Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

my tune, my dyno, my story...

Old 01-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Re: my tune, my dyno, my story...

X'ed I see your sig and responded in the other thread. That's insane! WHP as in wheel horse power? Crazy.

Does anyone know if this will work for automatics?

What is the risk?

Will the dealer notice?

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x'ed
i've had the chip for six hours and the mod bug has bit me. i'm going to get nos installed next week, a 50 shot. 270 whp should put me somewhere in the low to mid 13's.
awesome, keep two things in mind tho ... the chipping process has raised the timing you run no doubt which makes the car much more susceptible to detonation, so you will need the nitrous tune to be perfect (50 shot ought to be ok still, thats a low number to spread among 6 cylinders) fuel wise ... and two, never run it with traction control active as the kit will be wide open throttle activated and if the traction control pulls throttle on you cause of slip the nitrous will still be spraying causing instant bent rod glory.

i have given a nitrous install serious thought as well and am just figuring out the small details ... such as i want to 100% for sure have it activated by wide open throttle + a window RPM switch to have it only run after 3,500 rpm and shutoff before the rev limiters fuel cut ... eliminating driver error for the most part ...

off to work now, good luck.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by intenseblu
awesome, keep two things in mind tho ... the chipping process has raised the timing you run no doubt which makes the car much more susceptible to detonation, so you will need the nitrous tune to be perfect (50 shot ought to be ok still, thats a low number to spread among 6 cylinders) fuel wise ... and two, never run it with traction control active as the kit will be wide open throttle activated and if the traction control pulls throttle on you cause of slip the nitrous will still be spraying causing instant bent rod glory.

i have given a nitrous install serious thought as well and am just figuring out the small details ... such as i want to 100% for sure have it activated by wide open throttle + a window RPM switch to have it only run after 3,500 rpm and shutoff before the rev limiters fuel cut ... eliminating driver error for the most part ...

off to work now, good luck.
would adding an injector help with that, or what other precautions aside from tuning could
i make? colder plugs? what else?

Old 01-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Forum Regular

would adding an injector help with that, or what other precautions aside from tuning could
i make? colder plugs? what else?
higher octane fuel for when you spray (like the 100 octane from sunoco we get around here) ... colder plugs are a good step... extra injector won't be needed cause you will tune the nitrous kit by upsizing/downsizing the fuel jet it uses to attain a decent air fuel ratio ... don't spray for longer than the 13 seconds it will take to get your 1/4 run in ... allow plenty of time to pass between runs so the cooling system can normalize the engine temps again (this is how we keep our SRT-4 from dieing with the tiny turbo, our EGT's are crazy high) ...

i wish we could use a system like a crane ignition, it could wired it to retard timing on spray, but with the crazy 12 spark plug with individual trigger for each (they fire one after another and alternate who goes first every time) it seems like we are left without such a option ... but again, a 50 shot is not a big deal for a v6 of this size to handle, plus the nitrous has a intercooling effect as well that is beneficial to reducing chances of detonation ... it ought to be fine ... we sprayed a dry 50 shot on our ol' 2.0 dohc non turbo for a year at it was ok even with a mopar ecu that advanced the timing a bunch, and yes we did follow the tips i mentioned ...

a good way to go safely about this is to purchase a inexpensive obd-2 logger ($100 - $150 dollars) that allows you to watch your ignition timing ... run the smallest nitrous jet ... watch the timing, if it starts dropping like crazy, you know the knock sensors are picking up detonation and you ought to back off ... this engine bay has plenty of insulation so you won't hear it, but it sounds like marbles in a tin can, you hear if a few times, and the motor is toast usually ...

also, don't touch dry kits ... wet kit is the way to go (meaning it provides fuel with a extra solenoid and fuel jets, not a fuel pressure rise or injector pulsewidth increase trick) ...

man, work is quiet at this time.

Last edited by intenseblu; 01-18-2007 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:29 AM

so i have to retune my ecu again, basically obsoleting my recent tune, of is it something else all together. i have 0 nitrous knowledge and am too lazy to look on the net, plus, work is slow for you, lol. i have been on srt forums for 2 1/2 years, same name there. i was going to buy one but didn't because of the insurance rates and other factors, but i love the OT over there.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Forum Regular

i think you will be ok with current tune + 50 shot ... just don't try to go higher than that ... and take the precautions we spoke about ... you can always run 100 octane when you go to the track to give you that extra measure of safety.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this ECU tune sounds to good to be true, if anyone has a phone # to speedinnovations would be great.
what is there web site ad. ? also how do I go about getting into the group buy. any info be much appreciated... thanks.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:23 PM

at the bottom.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...&postcount=145

