Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Found a place for a bodykit. Must be group buy.

Old 05-23-2008 | 02:18 PM
Default Re: Found a place for a bodykit. Must be group buy.

i would probably be in for the front bumper and side skirts on the black one. i think it was pick 2.??
but any sideskirt that looks like the silver photoshopped one will work too for me.

Old 05-23-2008 | 03:33 PM

UPDATE!!!!!!

i just got off the phone with aldo, the man handling our group buy. I talked to him and he said they wont draw up a preview for us, that will cost about a $1000. What he said is we have to get someone to photo shop all the angles with the parts we want and thats what we send him and thats what they go by when they fab up the kit. I asked that we just wanted to know their limitations and his exact words were "the skys the limit and we havent touched it yet". So can someone photo shop with the pics we have (thumbnail ones) and see how it comes out. We need a rear bumper too. Who wants to photo shop?

i know some of u want the slk but i think the skirts from pic 1 are way better looking and if you get a kit you get one that gets the most visual bang for your buck. So whos up for the photoshop?

Old 05-23-2008 | 03:37 PM

If the guy doesn't even have an in-house graphics design, im not sure i'd be comfortable pre-ordering something from them.

Old 05-23-2008 | 03:46 PM

they do have a guy, but thats gonna cost extra. he said they can do it no problem but itll cost us. I also must explain that he was talking about making a preview for the guys that arent sure, that was without the reqd 10 for the buy......just a preview and no buy lined up....AGAIN they are a business and they arent gonna do a rendering for free.

Old 05-23-2008 | 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by micho
they do have a guy, but thats gonna cost extra. he said they can do it no problem but itll cost us. I also must explain that he was talking about making a preview for the guys that arent sure, that was without the reqd 10 for the buy......just a preview and no buy lined up....AGAIN they are a business and they arent gonna do a rendering for free.
They want to charge $1,000 for an in-house guy to PS? Something smells like roting fish.

Old 05-23-2008 | 04:00 PM

no offense but they won't do a rendering without $1000 up front? LOL yes they are a business but a rendering doesn't cost anything in material and any artist worth anything can do a rough one in an hour or two. So he charges more than a Beverly hills attorney an hour and you can bet that is non refundable should we not like the design. Will he. Charge us another 1k for another? Dubious

Old 05-23-2008 | 08:43 PM
Forum Regular

I think I am just going to order the R1700 Skirts and the SRT6 bumper. It ends up around $700. I definately like how this one came out.

R1700 AMG Skirts
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail...._cd/RI70020-21

SRT Bumber
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0

Old 05-23-2008 | 08:55 PM
FP

But don't you have to modify the AMG skirt to fit the XF?

Old 05-24-2008 | 04:14 AM

wow you guys are making a really big deal about this. This thread is for the group buy of a custom kit, if you dont like it then post somewhere else. Personally, designing our own kit is better than relying on someone elses ideas. my god you guys are all wanting something that was already photoshoped by one of our members anyways...gees kinda ironic. But now that we can get a kit made to whatever we want you guys bash it based on what? If you have such bad feelings call the company, talk to them yourselves, pretty proffessional once you talk to them. Dont just bash what i try to relay to the board for those WHO want a custom kit made. Go start a thread for your side skirts that need modifying and so on, this is for a group by of a custom kit. If they charge so much or dont have a render guy who really cares, my only concern is that they are good fabricators in the SHOP.... THE POINT IS THEY CAN FAB UP ANYTHING WE SEND THEM.....WHO CARES WHAT THEY WOULD PREPARE FOR A PREVIEW...ITS A CUSTOM KIT!!!

Last edited by micho; 05-24-2008 at 04:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bkoz412 (07-10-2023)
Old 05-24-2008 | 05:26 AM
FP

Micho is right. He's trying to coordinate a group buy for a full custom job. Many of us just want the AMG skirts and we can discuss in another thread. I can start another thread for that. My apologies Micho for my disruption to your thread.

Old 05-24-2008 | 09:51 AM

my apologies micho, you should get what you want.

Old 05-24-2008 | 09:59 AM

FP and Mayaman,

You show the class acts you are by apologizing for allowing the thread to go off topic and offering to correct it.

Micho,

Do your best to keep your personal expenses down, but keep up the good work. We can't have enough new ideas!

Old 05-24-2008 | 10:09 AM
Banned

I think a custom side and possible rear and front would be great also we can ask to make the side slightly lower than the stock slk/amg look, and alittle more pronounced shape like koreas' modified ones. ok?

Old 05-24-2008 | 11:15 AM

Micho, you got my message, but I do agree, I would like bolt on, but either way, I am in...I am lucky to have friends in the body shop business that will make anything work...Doc

Old 05-24-2008 | 11:34 AM

Borican, just a word of advice. You'll notice that the Rieger skirts are SUBSTANTIALLY lower than both the front and rear bumper. You will have to do something to balance that out or your car will look funny. I think that is why he added the splitters under the SRT front bumper. To visually bring down the front to match the sides.

Don't just look at something as an add on but look at the balance, the total look on the car.

good luck

Old 05-24-2008 | 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
But don't you have to modify the AMG skirt to fit the XF?
yeah that's what I heard. I looks good though. A looks like it's worth it though. I really like the kits in the pics And will get one if they are ready by the time I go ahead decide on the buying the pieces and paint. Anytime you mod a car you will have to cut and paste a little you know.

Hey Micho, not trying to bust your *****. You doing good. Like I said I'm in too, I just like the AMG skirts. I definately like the bumbers. I know I have to buy the whole kit though.

Last edited by BORICAN; 05-24-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-24-2008 | 04:31 PM

wow i was really taken back from the responses. this really is more than a forum but like a group of good buddies....thanks for the msgs. I really do believe that this can work, and if it cant ill try my hardest to get to the point where we realize that it cant be done. Im a very determined person and once i set my sights on something i dont stop.....WE WILL GET A CUSTOM KIT MADE and i hope we all enjoy the work we are going to put in to get it, it will be worth it.

Old 05-24-2008 | 05:47 PM

Im interested. I likes the bodykit in pic 1 personally. I think once a final decision has been made on the overall design more people will jump on board.

Old 05-24-2008 | 06:07 PM

this is our car with our kit on a quick photoshop by me. im by no means a pro but you get the idea.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MODIFIED-WITH-OUR-KIT.jpg (57.2 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by micho; 05-24-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2008 | 07:22 PM
FP

Micho, while I like it, it might be too low for street use. Can it come up a bit?

Quick Reply: Found a place for a bodykit. Must be group buy.