Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

2005 Crossfire SRT6 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:46 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2005 Crossfire SRT6 Convertible

Creative Photography. All of those issues were left out of the photographs for a reason. Good from far....Far from good. This one needs to sell on Craiglist....not a good place to sell it here for top buck.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the issues were as bad as claimed you would have seen it in the photos. These are very nice cars that are increasingly difficult to find in this condition with low miles. The owner paid full sticker and has maintained at the dealer. He doesn't need to give it away and has no intention to. If it doesn't sell for a reasonable price he will just keep it.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:34 PM

Old 01-13-2016, 10:35 PM

Old 01-14-2016, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

There was no "tactic" or premeditated plan to try to either lowball or badmouth the car. The car wasn't as described and yes we agreed on a price, and it was a good price that I would have gladly paid had the issues that I spotted not cropped up. Overstated?...O.K. that's your opinion. Where in your description of the car is the info on having the main wiring harness replaced as a result of an alarm issue? Where in your description of the vehicle do you describe the non-OEM cloth top that the owner told me about? I am not, nor would I try to poison your sale but these things need to be disclosed to arrive at the true value and I wish you good luck. That ain't the SRT roadster for me...There will be another...good luck with your sale.

Last edited by Fla_Xfire_SRT; 01-14-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 539 Likes on 367 Posts

First I will say this is the toughest crowd on the internet to sell to.
Most here know these cars very well and know what to look for.
It is not at all uncommon for a member here to report and disclose the condition or findings here once they have inspected any Crossfire being sold anywhere.
This users on this forum are often dependent on feedback from others who inspect a Crossfire.
Many will even appeal to the members here to go check out a Crossfire for sale when they find one they are interested in and live hours or hundreds of miles from the seller.
We don't have any reason to believe that a member here will provide false information so what is reported back here is usually taken into consideration by anyone when deciding on a purchase.
I have been a member here for 8 1/2 years and have seen it all ....good and bad

Old 01-14-2016, 09:22 AM

FLA_Xfire
Complete service history is available from the Dodge dealer where the car was bought and serviced it's whole life. Crossfires are problematic, the point is not what was replaced or fixed but rather that any time the car needed anything the owner took car of it immediately. I'm not certain exactly what was replaced or corrected however the car is considerably nicer (as seen in the additional photos posted) than your description would lead people to believe.

As stated, the car is a 10 year old car, it's not with out its flaws, it was driven for 42K miles.
Your over describing the flaws and nit picking the car has does nothing but discourage others from viewing the car as a whole. If you had no interest in buying the car there really was no reason to bash it.

Valk
Not a hard crowd to sell to at all. If the price is not met to car isn't sold, their loss. Nationwide how many similar cars are for sale???

I'm not angry, like I said it's not my car I really don't care. If the car doesn't sell very close to the asking price both the owner and I agree that considering the rarity of the model/options and all the money he has spent on the car that he should just keep it.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Objective appraisals of condition are a service to the community. I have long been a Volvo guy and provided them for out of town owners. An objective appraisal from an enthusiast is worth much more to me than some mercenary's agenda filled skewed condition report. A community member can very well determine their own perception of value.

Lots comes into play in value including the obvious and important but also the emotional pull, the timing, ones favorite color, the add-ons (if one is planing to add them on), their reversibility or lack of them (if one is not), location, time of year, if the car was subjected to smoking, kept polished, its smells as it should, the feel of the paint surface, the state of the engine bay and on and on.

What might be less of a service to the community is the running down of someone's asking price. Condition is object. Price and value of an uncommon car are not.

On the other hand, the age of a particular car is no excuse for not listing deviations from perfection (unadjusted for mileage or time) to any out of town buyer who will be spending time, effort and money based upon the honest or not honest description provided by the seller. I say that as someone who has wasted many trips on cars not up to my standards nor the descriptions provided by the sellers.

Still looks like a great car to me based on the provided photos and living the easy life in Florida certainly adds value even while the new car delivery tag in the window might lead one to question how current the photos are.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 01-14-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: translating into English
Old 01-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Thanks Chuk..Well, the first thing I saw was the crease type dent in the drivers door, the faded clearcoat at the spoiler wing, improper bumper fit at the passenger front fender, fog light cover shield pass. side, tweeked out of place. (probably over a parking curb where it hooked then reverse pulled the bumper out of align is my guess), the convertible top, when actuated, the pump popped open the cover then it sat with the pump going and no movement, then after several seconds began to move again and retract into position all the while holding the button. So, it did complete a full opening cycle albeit very different from my roadster which is positive and fast. It completed a closing cycle properly as well. Tires on it are well worn, it'll need a set. rotors were scored deeply, it'll need a set of those too. It drove nice, tracked the road well, tranny shifted smoothe, I did not check its spirit, but I am sure it had some. And NO BUDGE on the PRICE???...bump!
Some might say this review was harsh... but the rest of us are grateful for such an eye to detail. While it's true that most 10-y/o cars have their share of blemishes, these are specialty cars. Tires are a non-issue, as they are consumables. The rotors are in the same arena; however if they're deeply gouged, it means there may have been other shortcuts taken with the general maintenance.

Faded clearcoat may or may not be an issue of owner negligence... I know the cards are stacked against you in Florida with the salt in the atmosphere. Regardless, the wing would need a complete re-spray. A competent shop would charge $400 for this. Bumper re-fitment and respray (if rashed) would be $600. Door dent could potentially be $1,000, depending on the severity. A new outer door skin from Chrysler is insanely expensive.

This appears to be a clear example of the "profile picture versus real-life" syndrome. In the photos, this car looks immaculate and I have to admit, my pulse quickened a bit (I'm back in the market, so to speak). But knowing what a stickler I am for quality and appearance, the dents/fitment/fading issues indicate that this car would need some TLC in the paint/body department to make it show-ready again. The rarity might command the higher asking price, but the condition certainly does not. You'd quickly find yourself investing 2-3 thousand to bring it up to snuff, and that's on top of the $15K asking price. A tall order for a car that has to be in great shape to book for $12K

To the OP, good luck with sale. It's my favorite iteration of this car, in my favorite color. I'm sure someone will snap it up in due time.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:03 PM

Miami, Thanks for your post however I'm confused at how an objective appraisal can be made by a prospective buyer? Websters defines objective as "(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts."
If the person looking at the car was no more than an enthusiast that would make sense however the "objective appraisal" was followed with a lower offer.

JHM2K, IMHO the review was harsh and over stated. Others may agree while others may think it was understated. The point is, the owner doesn't have to sell the car and if not selling it means he has to clean out the garage so be it. The owner determined the price and believes is fair given the condition. He has no interest in selling at a lower price.

Attached is a zoom of the temp tag, expiration is 01212016, the old tag was moved to a new car. The photos are of the actual car and taken about 2 weeks ago.

In closing, it is the buyer responsibility to do all due diligence and to make sure the car they buy is what they think it is and want. It's my opinion that this is a good car but not with out flaws that could have happened to any car with 42K miles. The car is sold as is where is with no warranty expressed or implied.

Good luck to all in finding an X-fire of your own.

Last edited by helosixx; 01-14-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:55 PM
JSK
Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

I have been following this thread because I'm interested in a 6 roadster, hopefully closer to home however. After looking at the photos of the drivers door I haven't been able to see a crease. Most curious.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by JSK
I have been following this thread because I'm interested in a 6 roadster, hopefully closer to home however. After looking at the photos of the drivers door I haven't been able to see a crease. Most curious.
The crease is a door ding. It's on the passenger door not the drivers.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:20 PM

Old 01-14-2016, 04:24 PM

Above is an image of the drivers door.

below is the trunk where the clear coat shows wear, and 2 scratches on the right rear. Also the front nose.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:49 PM
Received 548 Likes on 370 Posts

Heliosixx,

Thanks for posting the details. That should clear things up an make it more likely someone can evaluate the blemishes.

One positive I would add, the front bumper is scratched, but it does not have license plate holes. That, is a real plus.
To be fair, it does not have any more blemishes than my 2008 NA Roadster. But then I drive it like a rented mule. The Wife's SRT coupe however is a different story. Only one blemish that SHE made.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 01-14-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:51 PM
JSK
Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on the door.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by helosixx
JHM2K, IMHO the review was harsh and over stated. Others may agree while others may think it was understated. The point is, the owner doesn't have to sell the car and if not selling it means he has to clean out the garage so be it. The owner determined the price and believes is fair given the condition. He has no interest in selling at a lower price.
I've been in his shoes -- selling these cars is not for the faint of heart, as everyone wants premium condition for a rough price. It took me several months to sell mine, when a venerable act of God happened and I got full asking price from a local individual who had been looking for my exact vehicle.

Having seen the updated photos, I would agree that the blemishes are minor enough to be lived with for a bit (read, no emergency). It IS a rare combination, and happens to be my favorite.

The asking price is still a bit high, BUT that's his prerogative. The car is worth what the market is willing to support. If it's worth more than that to the owner, then he clearly isn't motivated to get rid of it. The buyer isn't wrong for wanting a good deal, and the seller isn't a crook for asking top dollar. Life goes on, and in the end, someone still has possession of an awesome car.

All the best,

Old 01-14-2016, 05:46 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

For those wanting a "Perfect" one in Aero Blue.. about 20k miles and about 22K price.. just let me know.. I've got a lead..

Old 01-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Received 548 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I've been in his shoes -- selling these cars is not for the faint of heart, as everyone wants premium condition for a rough price. It took me several months to sell mine, when a venerable act of God happened and I got full asking price from a local individual who had been looking for my exact vehicle.

Having seen the updated photos, I would agree that the blemishes are minor enough to be lived with for a bit (read, no emergency). It IS a rare combination, and happens to be my favorite.

The asking price is still a bit high, BUT that's his prerogative. The car is worth what the market is willing to support. If it's worth more than that to the owner, then he clearly isn't motivated to get rid of it. The buyer isn't wrong for wanting a good deal, and the seller isn't a crook for asking top dollar. Life goes on, and in the end, someone still has possession of an awesome car.

All the best,

Nicely put John.

You should be in politics. (I meant that in a good way, yes)

This is my favorite combo of the Crossfire as well. Yet I do not own one. Curious that.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JSK
Thanks for the clarification on the door.
My apologies on the confusion of which door it was.

Quick Reply: 2005 Crossfire SRT6 Convertible