Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

Todd,
Thanks again for going to all this trouble. I drove to Boggs and asked the service writer about Chrysler not having the "A" service or the 10,700 oil change on their records. His assistant piped up that "since it was a used car, they don't get reimbursed from Chrysler. So there was no point in entering the data in Chryslers' database, just the dealerships".
I find this to be a poor answer.
My Tahoe was purchased "used"-as a demo (3,900 miles). Every visit, question and oil change and tire rotation was religiously entered and can be seen by any other dealership, GM, Buick etc., no matter where the service was performed.
Can you comment on this or would you be stepping on toes?
The only alternative they offered was to receive my next "free" oil change early. I have a spot of trouble trusting them.

Once again, thanks.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

I have an inventory reduction SRT-6 and received a complimentary Premium Care service contract from Chrysler. My dealer provides a rental car for any service with no questions ever. I've driven a 300 and a Grand Cherokee, so no leftover Neon yet.

edit: removed attachments - I didn't notice the letter and service contract docs were posted already by NeverEnough.

Last edited by PowerOn; 10-24-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
It would seem that there is alot of confusion on this subject. I'm sure some of you guys know about this, but there are a lot that don't. If you own a 2005 Crossfire that is still under the factory warranty, regardless if you bought it new or not, you are entitled to this benefit. I have recently heard of several instances where dealers have denied this service or fained ignorance to its existence. It also doesn't matter what you bring the car in for. Even if you are dropping it off for an oil change or alignment, you get a car to drive PERIOD! If they won't do it, show them this brochure. Another way that can find proof of its existence is to run a VIP summary report on the car(which they are required to do anyway, this is what shows open recalls, warranty coverage, warranty repairs etc through DCX's internal network)). The VIP report clearly shows this Service Contract in the reports Extended Warranty/Service Contract section. I hope this helps you guys out. The only restriction to this is the visit must be pre-scheduled. I have saved these scans into the Official Crossfire Pictures section of the Forum Gallery for easy reference.

Which model years does this apply to ?

RP

Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, guys I have one for you, mine shows listed as a "Marketing / Public Relations Vehicle". I was told that I had like 18 months left on the original warranty and I also purchased 6 year 70,000 Premium care extended warranty. This is a copy of the VIP report that I was given by the dealer. I was told when I asked for the free luggage that I was the second owner even though I received a certificate of origin vs a title to the car, never titled.

So what am I entitled to if I need service?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
equipment list.pdf (8.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DP XFIRE
Ok, guys I have one for you, mine shows listed as a "Marketing / Public Relations Vehicle". I was told that I had like 18 months left on the original warranty and I also purchased 6 year 70,000 Premium care extended warranty. This is a copy of the VIP report that I was given by the dealer. I was told when I asked for the free luggage that I was the second owner even though I received a certificate of origin vs a title to the car, never titled.

So what am I entitled to if I need service?
Is that all they gave you for the VIP Report? There should be at least 5 pages that show the In-Service Date, Warranty Coverage's(even extended ones), previous owner etc...

If you got a Certificate of Origin and not a title, then it has NEVER BEEN REGISTERED and you are technically the 1st owner. Now the Warranty In-Service date could have been started already. Also, a Carfax will show if it was registered before. If it was running around with a Michigan Manufacture plate, then it wasn't registered...

I would say you should get the luggage.

I posted another Thread that shows a complete VIP Report. Check it out.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Forum Regular

My fathers SRT-6 had either 9 or 11 miles on it when I got it for him in June. It was sitting in a holding yard in Michigan for 2 years. It was never owned by anyone. Guess What, NO LUGGAGE. Here is the big thing to remember. Original Retail Purchase or Lease.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Forum Regular

I put up the post about the Max Care Extended Warranty.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:47 PM

Yes that is all the pages that I received on the VIP statement. Been there done that on the luggage and lost the battle, got some off e-bay so life goes on. I will still told by Chrysler I was considered the second owner, just want to know how that effects the warranty that I have. I was told that I have about 18 months of the original 3-36,000 bumper to bumper. From this forum I have read that there are different benefits for the second owner dealing with warranty issues. That is my real question.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Thumbs up Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Todd,
Thanks again for going to all this trouble. I drove to Boggs and asked the service writer about Chrysler not having the "A" service or the 10,700 oil change on their records. His assistant piped up that "since it was a used car, they don't get reimbursed from Chrysler. So there was no point in entering the data in Chryslers' database, just the dealerships".
I find this to be a poor answer.
My Tahoe was purchased "used"-as a demo (3,900 miles). Every visit, question and oil change and tire rotation was religiously entered and can be seen by any other dealership, GM, Buick etc., no matter where the service was performed.
Can you comment on this or would you be stepping on toes?
The only alternative they offered was to receive my next "free" oil change early. I have a spot of trouble trusting them.

Once again, thanks.
As an aside...

If I hatch my engine, Couldn't Chrysler look at my service record (non-existent) and say "Well, you never changed your oil! Tough cookies for you!?"

If you ask that it be entered, would a service writer enter it on your VIP report that such and such service was performed on such and such date-non warranty?

Makes sense to me...

Old 10-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Forum Regular

At a minimum, I would keep your records. That way if you did get put into a spot you would have some kind of records to back you up. From now on, I would just ask to have all work documented in the system.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:43 AM

Thank you, Mr. Kitchen, I'll take your advice and run with it!
I haven't had to do that since my '85 Grand Am. Darn it!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

I NEVER HAD TO USE MY CPCLCP FOR MY '04 COUPE I HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO ON MY '05 SRT6 EITHER.
NOTE THE '04 - '05 HAD 7/70,000 ON THEM AND 06'S DID NOT.
THAT'S ON SRT6'S ALSO.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Forum Regular

We got the premium care package when we bought the SRT-6 years ago, an '05. They gave us a pretty decent deal on the package, all things considered. And, we've used the rental car several times now with no hassle. Now that the Xfire is discontinued, and parts may become rare over time, I suppose it will have increased value for any owner, as it is transferable too...

Old 11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Smile Re: Chrysler Premium Care Loaner Car Program. Here's truth to stop the confusion.

I bought my 2007 last month and paid $200 extra from River Oaks Chrysler for use of a loner car for any service. Not sure if it was the right thing to do but I have a contract so know I am Covered.

Cheers,
George

Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Forum Regular

BUMP

This is needed. Again, people just need info!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Forum Regular

Would be good to find out if the terms are still honored by Chrysler's "new" owner Cerberus. Somewhere in the fine print, it may say "Daimler Chrysler" authorizes the use of rental cars, yadda this, yadda that...Trouble is "Daimler Chrysler" no longer exists.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 PM

Ok, I have a 2005 xfire that I bought used...its 3/36k warranty has not ran out yet. I went in for service at Plant Dodge and Chrysler in Miami FL a few days ago and was told that they never heard of the Premium Care Plan being standard on the 05 xfires and hence refused a free loaner. Furthermore, when I called Chrysler they too told me they never heard of such a thing and that if I didnt purchase the "loaner option" at time of purchase than indeed my car wouldn't have such an option....they said my VIP ticked didnt show an option either. Chrysler wants proof...but they wont take anything from this forums website. Does anyone know where I can get an official web page or hardcopy of the "premium care being standard on 2005 xfires"?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:47 PM

All,

I know this is a bit off topic but is there anyone out there that can provide me with a copy of my VIP report? The dealer refused to acknowledge it existence today and I'm curious to see what is on it considering I am taking it in for service shortly. Thank you!