Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Carbon Fiber by SRT-6

Old 08-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber by SRT-6

I know this has been an overdue reply since I got it but I have been too busy at work that I just had these installed today.

SRT-6 is true to his testimonials...this is an amazing finish and a must to those who wants to modify their crossfires without looking cheap or ricey!

My hats off to SRT-6 for a job well done and expect more parts from me!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Default Re: Carbon Fiber by SRT-6

beautiful... another fine result...

Old 08-25-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
I know this has been an overdue reply since I got it but I have been too busy at work that I just had these installed today.

SRT-6 is true to his testimonials...this is an amazing finish and a must to those who wants to modify their crossfires without looking cheap or ricey!

My hats off to SRT-6 for a job well done and expect more parts from me!
Thanks for the glowing testimonial, however not to nitpick but, I am not SRT-6. That belongs to another lucky forum member. I be SRT SIX...LOL.

Thanks again, hope to do more with you and others on the forum.

SRT SIX

Old 08-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Forum Regular

whoa whoa whoa hold up how much to coat em i just ordered the rear splitters tonight and did you make that rear panel??? can you do silver cf??? on my interior pieces??? oh man the thought is creating a tent in my pants!!!

Old 08-26-2007, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by irwin
whoa whoa whoa hold up how much to coat em i just ordered the rear splitters tonight and did you make that rear panel??? can you do silver cf??? on my interior pieces??? oh man the thought is creating a tent in my pants!!!
$140 plus shipping and handling for the CF finish. The ones shown are the black CF. Yes, we can do silver. The panel by the license plate I believe Cyril "borrowed" from one of his own cars, but yes again, I can offer one with matching CF finish to the splitters for $99 plus S&H. PM me if you have any questions.

Karl

Old 08-26-2007, 11:37 AM

Oooppps...I would like to apologize for my mistake SRT SIX. Here's the link to the CF parts: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=15314

Old 08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Holy crap that looks awesome. But my diffuser has been on there almost two years now. How the hell would I take it off without ruining it?

Old 08-26-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Holy crap that looks awesome. But my diffuser has been on there almost two years now. How the hell would I take it off without ruining it?
I haven't checked the hardware mounting on the OEM diffuser. Isn't it held on with screws and maybe double sided tape? If so, it should be no problem.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Forum Regular

ok i am doing a custom center console and was debating what color i should paint it... then i saw this i think silver cf would be awesome. you can do it over fiber glass and what not i'm sure if you can do it over plastic. so how much for the whole center console, the plastic piece above the gauges, all the vents, the plastic surrounds around the door handles and nope that's it for now total and how long would that take???

edit... and other than cf what do you have maybe brushed aluminum buy chance please please please!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:33 AM

ok i am doing a custom center console and was debating what color i should paint it... then i saw this i think silver cf would be awesome. you can do it over fiber glass and what not i'm sure if you can do it over plastic. so how much for the whole center console, the plastic piece above the gauges, all the vents, the plastic surrounds around the door handles and nope that's it for now total and how long would that take???

edit... and other than cf what do you have maybe brushed aluminum buy chance please please please!!!
All right time to concur up your old math skills. The cost is appx .50 per sq inch. You cannot deduct "holes". For example when figuring the console think about the shift indicator surround. It is just basically a ring, but you have to look at it as a solid piece. Anything less than 60 Sq inches will be considered as 60. There is a lot of prep and the material can not be cut out and used again.

The process covers just about any surface, any shape. We can do wood grains and although I only list black, silver, red and blue for the CF...well we can do just about any color you want. If it is a color we have to match and we don't have it on hand, we would have to charge whatever it costs to get that base color. My techs have been doing this and other custom work for years.

If you have been checking out the modder mags (look at Modified Luxury Exotics magazine) you will see some color matching of components in the car to the color outside. Can we do that, you bet. The finish is auto grade with a clearcoat finish. I posted in another thread, you can get anything you want, if you want to pay for it!

I got involved with all this as a result of my passion for cars and the Crossfire in particular. I want to do what I can to share this vision with the other forum members. To plagiarize a famous politician, "...others see things as they are and ask why. I see things as they could be and ask, why not."

Old 08-27-2007, 03:18 AM

MAYAMAN...mine has been there too since 2004 from my Limited XFIREX! Spray the adhesive tape with Goof Off and after a few minutes unscrew it! If there are any scratches, I think you can fix it by using very fine sandpaper as the CF coat will cover it anyway.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Forum Regular

so is that a no to brushed aluminum???

Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 AM

so is that a no to brushed alluminum???
Nope...no brushed aluminum. Sorry.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Forum Regular

$&#$&#%^$%^&$* i want brushed aluminum not trying to have too many different textures or what not in the same interior and my autometer gauges have the brushed aluminum face and so do the door sill plates... geeeze what to do...

Old 10-06-2007, 11:54 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Karl, sending you my MCS scoop to have it CF'd.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karl, I have bought a center console on Ebay and as soon as I get the last part, I will send them to you. I did this so I wouldn't have to remove mine and could rome and replace everything on the same day. It cost me a couple of hundred, but I think it is worth it in the long run.