Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

It would seem that there is alot of confusion on this subject. I'm sure some of you guys know about this, but there are a lot that don't. If you own a 2005 Crossfire that is still under the factory warranty, regardless if you bought it new or not, you are entitled to this benefit. I have recently heard of several instances where dealers have denied this service or fained ignorance to its existence. It also doesn't matter what you bring the car in for. Even if you are dropping it off for an oil change or alignment, you get a car to drive PERIOD! If they won't do it, show them this brochure. Another way that can find proof of its existence is to run a VIP summary report on the car(which they are required to do anyway, this is what shows open recalls, warranty coverage, warranty repairs etc through DCX's internal network)). The VIP report clearly shows this Service Contract in the reports Extended Warranty/Service Contract section. I hope this helps you guys out. The only restriction to this is the visit must be pre-scheduled. I have saved these scans into the Official Crossfire Pictures section of the Forum Gallery for easy reference.

Last edited by NeverEnough; 10-23-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

You are a very, very good man!

Kudos.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Default Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

Glad I could help. I'll try and do the same thing for a VIP summary Report as well, so you can see what one looks like. These reports are not supposed to be shared with the public by the dealer, so 99% of you have probably never seen one before.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

WOW, I'll go ahead and let you post that.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 AM

Let me post what? I'll get this stickied into the Crossfire Documentation thread in the SRT-6 section. I'll get the VIP up tonight sometime.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Forum Regular

I haven't got up the guts to paste anything off of DCX as of yet. Do you still work for a Chrysler dealer? It is kind amazing to see how many people on this board are in the dark about so many things. I've only been with this dealer (And the car business) for about 2 years, and I feel really good about what we are doing. But I still get a kick out of being able to try to help out when I can.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this service extend to the 06's & 07's or only to the 04' & 05's? Or should I just thank my lucky stars I got a good deal on a 2006. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Seoman
Does this service extend to the 06's & 07's or only to the 04' & 05's? Or should I just thank my lucky stars I got a good deal on a 2006. Thanks.
The information I was provided for specifically for 2005 models. I can't say if newer or older models are covered or not. Perhaps todK64 can check that for us.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by todk64
I haven't got up the guts to paste anything off of DCX as of yet. Do you still work for a Chrysler dealer? It is kind amazing to see how many people on this board are in the dark about so many things. I've only been with this dealer (And the car business) for about 2 years, and I feel really good about what we are doing. But I still get a kick out of being able to try to help out when I can.
I no longer work for a DCX Dealer, so I don't care what their policies are at this point. The one I will post is actually the one for my personal car that was supplied to me by a friend working for a dealership that has access to the DCX system. I will of course black out all personal information about myself, but leave the content for your guys to review. The VIP report and the dealer order guides on DealerConnect is actually wear I was able to get the full list of option codes that have already been posted in the Documentation sticky in the SRT-6 Section. I don't mind spreading dealer "secrets" now that I am a disgruntled ex-employee. Nothing bad about DCX, but the dealer I worked for can S*** ** ****! What are they gonna do? FIRE ME?

Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Forum Regular

Did some research, it only went up to 2005, '06 doesn't have it. I also found out that it also depends where the car came from. The Executive lease cars were exempt. The Inventory reduction cars are also not included. It had to be a private party direct retail sale or lease. This shows up at the bottom of the DCX page when you bring it in to service. The best thing to do would be to give the last 8 of your VIN and current miles when you ask about this service while making your appointment.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the extra information Tod. I look forward to seeing that VIP report as well NeverEnough. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Did some research, it only went up to 2005, '06 doesn't have it. I also found out that it also depends where the car came from. The Executive lease cars were exempt. The Inventory reduction cars are also not included. It had to be a private party direct retail sale or lease. This shows up at the bottom of the DCX page when you bring it in to service. The best thing to do would be to give the last 8 of your VIN and current miles when you ask about this service while making your appointment.
Hmmm, interesting...

The VIP report says that Executive Lease car and Inventory Reduction Cars are not included? I was under the impression that it wouldn't show up at all on the VIP if the car didn't qualify. The original owner of my car was Chrysler and it was used as a Retired Executive Lease. I have verified this on the with the VIP and CarFax. I've already used this service once with no problems. Maybe cause mine was leased to "retired" executive... Oh, and just for clarification I received the above scanned information directly from Chrysler by mail about 2 weeks after I purchased the car.

Last edited by NeverEnough; 10-23-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM

Ok, I updated the original post with more documentation on the Loaner Car Program. Here are the scans of the VIP report that I promised. Sorry for the poor quality. It was originally faxed to me, so it was the best I could do.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:24 PM

One more.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 PM

Did some research, it only went up to 2005, '06 doesn't have it.
So it applies to 04's too?

Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular

It only goes with the car during the original 3/36 warranty. So... If you own a 2004 that isn't quite 3 years old yet, and has less than 36,000 miles, you're cool. As I mentioned before, unless it shows up at the bottom of the computer on DCX, they're not going to give it to you. This is why you need to mention it before hand when you make your appointment.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Unhappy Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

This is the response I got from an email to Customer Care:

Dear Max,
Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center seeking information on the Chrysler Premium Care Plan on your 2005 Chrysler Crossfire.
I have researched found that the plan that you have mentioned is now discontinued and is no longer available. I do apologize for the issue.
Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,
Holly

Senior Staff Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 16869448
EMAIL CASE NUMBER: 1857303
REPLY LINK:
http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_forms/us/reply.jsp?trk_ID=KMM5230650I25261L0KM&

Old 10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Forum Regular

WOW, it just keeps getting better. The program is still in place as long as it is with your car and you are still under your factory warranty. Give me your last 8 of the Vin and miles and I'll be glad to check your car for you.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:20 PM

2005 Roadster VIN xxxxxxxxx5X058053

11,700 miles now.
10,700 when purchased at Mike Patton Chrysler / Ken Boggs Chrysler Opelika, Alabama.

They changed names 3 weeks ago.

Also, I spoke to a nice young man at Chrysler Customer Care who looked up my service record and saw that my 7,000 mile "A" service was never performed.
The dealer stated they did this service before delivery to me.
The FSS has been reset.
My ? Mobil1 ? oil is dark and murky.
I put 1,000 mixed miles on it in 6 weeks.
I was wondering if you could look up this info for me???

You are a good man for going to this much trouble for us all. Thanks.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Forum Regular

It shows your car is active in the Alternate Transportation - Premium Care 3/36 which is good through April 29th, 2009.

I don't see anything about the last service, but your car did have this done:

Boggs Chrysler = Recall work done @ 10,600 miles on 9/25
Palace Chrysler = Cupholder warranty @ 6,300 miles on 2/26/07
Palace Chrysler = Air Condition Recharge / Leak down Test @ 1,166 miles 5/25/06

Quick Reply: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.