirt are the missing tabs up front and about 1/4 too short. We equate this to the company not allowing for a consistent measure of shrink. These are plastic reinforced fiberglass. The fiberglass was sprayed not hand laid which doesn't allow for consistency.

Now to the good stuff, we reheated the skirt and flexed it back into more of an L shape like the original this helped with the install a lot. The skirt was able to sit nicer and was not able to flex down like it wanted to before. Everything looked good accept for the front of the skirt, I don't care what duraflex says, we needed to use a bracket. There was just no other way around it. The bracket I am up with uses the existing fender bolts SO THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DRILLING into your car. What the bracket does is run along the inside of the skirt and then twists into the wheel well. From inside the wheel well the skirt needed a screw in order to close the 1/8 inch gap. What we used was some fender screws that we picked up from oreily’s. What this means is if you choose you will need to put the skirt on and have ONE screw showing inside each of your wheel wells. The rest of the skirt, like any other skirt can be double sided taped in the door well and use the existing clips in the rear. Rudy did everything in his power while driving to get this skirt to come flying off and he was yet to do so. It was the worst ride of my life...

Now for the bad news, everything worked and looked great so we started measuring the rest of the sets and checking for damage. This is where it went wrong. Almost every set we opened had minor to pretty extensive damage. The damage that was on each set had to have happened during shipping because it was fresh not painted black. In other words they were not shipped out like this or they would have had the primmer on them. Some of the skirts can be fixed with some minor body work, some will cost more to fix then the skirts themselves are worth. A shop would probably fix this with the same 3m adhesive they use to fix cracked bumpers, the stuff works and it would be an excellent fix, but why put the extra money into a process that should not have been needed in the first place.

I realize some of you still think the refund is a lost cause and still want your skirts. I will ship to anyone that still wants them, and I will also make bracket for anyone who wants them, by accepting the skirt you forfeit any chance of a refund. Why is this? Well because we now have a claim open with the shipping company. These skirts were insured for 10k and frankly its bitter sweet news, we figure out a way to make these work, and now most are still junk or need work. I will go through all the sets and put together the best pairs. Someone from the shipping company will come out next week assess the damage and send out a check. Refunds will go accordingly. We will ship the skirts back to Dan for those who want refunds, he will send a refund. He seems to be coming around now that the problem isn't so much in his hands anymore. This skirts with extensive damage are just as useless to him as they are to me and you.

Last but not least it was too late to have pictures taken by the time we were done. We didn’t want to make it look like we were hiding anything with the dark, so I will post what we have now. We will be taking a video of us fitting a set later this weekend and sending it through PM to everyone on the groupbuy. Your decision can be made after that. I always feel like I am leaving you guys hanging but it is the best we have got right now.

I can not post Dans information on here you all know that, but these are what the stickers said that were on the side skirt packages.

Crossfire Accessories and More
phone 805-341-1241
Fax 805-484-7648
Email Dcxfire@live.com

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 05-23-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a bit of a problem here fellas. I am in Iraq, and wont be home till August! I would like a set of the skirts but wont have the time to F' around with them when I do get home, and besides the last thing I want to do when I get home from A YEAR in IRAQ is wait to drive my car. Some one said that they got some from some where else? I want a set of skits but I want them to fit like they are supposed to. If that can't happen here then I want my money back! I will have spent a year in Iraq I don't want any more headaches. If this is how group buys go down here I'm not participating in any more of them!

Old 05-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh My...Looks like a piano was stacked on our sideskirts during shipment. I keep hearing that the factory Mercedes SLK side skirts needs modifications to fit our cars. These group buy side skirts also needs modifications. So which of the two side skirts will be easier to modify to fit properly? I've yet to chat first hand with anyone who has actually modified and installed the Mercedes SLK skirts onto a Crossfire. Squirrel Crusher

Old 05-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

JRI I am going to wait till your next post to decide what I am going to do. But seriously who was the moron who shipped those skirts? How could they possibly be destroyed like that? I have sent freakin china plates via USPS in a box and they didn't break. Fug sake could anything else more go wrong?

If I decide to get a pair I will kindly ask for a good set since I originally started this and sorry to sound so arrogant but man I can't begin to tell you how pissed I am at this scumbag. seriously, I wish him nothing but bad things.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Forum Regular

Would it be asking all that much for Dan to supply the group buy members with undamaged skirts from his supply and then deal with the shipping company himself.

I require a set of completely undamaged skirts on my doorstep by this coming Friday with the bracket installed and in an close to an L shape as possible or I am instituting legal proceedings on my own to the fullest extent. That will include but not be limited to civil suits against all suppliers, full notification to the FTC and any other relevant government entities, notification to the Better Business Bureau and anything else I can dream up in my pissed off state.

A good set from JRI, one of Dan's sets sent to JRI then brackets installed, I don't care. I have tried to be patient and helpful in every way possible with this, but my patience is at an end.

Last edited by bhays; 05-23-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Forum Regular

This might make you feel better about doing a few minor adjustments to this install as described. These adjustments are minor, very minor. I will have mine mounted on my CF in 1/2 hour. This could be you. Follow this link to a side skirt install that is a lot worse. From my experience installing these, the side skirt I received is very good.
YouTube - Import DPS Extreme Modifications Body Kit

Now my next question is how in the hell did these get damaged at the ends like this. When I received mine the ends were triple bubble wrapped. You would almost have to unwrap them and do some drilling, cutting, etc. Take a look at this link. This Extreme Dimensions body part is getting the crap knocked out of it. It still holds up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOb4Kpk3f8s

Last edited by Glockhit; 05-23-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire