Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Recent Troubles... Need Input...

Old 04-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recent Troubles... Need Input...

Well I have ran into a few issues as of late and have found them to be rather uncommon to the crossfire, but if anyone has delt with your input would be very much appreciated...

The First one is an Issue with the hood staying up after being opened... Well I open the hood and it no longer stays up with the pressure pump, but the pressure pump seams to be moving quite smoothly, but it just no longer holds the hood open... any idea? am I missing something?

The Second issue is when the vent is turned on by either heater or air coniditoning.. when it is just slightly turned on.. it would randomly blow a lot of air than little again... and it seams as it has began to self regulate just how much air conditioning, heating the car needs... hehe... any ideas?

Old 04-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Recent Troubles... Need Input..

The vent issue is a mystery.
Does the hood start to come down slowly or does it not stay up & all?
Either way I think it's time to score a new hood strut!

Old 04-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Recent Troubles... Need Input..

Hood struts not holding the hood up is a common issue on Chrysler product and in general. It is more noticeable in cold weather and may improve as it get warmer as the remaining gas inside the strut expands. Anyway, its probably leaking at the seal and will need to be replaced. LOL at the other gremlin

Old 04-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Recent Troubles... Need Input...

The Second issue is when the vent is turned on by either heater or air coniditoning.. when it is just slightly turned on.. it would randomly blow a lot of air than little again... and it seams as it has began to self regulate just how much air conditioning, heating the car needs... hehe... any ideas?[/QUOTE]

This exact issue happened with my car- the air conditioner/ heater would blow randomly, after a while it just stopped completely- I took it to the dealership and had the issue fixed under warranty, they replaced three things: the dash control unit, the blower motor and the resistor- At first they just replaced the control unit and it didn't fix the issue, so I took it back and they replaced the blower motor and resistor, so I don't know if it was a combination of all 3 or the just replacing the last two parts- If your not under warranty, I would make sure they were positive, before they start replacing parts, their expensive-

Old 04-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Recent Troubles... Need Input...

thanks fellas... I guess I will have a talk with my chrysler tech in that case as it seams I can't take of these problems on my own...

the second one does not really bother me much.. it shows no signs as if it is about to die, it just randomly decides how much heat or ac to give me....

I thought the first one would be simpler but i guess not