Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Chrysler Vids.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Chrysler Vids.

I was wondering if anyone has yet noticed the new CROSSFIRE videos on the Chrysler website. There are definitely fewer, but the few they do have, are new. You can check them out at www.Chrysler.com, and click on Crossfire. They are in all of the "Features" subcategories.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: New Chrysler Vids.

I like the vids, but I think it's funny that they "forgot" to mention the part about Mercedes engineering and how much Mercedes had to do with the inception of the Crossfire, and that the Crossfire is about 80% Mercedes... Go figure...

Old 05-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New Chrysler Vids.

Originally Posted by bigpapapuff
I like the vids, but I think it's funny that they "forgot" to mention the part about Mercedes engineering and how much Mercedes had to do with the inception of the Crossfire, and that the Crossfire is about 80% Mercedes... Go figure...
they always hid the mercedes benz marking on the car... for example why would they place the srt-6 badges on the valve covers or replace the engine cover on both the srt and the n/a version... without doing any modifications to the engine at all... why would they badge the key chrysler when it is a mercedes made key... they never gave the credit to mercedes... and a typical person would never really know...

it is more well known that the lotus elise uses a toyota engine than a crossfire uses a mercedes engine...

O well either way it is way to late to market this car... and it's industrial failure is our success in exclusivity...

Old 05-13-2007, 04:18 AM
Forum Regular

I have only seen it on the 04' Crossfire and they are hidden on the newer ones, but on the sides of the 04's right below the side louvers behind the front tire is a little plaque that says Mercedes Benz powered. On some of the newer ones, (not sure what years) is a sticker under the hood that says the same thing. But I think they should give credit where it is due. That is why I have a personal plate that says MB PWR.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:21 AM

I have only seen it on the 04' Crossfire and they are hidden on the newer ones, but on the sides of the 04's right below the side louvers behind the front tire is a little plaque that says Mercedes Benz powered. On some of the newer ones, (not sure what years) is a sticker under the hood that says the same thing. But I think they should give credit where it is due. That is why I have a personal plate that says MB PWR.
no crossfire ever came with mercedes benz powered plaque those are aftermarket plaques...

Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Forum Regular

My dealer must have put them on. They have been on since day 1. That explains a lot. Thanks for the correction. Now I may have to take em off. I really do appreciate it.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:31 AM
Forum Regular

The more I think about those little black and gold plaques that match the car the more ticked I get. I usually don't get ticked, but I should say Im disappointed. I don't know if the dealer used those plaques as a selling point or not, but I don't think they should have been put on if they were not from the factory. They do look good with the gold lettering, but I don't think it was the right thing to do. Kind of like work ethics (yea I know, car dealers and ethics, oxymoron) at the office. I think I may visit the dealership where I bought the XF on Monday morning and see IF they remember anything about the plaques and why they were put on if they are not factory items. I really don't like it when a car dealer makes me look foolish.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:14 PM

well it is not like he lied to you the car is after all a mercedes now if he put powered by Ferrari.. that would be a little... misinforming...

a lot of forum members actually ordered those plaques and had them installed on their car... I never really liked them that much and bought a mercedes engine cover for the engine.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Forum Regular

Those MB powered badges are from the Dodge Sprinter Van of all vehicles.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs down Re: New Chrysler Vids.

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
Now I think I need a drink and a rope. The rope is for the dealer!

Old 05-14-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
is there any difference between the dodge and mercedes sprinter at all? and by the way they are not very good looking vehicles...

cough... funny how quickly we changed the topic of this thread...

Old 05-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Forum Regular

~ sipping on a margarita thinking about next move~ The Sprinters really are pretty darn ugly. Kind of reminds of a girl friend I had one time... LOL. Nice change of subject...

Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 AM

~ sipping on a margarita thinking about next move~ The Sprinters really are pretty darn ugly. Kind of reminds of a girl friend I had one time... LOL. Nice change of subject...
yea about those sprinters sometimes... more is less... or less is more...