Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Startech ROOF SPOILER: Group Buy

Old 05-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Startech ROOF SPOILER: Group Buy

TVT Design, going back to my question: If we got more people on the list would the price go down at all?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:48 AM
TVT_DESIGN

The more people that get on the list, yes the cheaper it will be.

There is $30.00 built into each price for shipping from Germany. Total shipping is 150.00. THe more people the more the 150.00 will be spread out.

Anthony

Old 05-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

bumpity bump bump

Old 08-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GTS Windguard for sunroofs.Part# GT90109 Looks Sooooo Good on our back windows. There made of extra dark tinted plastic that matches our rear glass. 3M tape on and has gone thru 6 months of car washes and 130MPH Freeway. autoaccessories4less.com for $44.99.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Forum Regular

also says backordered 8 weeks. got any pictures??

Justin

Old 08-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
GTS Windguard for sunroofs.Part# GT90109 Looks Sooooo Good on our back windows. There made of extra dark tinted plastic that matches our rear glass. 3M tape on and has gone thru 6 months of car washes and 130MPH Freeway. autoaccessories4less.com for $44.99.
Can you post a link? The site has no search and I can't find it.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Can you post a link? The site has no search and I can't find it.
I think this is it.

http://spoilers4less.stores.yahoo.ne...deflector.html

Old 08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Forum Regular

It's beyond me why anyone would pay good $$ to mess up the beautiful lines of the Crossfire. Just leave it alone. It's perfect as it is. Sorry. Had to say it.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:54 AM

I have always been a fan of upper rear window spoilers on euro cars, esp VW's and Bimmers! But that price is ridiculous! Idc who's making them.. (and I'm not attacking TVT_DESIGN who is simply hooking us up). I would expect to pay that amount primed, color matched and cleared.

Although I like the intuition with the "GTS Windgard Sunroof Wind Deflector," I fear it will look chincy..I'd like to see some installed pics? Does anyone have any install pictures of either aside from the mfg image?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:18 PM

please note that startech have only 4 rear roof wings in stock. if they are sold, they are no longer available. also the production tool for the front spoiler is broken by startech. the startech front spoilers are no longer available.

we try to made our own rear roof wing if you are interested in.

tino

Old 09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a shame this part is so expensive. It looks like something that could be purchased at a relatively inexpensive price if it was produced on a mass scale (obviously nothing aftermarket is produced on a mass scale for the xfire). I have always thought the roof spoiler looked great but I would never order from Startech for obvious reasons of price and practicality. It seems to me that a part of this size could be custom produced for much cheaper in the states than it would be importing it from Startech. I am not saying I have the ability to get this done but if any forum members are so inclined it could be a great moneymaking product! And to TVT, I don't know what your capabilities are (in regards to manufacturing physical exterior mods)... and I also don't know what the cost of designing something like the rear spoiler is... however I know of many forum members interested in an affordable rear spoiler OR OEM looking side skirts at a reasonable price! If these were ever manufactured for a reasonable price within the US I would definitely purchase.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:46 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by mrobinso
Its a shame this part is so expensive. It looks like something that could be purchased at a relatively inexpensive price if it was produced on a mass scale (obviously nothing aftermarket is produced on a mass scale for the xfire). I have always thought the roof spoiler looked great but I would never order from Startech for obvious reasons of price and practicality. It seems to me that a part of this size could be custom produced for much cheaper in the states than it would be importing it from Startech. I am not saying I have the ability to get this done but if any forum members are so inclined it could be a great moneymaking product! And to TVT, I don't know what your capabilities are (in regards to manufacturing physical exterior mods)... and I also don't know what the cost of designing something like the rear spoiler is... however I know of many forum members interested in an affordable rear spoiler OR OEM looking side skirts at a reasonable price! If these were ever manufactured for a reasonable price within the US I would definitely purchase.
Limited market and affordable price don't belong in the same sentence.

With performance mods at least you can branch out to Mercedes clients, but with body mods you are very very limited on your market. Figure about 1% of total models built would be interested in your product and 1% of those would actually buy it.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I assumed as much. If only there was a way to get a 'honda civic' type market for aftermarket parts without having a Crossfire on every street corner. Of course I suppose you pay a price for exclusivity rights - be it in repairs or after market parts. Its too bad we don't have a Startech type company located in the US.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Forum Regular

Has anyone found these in a cheaper price?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CTD-Germany.com
please note that startech have only 4 rear roof wings in stock. if they are sold, they are no longer available. also the production tool for the front spoiler is broken by startech. the startech front spoilers are no longer available.

we try to made our own rear roof wing if you are interested in.

tino
Oh man you guys missed out on the Startech front spoiler. Sucks.

*hugs his*

Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's a group buy going on now for the AMG side skirts. If enough members really wanted a rear roof spoiler,I'm sure this supplier would make this easy project. .. Don

Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
There's a group buy going on now for the AMG side skirts. If enough members really wanted a rear roof spoiler,I'm sure this supplier would make this easy project. .. Don
THe more the marrier, we will have pricing for everything on MON, when I say everything I mean everything. Every aftermarket fiberglass piece you can think of.