Old 01-18-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ZENMAN34
this ECU tune sounds to good to be true, if anyone has a phone # to speedinnovations would be great.
what is there web site ad. ? also how do I go about getting into the group buy. any info be much appreciated... thanks.
i know it does, but trust me, its definitely true. ask anyone on these forums and they will tell you i'm one of the biggest pain in the *** on this forum.
i wouldn't lie about this, i have been waiting for this for years. i have been on this forum for almost 3 years and this is the most power shown from a mod
ever on this forum.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ZENMAN34
contact jose@speedinnovations.com

also, this east coast group buy is around NY area, if you don't mind driving down and saving yourself a fraction of the cost/and also to check out all the cars that are in this group buy. you're 100% welcomed.

btw, we have a guy from canada driving down.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:21 PM

hi guys,
i'm from canada i would love to get in touch with this person from canada maybe we can set something up.
thanks, tony

Old 01-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by tony sortino
hi guys,
i'm from canada i would love to get in touch with this person from canada maybe we can set something up.
thanks, tony
email jose@speedinnovation.com

Old 01-19-2007, 12:22 AM

Hi guys,

Perhaps I'm a little slow but please clarify things.

The chip in the car was altered, extra performance was found- sounds great.

How does the "group buy" thing work?? Do you just line the cars up outside this guy's door and he alters your chips, one at a time?? Can he duplicate what was done to your chip to a "changeover chip"?? Do we send chips, he changes them, and then get them back??

It all sounds good but I am in Australia so driving to this guy's shop is not an option. The best I've been offered here is a chip that claims a 10% increase in power and torque (give or take) for AUD$1,500 - I think it's pretty rich for such small gains.

I suppose I just want to know if we can get around the geography issue.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so i have to retune my ecu again, basically obsoleting my recent tune, of is it something else all together. i have 0 nitrous knowledge and am too lazy to look on the net, plus, work is slow for you, lol. i have been on srt forums for 2 1/2 years, same name there. i was going to buy one but didn't because of the insurance rates and other factors, but i love the OT over there.
I have seen some guys running a switch on motorcycles and dirt bikes which allows them to switch between a list of 4 different maps programmed on the ECU, you should look into this for you nitrous project. I've seen them on Cannondale Quads. Would be great for passing emissions test and switching between SI's map and a nitrous map.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:32 AM

I just came across this thread and see that there is much talk about a group buy but no list starting. I'm not rushing things, but I'm very interested in doing this. I would just love to be able to get in on a group buy to cut the cost some. $600 doesn't sound like a bad price, but anything cheaper would be much better.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x'ed because of you I MUST HAVE THIS DONE!! It sounds to good to be true, but I don't care anymore it needs to be done.

I'm just wondering a few things, anybody can answer:

1) Is it possible to get the traction control completely off via the ecu (when the button is pressed)?

2) I'm looking into having the evosport under drive pulley installed (shortly) and was wondering if you already have a tune for this set up, because I live 3,000 miles away it is rather difficult for me to stop by for a dyno/tune. Is there a dealer located on the east coast?

3) Now I know this is going to sound a little crazy but here it goes... Is it possible to get the ecu to tune its self to 93+ oct when the traction control is turned off (for that little extra hp)?

Old 01-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Fire
x'ed because of you I MUST HAVE THIS DONE!! It sounds to good to be true, but I don't care anymore it needs to be done.

I'm just wondering a few things, anybody can answer:

1) Is it possible to get the traction control completely off via the ecu (when the button is pressed)?

2) I'm looking into having the evosport under drive pulley installed (shortly) and was wondering if you already have a tune for this set up, because I live 3,000 miles away it is rather difficult for me to stop by for a dyno/tune. Is there a dealer located on the east coast?

3) Now I know this is going to sound a little crazy but here it goes... Is it possible to get the ecu to tune its self to 93+ oct when the traction control is turned off (for that little extra hp)?
The traction control is completely turned off when you deactivate it. But the stability program is always on, so if you go outside the parameters of the on board g-meter it will also cut the engine or activate rear brakes similar to the traction control system.

Last edited by Maxwell; 01-19-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:36 AM

I've sent some PMs out to some members here about the east coast GB. but no responses??

Start a list up guys.

We need to have about 20 before FEB 10, 2007. 20 not just from crossfireforums, but also from mbworld/klasse.

Crossfire coupe/roadsters 3.2V6/Srt-6 PM me for the price and i'll give you the paypal address your supposed to pay. ALL payments have to be received by Feb 10, 2007. Otherwise GB is cancelled, and you'll end up paying double or this chip.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:54 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm very interested, but I'm not a techno-nut. I live in the Midwest, will it be shipped to me, and I need to find someone to install?

Old 01-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
I'm very interested, but I'm not a techno-nut. I live in the Midwest, will it be shipped to me, and I need to find someone to install?
FP, removing the ECU is not that hard, go to the Renntech site and you can print the info off of their site. If you can't find it I have it save on my computer at work, PM me and I can send it to you from work.

Steve

Quick Reply: my tune, my dyno, my story...