Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Found a place for a bodykit. Must be group buy.

Old 05-21-2008 | 03:57 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Found a place for a bodykit. Must be group buy.

i don't see anything on the site about a crossfire and i would def. have to see everything before hand.

Old 05-21-2008 | 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by micho
the 3 thumbnail pics from the first page. the group so far seems to want the bumper from pic 2 and sideskirts from pic 1.
That bumper is great for the track. But, city streets will tear it up.

Old 05-22-2008 | 06:21 PM
FP

Originally Posted by SRT6 Dan
If you can get 5, I might do the other 5 for you.
Dan, if you have a way of getting these made, why don't you work on the SLK skirts some of us are interested in. You have at least five here expressing interest, and we already know what they look like.

Old 05-22-2008 | 06:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FP
Dan, if you have a way of getting these made, why don't you work on the SLK skirts some of us are interested in. You have at least five here expressing interest, and we already know what they look like.
I can ! are you 5 ready to purchase this SLK skirt for your crossfires I would accept deposits. The SLK skirt is how much? $240+ - would you be willing to pay the same?

Old 05-22-2008 | 06:39 PM
FP

Originally Posted by FP
I can ! are you 5 ready to purchase this SLK skirt for your crossfires I would accept deposits. The SLK skirt is how much? $240+ - would you be willing to pay the same?
I would as long as it's made for the XF and I don't have to modify it, and it looks like the one Maya has a photoshop on his car.
AMGskirtsStartechfront-1.jpg

Last edited by FP; 05-22-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2008 | 06:47 PM
Banned

has any one tried this on a crossfire? it may fit already?

Old 05-22-2008 | 06:51 PM
FP

has any one tried this on a crossfire? it may fit already?
Check with mayaman. He's been the one looking at this for a long time. Oh, also the Startech rear spoiler.

Old 05-22-2008 | 10:09 PM
Cool Re: Found a place for a bodykit. Must be group buy.

One of members Xfirecorea has done this , but with some professional modification. See thebthread below.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=18666

Old 05-22-2008 | 11:29 PM

Dan, I am ready to purchase this SLK skirt for my crossfires. When do you need the deposit?
________
Nexium Lawyers

Last edited by boricua1; 08-20-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2008 | 01:40 AM

Yes I am ready to purchase. One thing though, you MUST use the 2000 AMG skirt as a template. The 2001 to 2002 AMG skirt changed and is much wimpier and not as pronounced on the "cut". In other words the rear part of the skirt doesn't stick out as much and looks like crap because the whole "xfire" effect that matches the fender is lost. It looks crappy.

side by side you can tell the difference between the skirts.

The AMG originals and the copies made for the SLK will fit but are not bolt on at all, they have to be modified. I want a bolt on solution to this skirt. I will purchase day one.

Here are pics of exactly what we're looking for. Notice the way the skirt cuts out in the front and rear and pinches at the "cross" mimicking the "cross" in the fender.

Last edited by MAYAman; 05-23-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-23-2008 | 03:34 AM

I'd also be interested in the skirts if they were made to fit a x-fire at that price.

Old 05-23-2008 | 05:28 AM
Arc

Yeah I think the skirts would be awsome. The srt6 bumber and those skirts would make our xfires look amazing.

Old 05-23-2008 | 05:40 AM

before we all go putting on slk skirts and almost identical bumpers on our cars dont you guys wanna wait on word about an actual kit made for our cars? this thread is barely a week old, lets see what they come up with. 245+ for skirts that arent made for our cars compared to 675 for a complete kit that will change the look of our cars big time, id take the kit personally. Im just asking to give these guys some time to get back to us about getting us a preview, thats why i started this thread to begin with. What do you think?

Old 05-23-2008 | 05:44 AM

I would buy it.

Old 05-23-2008 | 05:48 AM

before we all go putting on slk skirts and almost identical bumpers on our cars dont you guys wanna wait on word about an actual kit made for our cars? this thread is barely a week old, lets see what they come up with. 245+ for skirts that arent made for our cars compared to 675 for a complete kit that will change the look of our cars big time, id take the kit personally. Im just asking to give these guys some time to get back to us about getting us a preview, thats why i started this thread to begin with. What do you think?
Not if Dan can do the SLK skirts for $240 or so. I have my doubts about those guys:

Originally Posted by Shawnkey
I have heard many bad things about bodykits.org. Problems about products not being racieved, and if the were, being broken when they got there. A lot of times they say they have a body kit for a car, but it is a photoshop, with no actual design or template made.

Old 05-23-2008 | 06:19 AM
Arc

I would like to see what they could come up with but there is the proplem of.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnkey
I have heard many bad things about bodykits.org. Problems about products not being racieved, and if the were, being broken when they got there. A lot of times they say they have a body kit for a car, but it is a photoshop, with no actual design or template made.

Old 05-23-2008 | 06:38 AM

i tried googling problems with bodykit.org and came up with nothing. try it yourself. But just like ANY thing out there, there will always be someone somewhere that had a bad experience with something. But if they were that bad of a company it would be all over google. so iwouldnt worry about that. im willing to wait to see what they come up with.

Old 05-23-2008 | 06:49 AM

i tried googling problems with bodykit.org and came up with nothing. try it yourself. But just like ANY thing out there, there will always be someone somewhere that had a bad experience with something. But if they were that bad of a company it would be all over google. so iwouldnt worry about that. im willing to wait to see what they come up with.
I guess the first one to come up with the real deal that most people like will get the $$. Keep working it but I won't bank on them.

Old 05-23-2008 | 07:22 AM

The SLK skirts sure would look good on the SRT. Hmmmmmmm.....

MikeR

Old 05-23-2008 | 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
One of members Xfirecorea has done this , but with some professional modification. See thebthread below.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=18666
I personnally like this one better that has the flair on the front and rear.

Quick Reply: Found a place for a bodykit. Must be group buy.