Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the finished product?
Unacceptable, I want my money back ASAP
78.26%
I can make it work
21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Old 05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
We are in limbo mode and I want to see if Dan/ the company will pay for refunds and hold on to refund sets instead of us the middle men who set up this group buy.
Jonny, please tell me this is not Dan Root....

Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL @ FP !!! Squirrel Crusher

Old 05-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
LOL @ FP !!! Squirrel Crusher
Actually, I don't think FP is joking.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's the gift that keeps on giving!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Punkin
He's the gift that keeps on NOT giving!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry it's taken so long but please don't lose the faith just days before you have your sideskirts. I have spoke with the company, not Dan, that these are here, they are in a container and they will be ready by Friday. Yes, it is Dan Root who is the test fitter. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that no one knew it was him, modorators included as the moment it was found out, he was banned. Now I don't know the specifics on why he was banned but I do know that hell or high water, we will make sure everyone gets their sideskirts. We are so close people, don't give up now. This is possibly one of the biggest aftermarket undertakings for this car when it comes to a non-performance related part for this car. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have them on everyone's cars already but I can't so we have to just all be patient. I would hate for those that paid on the group buy to get this far only to ask for a refund days before they ship only to go back to the end of the line and have to wait for more to come in because they see how awesome they make the car look and now want a set. As far as pictures go, I'd post a picture of a shipping container but I won't because I'm so serious about how close we are and I think some would find it offensive. We're waiting for pictures just like anyone else. If you have any questions and want to talk to me personally, you can call me at 952-681-1000 9am until midnight central time. Thank you.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ready by Friday? What is the ship date?

Originally Posted by rcompart
Sorry it's taken so long but please don't lose the faith just days before you have your sideskirts. I have spoke with the company, not Dan, that these are here, they are in a container and they will be ready by Friday. Yes, it is Dan Root who is the test fitter. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that no one knew it was him, modorators included as the moment it was found out, he was banned. Now I don't know the specifics on why he was banned but I do know that hell or high water, we will make sure everyone gets their sideskirts. We are so close people, don't give up now. This is possibly one of the biggest aftermarket undertakings for this car when it comes to a non-performance related part for this car. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have them on everyone's cars already but I can't so we have to just all be patient. I would hate for those that paid on the group buy to get this far only to ask for a refund days before they ship only to go back to the end of the line and have to wait for more to come in because they see how awesome they make the car look and now want a set. As far as pictures go, I'd post a picture of a shipping container but I won't because I'm so serious about how close we are and I think some would find it offensive. We're waiting for pictures just like anyone else. If you have any questions and want to talk to me personally, you can call me at 952-681-1000 9am until midnight central time. Thank you.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by parawxman
Ready by Friday? What is the ship date?
I'm not giving a hard date because every date we have been given and therfore given everyone on the group buy has comeback and bit us in the @$$ but I can guarantee you that these won't be collecting any dust.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't upload my attachment here. See forum title"photoshop of sideskirts" for photo of these on my Limited.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 AM
FP

Rudy and Jonny, I have total confidence in you. You may know I have not contributed to any negative comments regarding this project. I know first hand that we are tough customers and not always the most patient customers. Sometime taking a lead in a project here is a thankless job. Having said that, I applaud all who take a lead in a project, and I thank you. I trust you will come through. But, knowing that Dan has a hand in this makes me nervous. He's not the most ethical person. The only reason I didn't give up is because I know JRI is stand-up group.

Thanks for staying in touch with the progress. Team, lets be patient. Jonny and Rudy have a great deal of integrity. I'm sure no one will get ripped off, even if they do. I'm confident they will refund your money from their own pocket if necessary. They will see this deal through, I know. I just think the initial plan was too aggressive. I look forward to having mine soon.

FP

Last edited by FP; 05-07-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It took a while to get my JRI triple pillar also. But as anyone who has one will attest, they are the highest quality and fit and look like factory parts. I expect that these will be the same.

I have a bigger concern about getting them painted locally and looking as good as the painted stuff I have from JRI.

Jon and Rudy, dont let us impatient folks put you off your great projects. 'If you make it, we will buy it"

MikeR

Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Glockhit
I couldn't upload my attachment here. See forum title"photoshop of sideskirts" for photo of these on my Limited.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
FP

That looks sweet, and those wheels are really growing on me.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by FP

pic looks sweet but it looks like we are going to need to do something with that front bumper now lol.... OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 05-07-2009, 12:53 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

The white Crossfire looks really sweet - Those rims really have some fat lips - Nice choice!!

An SRT6 front bumper would really set the car off and perhaps a light tint on the windshield.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
The white Crossfire looks really sweet - Those rims really have some fat lips - Nice choice!!

An SRT6 front bumper would really set the car off and perhaps a light tint on the windshield.
Lowering springs,shocks/struts,front lip,etc,etc. Ever hear the R&B song..money,money,money.
Can't tint the front windshield in my State. I lost a bit of money with my 401K. Put a damper on my buying.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
pic looks sweet but it looks like we are going to need to do something with that front bumper now lol.... OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
It has to stop somewhere, but where.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
Those wheels are telling you to go on line today at tirerack. Place an order. They'll be at your front door in 1-2 days. This photo was done with a special hypnotic procedure in photoshop. You are getting sleepy..sleep..slee..sle.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I appreciate it.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Here are pictures of them from the manufacturer. We're getting a car there tomorrow for final fitment and then they're out the door and off to you. Thanks for everyone's patience with this.

Enjoy

Quick Reply: WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire