Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

I'll be the first to say," DAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNN SEXY!"

Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Those look awesome!

One question, what happens if there's a problem in the final fitment?

Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look great!!! Guess it's getting time to give the bodyshop a call and let them know I'll be coming down soon. From the pictures it appears the mounting holes have been predrilled. I thought I read in a thread that the installer had to drill them.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Looking goooooood guys......

Thanks

Old 05-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Very cool guys, great work and I look forward to your future projects. I have a couple of ideas I'll post photoshops of.

Lets give them a hand.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well let me begin by first saying thanks to Julian for allowing me back on the forum, I requested directly to him and he gave me my original registered name back. I first found this forum over 5 years ago right after I leased my first Alabaster 04 Crossfire.
I'd like to also say I apologize to any and all forum members who may have lost some sleep over this group buy for anything what so ever that I did by being part of it without their knowledge. I offered this deal knowing I'd be able to perform all I promised to Rudy and Jonny and that even if it meant me paying for more than I figured on. The price I gave them $350 was fixed and guaranteed by me to them and to all who purchased. Plus s&h because I'm not a mailman. This guarantee was not given lightly I did my homework and traveled to this this company over 80 miles from my home meet the owner and believed they could do this project. I signed my guarantee to him on his contract and my bank card #. Believe me I could have backed out right then if I thought for a second these guys didn't know what they were doing! But they impressed the very hard to impress Dan Root! Next came the 25 orders and of course the collecting of funds. AS soon as I knew we had a group I planned on dropping my SRT6 off to the shop to do all prototyping. Well it started off bad because they needed to use REAL OEM sideskirt to apply the look we all wanted so I found some used ones to help save cost. Then because of the Holidays and cold weather my car ended up there for almost 3 times longer than first told to me by the owner. Well you all know sometimes sh** just happens. Finally being finished and ready to ship the prototype after mid January these finished skirts have finally arrived. I hope all who waited and didn't loose hope are happy with all the hard work that has been put towards this simple idea of a Hot looking Sideskirt for our Crossfires I hope you all forget the past and look forward to your future great looking Crossfires. As soon as Rudy let's go of the balance owed to me & shipping costs I'll have all these sent out to him or you directly! Rudy has done a great job holding all you guys in check to wait and wait for these.
Thanks again to all. And for any other guys out there that wants to buy a set these sideskirts order directly from Rudy I will not be taking orders through the Crossfireforum unless he decides not to sell anymore.
And that's all I got to say about that! Good bye & thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sideskirts amg 5.8 013.JPG1.jpg (973.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg
sideskirts amg 5.8 017.JPG (965.7 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Dan Root; 05-08-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:47 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by rcompart
Here are pictures of them from the manufacturer. We're getting a car there tomorrow for final fitment and then they're out the door and off to you. Thanks for everyone's patience with this.

Enjoy
Those are some !NICE! looking skirts. Now you guys are going to have to work on your painting skills so the skirts will match your Crossfires.

Here's a link to some low cost HVLP guns I purchased and have been using on my SRT6. They actually work quite well.

BTW - I found Dupont ChromaBase and ChromaClear are great products to work with.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:13 PM

I already have a shop that matches paint perfectly, they did all my startech stuff and it matches perfectly

Old 05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

well, like FP said, we are a hard group to please sometimes...can't wait to get them on...thanks, Jonny, Rudy, and yes, even you Dan....whatever the past....thanks

Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by MAYAman
I already have a shop that matches paint perfectly, they did all my startech stuff and it matches perfectly
It took me some time and practice to get the technique down. But I had a spare fender to work on and the temps here are always 75*F with no humidity. (ahhh paradise) Plus with 25 acres of avocados behind me (wind direction) not too many folks that get upset.

If you keep the paint & body on your Crossfire well maintained, color matching should be no problem. But if your paint has faded after being exposed to sun and weather, Dupont doesn't offer a shade lighter paint for the Crossfire to use for touch-up and blending. The trick then becomes one of mixing a special 50/50 mixture "basemaker" to add 50/50 with the leftover paint when ready to extend the cover blending areas beyond the spot requiring the initial paint.

Perhaps the other paint manufactures offer lighter shades for the crossfire.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:22 AM

Ah I see,

My xfire is always in the garage and never in bad weather for the most part. Only seen snow twice by accident I got caught coming home in a storm. Paint looks new

Old 05-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

black is all I have...shouldn't be a problem for me...just want them here...LOL...

Old 05-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Jonnyangel,

I sent you a PM.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Here are pictures of them on a car. These will ship this week/early next week. Obviously, these will not be held on with duct tape.

Last edited by FP; 05-19-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:33 PM

Jonny, Rudy and Dan these look awesome!

How is the fit in and around the sill inside the door?

Great job!

Stay safe...

Respectfully,

Paul (MisterTaz)

Old 05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So are you saying that they won't ship with a roll of duct tape? LOL!

They look great.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Forum Regular

I have to give Dan a lot of credit for an excellent job. I know from past experience that a prototype (fiberglass custom spoiler, side skirt, etc) from concept to finished product can take many months or years. Also, I have never installed an aftermarket fiberglass panel that fit properly. From what I can see from these photographs the side panels (skirts) appear to be right on. I am sure there will be some minor trimming necessary, but this is to be expected. I had a photograph that I did in Photoshop of the side skirt on my alabaster CF. I don't see it now. Maybe it was removed. In any case I am looking forward to installing the one I purchase. It is one of the few add on pieces that adds to this car rather than take away from the existing design of what a CF is about. I will post photo's of these on my car after I install and paint them. Hopefully within two or three weeks.

Last edited by Glockhit; 05-10-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait for mine. One question... what is this going to do in terms of getting a floor jack under the car. I could take the saddle off mine and just get it under there before.. Is the rubber pad going to be up and behind the skirt?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 PM

Guys these are complete replacements for your rockers they don't go over the top. So its a direct swap

Old 05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

BTW, those that weren't part of the group buy, please PM me if you are interested in getting more information about the sideskirts.

Thank you

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire