Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Headlight problems --bulb replacement

Old 08-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight problems --bulb replacement

Searched found explanations but for some odd reason cannot seem to wrap my brain around the instructions, there appears to be a "hook" holding the wire clip down cannot figure how to move it and release the clip, help is appreciate

05 Coupe, right side light

TIA Terry

Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Headlight problems --bulb replacement

Originally Posted by tbrenan
Searched found explanations but for some odd reason cannot seem to wrap my brain around the instructions, there appears to be a "hook" holding the wire clip down cannot figure how to move it and release the clip, help is appreciate

TIA Terry
OK.

Push in on the wire clip, then bend it sideways to get out from under the hook thingy.

I hope this helps!

See? HELPFUL!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headlight problems --bulb replacement

Originally Posted by tbrenan

TIA Terry
Well I just walked into the house after spending 1-1 1/2 hours changing the drivers side light bulb. Yea I made a production out of it. The drivers side cover was hard to get to so I removed the thing(?) blocking the rubber cover. I then took the rubber cover off and at the bottom portion of the bulb is a wire thar acts as a spring to hold the bulb in place. The lower side slides in place. The other end the prongs go into their repective holes and are squeezed to remove them.

Here is where it started to get interesting. I could not get the top prongs into their respective holes. So I started reoving thins. First the pump thing. That did not help. So I decided to take out the entire light.

Reove the grill reomove the top allan screw holding the bumper. Popping out the side marker light. Turning the wheel to get int the opening under the lights. Removing the 2 screws under the headlights. Removing the top 2 screws.

What a PIta.

Success.