Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Couple of coupes on CL Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Couple of coupes on CL Orlando

6 speed
**2005 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE**SUPER CLEAN**88K MILES**$995 DWN APPROVED!!

Automagic
2007 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited

Are usually quite a few in Central Florida.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Couple of coupes on CL Orlando

Thanks, Padgett - I'm planning on keeping my eyes open when I fly in on 21DEC with my family for 10 days (25th anniversary trip).
This is the 6-speed I've found most interesting https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/5327419519.html (emailed but no response yet). Sounds like an RCM issue (asked for clearer symptom description), and I'd love to pull another miracle electrical fix and drive away! Priced high for a non-runner, however cherry.

Another option is https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5308927524.html but 133k on the supercharger makes a man nervous - I suppose I could solicit opinions on the SRT-6 discussion thread if I were serious.

We'll see what's left in the neighborhood after I arrive

Last edited by Kowmander; 12-03-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am thinking that SRT6 may not be one, so no supercharger to worry about.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:36 AM

I'll grant you the wrong wheels on that SRT-6, but the correct splitter, almost-visible fixed rear spoiler, and engine pics lean my opinion more legit. At $5,900 asking. might be worth a peek.

Last edited by Kowmander; 12-03-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Forum Regular

Yep. I agree.

I did not think the NA wheels would fit over our larger brake disks but may have that confused with the R model Volvos.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is an SRT-6, just look at the engine pics. And all Crossfires had the same size wheels regardless of model, all of which can clear the bigger brakes. You guys need a little more research time. If you have any questions on a Crossfire in the central Florida area, just ask me.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chuK_138
It is an SRT-6, just look at the engine pics. And all Crossfires had the same size wheels regardless of model, all of which can clear the bigger brakes. You guys need a little more research time. If you have any questions on a Crossfire in the central Florida area, just ask me.
It was certainly not my intention to mislead but rather to assist. I do not claim an in-depth expertise regarding Crossfires. While I try to be informed, I am pretty new to them. I apologize for any confusion my ignorance may have caused.

I confused the wheel issue with the Volvo R model versus none R model. I had owned a Volvo or two since the seventies with two of them being R models, the last of which had model specific brakes which required larger wheels to clear them. I owned that last R Volvo for about a decade replacing it with a Jaguar.

To add to my confusion, I am pretty sure the Jaguar S-type R also has larger wheels than the non R for the same reason. I do know they are staggered in size. In contrast, my non R S-type has the smaller diameter wheels of the same diameter front and back. I am sure that is where my confusion came from.

Your greater knowledge of Crossfires is accepted without a doubt. If I ever am on the hunt for one in the central Florida area I will certainly be asking you some questions.

Thank you for the offer.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:40 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
It was certainly not my intention to mislead but rather to assist. I do not claim an in-depth expertise regarding Crossfires. While I try to be informed, I am pretty new to them. I apologize for any confusion my ignorance may have caused.

I confused the wheel issue with the Volvo R model versus none R model. I had owned a Volvo or two since the seventies with two of them being R models, the last of which had model specific brakes which required larger wheels to clear them. I owned that last R Volvo for about a decade replacing it with a Jaguar.

To add to my confusion, I am pretty sure the Jaguar S-type R also has larger wheels than the non R for the same reason. I do know they are staggered in size. In contrast, my non R S-type has the smaller diameter wheels of the same diameter front and back. I am sure that is where my confusion came from.

Your greater knowledge of Crossfires is accepted without a doubt. If I ever am on the hunt for one in the central Florida area I will certainly be asking you some questions.

Thank you for the offer.
My wife drove an 08' S-Type R for many years....great car, crappy english electrical.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TommyT
My wife drove an 08' S-Type R for many years....great car, crappy english electrical.
If it has the luxury package that is exactly the car I was after for nearly a year. The last year of that beautiful body, nice size, exclusivity and a true beast.

The a supercharger on the 4.2, of course, makes no sense. The 3.0 is plenty powerful and this NA 4.2 I compromised down to is more powerful than I will ever need but I still think of the R that got away.

She is a fortunate lady. I hope she let you drive it some.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

There is a red one (limited base coupe) on the lot at goodsammotors in belleview,fl. I drove it , it needs a lot of work..the tires are wrong for one, the steering wheel will not lock and the clutch has never been replaced...he said he would take 4g, but even that is too much to garner my interest.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:09 PM

Here's the linky on the Good Sam 2004 Limited Coupe (listed at $5995): https://ocala.craigslist.org/ctd/5352268450.html
Pics do make it obvious the rear tires are incorrect, and there's that hole in the left taillight that might also indicate abuse/neglect. Mileage?
Wonder if the cheapo, 130k-mile SRT-6 in Kissimmee is still around - he answered my first few emails but fell silent when I asked about CarFax. https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5308927524.html

I'll be in-state in 4 days - then I might take one of these hot rods away from you FL folk! Might see if Peggi still has this one for $7k: https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/5327419519.html
or might hold out for a roadster (like a 2006 base with 79k for $6900): https://daytona.craigslist.org/ctd/5364432066.html
There are also a couple of manual roadsters with convertible top issues in the FTL/Miami area also on my "thinking about it" list. So many places for the money to go...if only I had a wee bit more!

Last edited by Kowmander; 12-18-2015 at 07:35 AM.