Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Another one bites the dust. Me

Old 09-06-2007 | 12:27 AM
Default Re: Another one bites the dust. Me

Mine is the DD and I easily put on 80 miles a day. I look for excuses to drive it because its so much fun. Since it gets a lot better gas mileage than my Dak did, I've found so far it to be a cost efficient vehicle to use as the DD. The oil change appears to be more, but when you have to change less often because you can go farther between changes, the cost eventually comes out fairly even in my opinion.

I am a little concerned about driving it in the snow, but I usually haven't needed to do much of that in the past years in Arizona. In case I need to, I'll rent a car when that need arises. So far it stick pretty well to the road in the rain.

Old 09-06-2007 | 12:13 PM

UK Coupe owner here. Done 60k in the last two years in the xfire and nearly all down to DD. Never lost the enthusiasm to drive it and never felt tired or uncomfortable after a long trip.
As for the Dodge...well not my cup of tea as we say here...but that's probably down to a hate of the BMW X5 or rather the drivers of them. Anything that seems to resemble an X5 is therefore treated with equal distain.

That said I hope you have many years of happy motoring out of it.

Don't forget to keep visiting the forum.

Old 09-06-2007 | 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
Ah, I see what you mean. My DD is my 2000 F150 with 110,000 miles and also gets terrible gas mileage. I'll keep driving until it dies though. :-) Have you thought about further streamlining by replacing both the Forester and Scion with a vehicle that does the job of both? Maybe an all wheel drive Highlander or a newer Forester?
My wife and i are both auto enthusiasts. My wife LOVES small and unusual (funky) looking cars, which is why we own a SAAB '96. She loves her Scion and would happily drive it year round. I was the one who insisted on getting her the Forester for when it gets nasty out. She HATES big SUV's with a passion...she even thinks my '98 Grand Cherokee is too big...LOL. The only thing right now that will get her to sell the Scion is the new SMART.

Old 09-06-2007 | 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chris A
UK Coupe owner here. Done 60k in the last two years in the xfire and nearly all down to DD. Never lost the enthusiasm to drive it and never felt tired or uncomfortable after a long trip.
As for the Dodge...well not my cup of tea as we say here...but that's probably down to a hate of the BMW X5 or rather the drivers of them. Anything that seems to resemble an X5 is therefore treated with equal distain.

That said I hope you have many years of happy motoring out of it.

Don't forget to keep visiting the forum.
You are not alone, i hate the X5 also...LOL.

Old 09-06-2007 | 02:49 PM

I miss the '04 coupe I had for over two years and used it as a daily driver, even in the snow. I loved the 27 to 29 MPG it was getting, I miss it real bad when I fill up my current daily driver ('07 GMC 4X4), that only gets 17 MPG. When I bought my SRT 6 I had planned on using it as a daily driver, but when I found out just how rare they are I decided to keep the miles down on it. And also the SRT 6 seems to bring out a little too much testosterone in me and I'd probably end up with some high insurance rates. My wife has only driven the SRT once and she said no way she could drive it, she would loose her license.

Old 09-06-2007 | 05:42 PM

True statement on the testosterone. I've had one ticky (93 in a 70) and have been stopped two other times for quick starts from traffic lights w/o burning tires. They just told me to chill. Unfortunately, my daughter was not so lucky this past week. two tickets in one week. Lost car privileges for 51 days (66/40 and 55/40). No driving the Crossfire one day for each mile over speed limit. This was my punishment. Hasn't gone to court yet, so it could get worse. Da Judge may rip her a new one moreso then I did. I am not too worried about insurance as they will probably not show up on her drivers license via a via attorney handling the case. But, it is going to cost her.

I just can not imagine where she gets the lead foot. Not particularly funny, but she will learn now or she will not be driving for another 8 months. (Turns 18 in May).