Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

URGENT ANSWER NEEDED* Need part # and price. dealer trying to RAPE ME.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts
Default URGENT ANSWER NEEDED* Need part # and price. dealer trying to RAPE ME.

Hi all, some of you know that I was having the die while driving problem and it turns out the relay control module is bad. Well I left the car there on Monday and its been there since. I told them monday that it was the relay control module and they just ignored me. I called them for three straight days and they kept brushing me off saying that I was not a technician.

Well! They call me yesterday evening all happy and saying "HEY WE FOUND THE PROBLEM! IT IS THE RELAY CONTROL MODULE"

When I told her I was trying to tell her that since monday she just kept repeating how THEY FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

Anyway, I know this part is easy to change and doesn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars. THEY ARE TRYING TO CHARGE ME 4 HOURS LABOR AND $357 FOR IT!!!

I desperately need that part number and a reference to its actual retail price because all hell is going to break loose there tonight.

thanks

Old 08-21-2008, 06:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: URGENT ANSWER NEEDED*Need part # and price. dealer trying to RAPE ME.

As far as I can tell you are probably looking in the neighborhood of $225-$275 for the part...Though I can't find a specific part number so I can't be 100% confident. They have to give you part numbers for what is being placed on your vehicle...Ask them again, they should give it to you. They have to know the part numbers before they put them on, and therefore tell them that until you get the part numbers for the replacement parts they don't have authorization to do the work...

EDIT: Those price above are MSRP...You can get the control module from parts.com for $156...just FYI.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: URGENT ANSWER NEEDED*Need part # and price. dealer trying to RAPE ME.

Originally Posted by MAYAman

I desperately need that part number and a reference to its actual retail price because all hell is going to break loose there tonight.

thanks
Should be: 5099007AA

$200.40 (list $277) from here:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=213674

Old 08-21-2008, 06:46 AM

Mercedes Part # A 170 545 03 05........170 bucks from Mercedes Benz ! The OEM module will have a Mercedes part number stamped on the Module ! You are being RAPED BIG TIME ! Takes 10 minutes to change this thing out. Hope a jar of Vaseline comes with that estimate !

Just my Dos Centavos

Old 08-21-2008, 07:04 AM

Thanks you guys are AWESOME!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Forum Regular

Get the dealer to confirm the part number.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:28 AM

I can't they already called me and told me the car is ready. Lets get ready to rumble people. they should at least wash my car!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:25 AM

I can't they already called me and told me the car is ready. Lets get ready to rumble people. they should at least wash my car!
Tell them to save the old part !!! You wanna see it ! I can almost guarantee if you flip it over you'll find a Mercedes part number

Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM

be sure to keep us updated....i'm curious as to who comes out with the black eye on this one.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this website. Seems like they have everything OEM- not sure how prices compare as I haven't bought from it before (and no longer own a crossfire). Maybe someone can look at the prices and see if they have any good deals?

http://www.newmoparparts.com/mopar-parts.htm

Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Can someone tell me where this module is located and what it looks like. I am getting a 2nd air injection error and was told it may be this module.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Karl Von
Can someone tell me where this module is located and what it looks like. I am getting a 2nd air injection error and was told it may be this module.
Inside the same "box" that the ECU is in. Engine compartment, passenger side.

Last edited by 70GT6; 08-21-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:01 AM

Yeah its super simple to find.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by TheCrossfirekid
Try this website. Seems like they have everything OEM- not sure how prices compare as I haven't bought from it before (and no longer own a crossfire). Maybe someone can look at the prices and see if they have any good deals?

http://www.newmoparparts.com/mopar-parts.htm
Not trying to get off topic but just checked out the link because I'm looking to add Fog lights and their price was like $25 less then the dealer. Thanks for the link.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:17 AM

MAYAman !!! What was the out come ??? Inquiring folks wanna know !

Old 08-22-2008, 02:56 PM

I got raped

Old 08-22-2008, 04:03 PM

I got raped
Did you get your old part back?
Fix it for a spare.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got raped
Bummer. Call the General Manager or dealership owner and tell him your story.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 AM
Default Re: URGENT ANSWER NEEDED* Need part # and price. dealer trying to RAPE ME.

Is a new relay control module an improved version, or is it the same lame part that will fail a year from now?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: URGENT ANSWER NEEDED* Need part # and price. dealer trying to RAPE ME.

I can't count the number of times this happened to me.

You got charged for them to diagnose the problem.

They don't listen to customers when it comes to technical things UNLESS you put in writing that you want them to do "X". Pure and simple.

When you leave the car you tell them you want the Relay Part # XXX to be replaced - what's the cost going to be to do that? Don't leave the car if you get a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.

If it's that easy to replace and you already knew what was wrong, why'd you bring it there?

(By the way, that's a question I asked myself a million times - most recently when I got my wallet emptied to have the dealer tell me my Jeep ECU was bad and charge me three times retail, and three hours labor to remove three bolts and unplug a pigtail.)

I guess in my case I wasn't 100% sure and I knew if I bought the part and it didn't fix my problem, I wasn't going to be able to return it....

Quick Reply: URGENT ANSWER NEEDED* Need part # and price. dealer trying to RAPE ME.