Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

my tune, my dyno, my story...

Old 01-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my tune, my dyno, my story...

Originally Posted by Coyote
Just out of curiosity, why is the price for remapping the SRT cpu nearly
double that of the NA Crossfire? C'mon guys, reprogramming an ECU is
the same no matter what car you are working on. It's just making some
mods to table data. Are you telling me that there are twice as many
table entries to remap on the SRT?

Coyote
By all means, if you want to work with boost/timing/fuel maps on a more expensive and higher liability ECU to replace... it is more difficult to tune a car that's got twice as many mods capable to upgrade than it is another car that isn't. Hell, if it were easy to do, why isn't our software for a Bentley Continental GT 6.8T $400 instead of $2,000?

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-23-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by JP@SI
By all means, if you want to work with boost/timing/fuel maps on a more expensive and higher liability ECU to replace... it is more difficult to tune a car that's got twice as many mods capable to upgrade than it is another car that isn't. Hell, if it were easy to do, why isn't our software for a Bentley Continental GT 6.8T $400 instead of $2,000?
exactly. its just like.

why are stupid oil filters for european cars nearly twice as much as the jap cars.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Advans, like I said I'm in but half of total will be the prudent thing to do. I don't know this person, and anybody sending full payment over the internet for something without guarantee or anything is foolish.

You have interested members here but asking for full deposit before we've even had the ability to test the goods is folly.

Come to New York, do the work, get the rest of the money. It’s like that with any industry. I didn't pay my carpet cleaning guys before they cleaned my carpet. I paid them after they showed me the carpet was clean.

Thanks again.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 PM

OK, check the ENGINE/EXHAUST thread that I have started. The prices, and location are there.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:43 PM

I had planned on getting the setup from Renntech...ECU and Pulley. Now if I get this ECU tune and then get the pulleys in the spring, will I have to re-tune? I have an srt-6.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Advans, like I said I'm in but half of total will be the prudent thing to do. I don't know this person, and anybody sending full payment over the internet for something without guarantee or anything is foolish.

You have interested members here but asking for full deposit before we've even had the ability to test the goods is folly.

Come to New York, do the work, get the rest of the money. It’s like that with any industry. I didn't pay my carpet cleaning guys before they cleaned my carpet. I paid them after they showed me the carpet was clean.

Thanks again.
Your requests have been granted.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by vetofunk
I had planned on getting the setup from Renntech...ECU and Pulley. Now if I get this ECU tune and then get the pulleys in the spring, will I have to re-tune? I have an srt-6.
Give me a few minutes to create a thread that summarizes everything in one long post - even the group buy stuff... It'll take me a while, so patience please. But hopefully, this will organize everything.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

JP, wasn't my intent to ruffle your feathers. Just curious. BTW, maybe not
for automotive ECUs, but I write a lot of code for my living, so don't
assume I have no knowledge of what you are doing to remap the ECU.
And I know your work needs to be precise (or fairly so), but between the
Limited and SRT6 there are not that many additional table entries that
need to be modified (and, yes I'm aware that the blower adds added
complexity). On the other hand, I have a developer that wants to
change me $2 million just to write a relay server for my email system, which
is simply a modification to his existing applications code base... I don't
think he'll get it. However, you've answered my question, so thanks.

Coyote

Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW, I think a more reasonable explanation would be due to the economy
of scale. I.e. there are more potential targets for the non-SRT mod, so cost
should be lower if the item sells.

Coyote

Old 01-23-2007, 06:16 PM

Just wanted to link all of you to an FAQ that hopefully wraps everything up, concisely, into one thread: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13881

Coyote, no worries, feathers need to be ruffled - and to be honest, we get that question all the time. So get on this boat, I know you want to.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Just wanted to link all of you to an FAQ that hopefully wraps everything up, concisely, into one thread: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13881

Coyote, no worries, feathers need to be ruffled - and to be honest, we get that question all the time. So get on this boat, I know you want to.
This sucks, I want to get it but I want to do the under drive pulleys first...grrr, why can't money grow on trees.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GatorLCA
This sucks, I want to get it but I want to do the under drive pulleys first...grrr, why can't money grow on trees.
It will only motivate you to get them later?

Old 01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will get more power from the chip flash.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
you will get more power from the chip flash.
Yeah but the combo of the pulleys with the ECU will gain more than just the ECU. Plus the Pulleys aren't that expensive $370 and I won't have to get the ECU re-flashed to take in consideration of the new pulleys. I'd rather just get it all done at once or rather in order to not spend more money on a separate re-Flash (even if it's a fraction of the cost).

I also have some other priorities at the moment that has my money tied up.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 PM

Yeah but the combo of the pulleys with the ECU will gain more than just the ECU. Plus the Pulleys aren't that expensive $370 and I won't have to get the ECU re-flashed to take in consideration of the new pulleys. I'd rather just get it all done at once or rather in order to not spend more money on a separate re-Flash (even if it's a fraction of the cost).

I also have some other priorities at the moment that has my money tied up.
i don't think a ECU has to be reflashed after pulleys., as I recall, pulleys are just to free some lost horses, the horses that ran home.

i'm getting pulleys after getting the ECU mapped.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by intenseblu
i think you will be ok with current tune + 50 shot ... just don't try to go higher than that ... and take the precautions we spoke about ... you can always run 100 octane when you go to the track to give you that extra measure of safety.
What does this +50 shot mean?

Old 01-23-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by FP
What does this +50 shot mean?
Nitrous... a very temporary burst of unruly power. Be careful, as you could literally be playing with fire for a quick fix.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Not for me.

Thanks

Old 01-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey JP,

We all know that the SRT6 is rated 330 bhp and the C32 is rated 349 bhp. Does you happen to know where that missing 19 hp went and/or is that something that your ECU reprogram regains?

Also, the Evosport ODPS that is sold with your performance package, is that the dampened one? From the discussion on this before, the consensus have been to go with the dampened one.

Thanks,

HB

Old 01-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
Hey JP,

We all know that the SRT6 is rated 330 bhp and the C32 is rated 349 bhp. Does you happen to know where that missing 19 hp went and/or is that something that your ECU reprogram regains?

Also, the Evosport ODPS that is sold with your performance package, is that the dampened one? From the discussion on this before, the consensus have been to go with the dampened one.

Thanks,

HB
How can a Chrysler be faster than a Benz? It can't... hmm let's just detune it...it goes something along these lines. No worries - we can unlock it to its full potential.

Oh - and our pulleys are dampened (your package price includes this).

JP@SI

Quick Reply: my tune, my dyno, my story...