Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

He's just lucky I don't live in California....

Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sorry for the screw job everyone is getting here. One thing came to mind it won't get your money back but it could make Dan Root's life less comfortable. Ebay has a complaint feedback system of some sort. Each of you who are effected by this, send a brief but clear letter/email to them about the dishonest practices of this person. They will likely not close his store on their site, but they do keep a "file" of each sellers history. I would think after some of the Ebay purchasers get burned and complain the pattern would be clear and he'd be banned.

One thing Dan can not get around is that no matter where he looks to sell his products at least at this time they are Crossfire related. You all could make it a habit to routinely check via search engines for eyebrow or badges, find where he's gone and hound him. It would be a form of therapy for you. I was burned for $95 from a local association I was affiliated with. I figure they need to send me about 5 years of their mailings before I will tell them to remove my name. I won't get the money back but I also know they will be spending my $95 on postage without any chance of me doing business with them again.

After he was banned from this site the first time his llink in the Market Place went to a Flicker account. He was selling from there, which is against their rules, then that too was closed down. Con artists are predicable enough that you can use it against them. He needs a place to sell, find it and notify the hosting site about him. Also there will be a time sooner than later that he will have to give up on Crossfires, their out of production and at this rate pretty much any avid owner of one knows he's dishonest.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
He's just lucky I don't live in California....
Maybe we need to take a "business" trip to CA. Bring along a few of your Chi-town thungs.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 AM
FP

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Maybe we need to take a "business" trip to CA. Bring along a few of your Chi-town thungs.
What? and take away the satisfaction of kicking his A.S.S. personally?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I have a set in hand!!

I got them today before the big bru-ha-ha broke out. I figure it will take me about 1.5 - 2 hrs to fit. Since I'm going to be painting my SRT6 either this weekend or next; depending on my hood mod (got my one-piece rear hatch mod complete), so I figured what-the-heck...

I'll be glad to post pic's and the procedures that I used when I'm done.

I'll leave the politics and other matters for you all to figure out.
What a political mess. I agree with you 100%. I looked at mine last night and it will require some spot putty for a few pin holes. Not bad. Fitting it to my CF about 2-4 hrs. The sad thing is..in terms of other fiberglass AM parts it looks pretty good. In terms of fit, well I'll find out. I do believe you should be very mechanically inclined or have experience installing something like these before. The price I have been quoted for painting in my State is $300.00. I don't intend on spending any more money to have a shop install these. I have spent enough already. Having said that, I look forward to your install and photo's.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe JR Industries needs to address our refunds and table the install/fit of the skirts they received. Check the unnecessary poll 12-to-2 in favor of a refund. WE have been more than patience with this process. Dont insult us further by making fools of us. I mentioned earlier that I have complete respect for JR Industries but lest they fall into the same category as the scammer Dan/Cliff. The customer is ALWAYS right. JR Industries.....settle and make good with your customers.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM

Jonny/Rudy, what was the language in the contract document? Is there any recourse with that?

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
Got off the phone with clif this is the route we are going to take in LA. He is drawing up the paperwork later in the week or early next week. The way this will work is it will be $155(paypal) up front (or 150 Check or Money Order), remainder will be needed at time of shippment. If you want to pay the full $350/$360paypal (group buy price only) up front that is fine as well. I can shoot you a shipping quote ($60-$70) once these are ready to go out. THESE ARE FOR A DIRECT REPLACEMENT not an overlay. THEY will look just like the ones pictured in maymans photo.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM
FP

Originally Posted by ichon
I believe JR Industries needs to address our refunds and table the install/fit of the skirts they received. Check the unnecessary poll 12-to-2 in favor of a refund. WE have been more than patience with this process. Dont insult us further by making fools of us. I mentioned earlier that I have complete respect for JR Industries but lest they fall into the same category as the scammer Dan/Cliff. The customer is ALWAYS right. JR Industries.....settle and make good with your customers.
As hard as this is for you (JRI) I agree. The purpose of the poll was to help you identify those willing to make them fit. The rest should get a speedy refund.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 AM

Wow, as much as I loved the look of the first picture I saw, I am sooooooo glad I didn't get in on this one. I am sorry for you guys. That really is F'ed up and depressing to say the least!! I hope JRI can work something out for you guys. Good luck!!

Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Forum Regular

I'm new to this whole mess, I know for one Rudy and Johnny helped me with a problem with my car over the phone and I never even purchased anything.

This Dan guy is certainly a schmuck.

My question is, is this his website? Crossfire Emblems : Home

It has the sideskirts for sale, I just want to make sure, I don't want to buy from him.

I hope everything works out and this guy gets whats coming!!

Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 AM

I'm so glad I didnt get in on the group buy. I don't like when people play with my money. Thats B.S.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rodimus

It has the sideskirts for sale, I just want to make sure, I don't want to buy from him.
Yep, that's it. I think that's what chaps my a** the worst about this whole deal. Those of us who have waited so long for these have not a damn thing and that SOB is already selling them on his site for less than we all paid..

Old 05-20-2009, 11:31 AM

This Dan guy is certainly a schmuck.

Yep, that's him.

BTW, here's his phone number from his website if anyone is interested in talking with him: (805) 341-1241

Old 05-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Maybe we should "flood" the site with orders. HMMMMMM. Wonder what that would do.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Forum Regular

Yep, that's him.

BTW, here's his phone number from his website if anyone is interested in talking with him: (805) 341-1241

That's Bakersfield, I have plenty of Marine/Navy buddies stationed in Coronado and Camp Pendleton....

Just say the word..... lol

One of the Marines is a fellow Crossfire owner.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bhays
Yep, that's it. I think that's what chaps my a** the worst about this whole deal. Those of us who have waited so long for these have not a damn thing and that SOB is already selling them on his site for less than we all paid..

I wasn't even involved and I'll contribute to the "Lawyer Up" Fund.

What a ****!!

Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 AM

One of the Marines is a fellow Crossfire owner.
Really? Is he on this site?

Old 05-20-2009, 11:45 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by bhays
It's called Factory direct pricing - or cutting out the middle man.

Yep, that's him.

Why would you call him? Your business transaction was with the middle man. It's the middle man who's sitting on your parts.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Forum Regular

Really? Is he on this site?
No, he's not much of a computer guy. he can barely send out a email.

He does have a phone number though......

Last edited by rodimus; 05-20-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
It's called Factory direct pricing - or cutting out the middle man.

Why would you call him? Your business transaction was with the middle man. It's the middle man who's sitting on your parts.
Dan went behind us and cut us out of the equation with Extreme Dimensions. He was supposed to be the test fitter. Nothing more, nothing less. As a result of the actions he took and how he is currently handling the situation, we are now pursuing legal action.

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire