Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Selling my Black SRT6, 25k Miles $15,500, Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my Black SRT6, 25k Miles $15,500, Massachusetts

So i am selling my SRT6 because i am buying a house and need a practical car and because i work in construction and don't want to trash my car. I bought it over 2 years ago with 50 miles.

Car is is decent shape, passenger door has a nasty ding, and there are a couple of light scratches around.

light ding on driver side

Picture is showing nasty ding/dent on passenger door.

There is also a scratches on the driver rear bumper

There are road chips, scratches relative with age.

Headlamp has the haze on them, my dealer does not want to replace them under warranty

The supercharger IC pump has been replaced under warranty, as it failed last sumemr.

Driver seat is Brand New due to heated seat issue, Tires have less than 2000 miles.

any more pictures let me know

Warranty is still active until March of 2010 or 36,000 miles.

Estimate to fix the passenger door was $495 at a body shop

Name:  DSC05290.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  232.4 KB
Name:  DSC05293.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  201.6 KB
Name:  DSC05295.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  204.9 KB
Name:  DSC05296.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  207.4 KB
Name:  DSC05297-1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  176.9 KB
Name:  DSC05300.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  118.0 KB
Name:  DSC05303.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  97.5 KB
Name:  DSC05304.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  109.5 KB

Name:  DSC05313.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  163.4 KB

Last edited by jgiraldo; 08-13-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default re: Selling my Black SRT6, 25k Miles $15,500, Massachusetts

Originally Posted by jgiraldo
So i am thinking/going to sell my SRT6 because i am buying a house and need a practical car and because i work in construction and don't want to trash my car. I bought it over 2 years ago with 50 miles.

What is a reasonable price right now for the car? I'm in no rush to sell but i want to minimize my loss.

Car is is decent shape, passenger door has a nasty ding, and there are a couple of light scratches around.

Driver seat is Brand New, Tires have less than 2000 miles on them.

I will post pictures when i get a chance.
Why not blue book it?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Why not blue book it?
Wow, your reply really helped me out, any more useful advice?

a monkey can look up values online, i was wondering if that's reasonable in the current market.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

after referring to my astrological charts, the moon phase and the current level of the tide I have came to the conlusion that you should sell your srt6 for the price of 1 goat, 4 camels and 2.6 spider monkeys.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Ask 20% more than what you need so you have room to deal. It has always worked out for me. Of course, the economy is blaaaaaaaah now so you may scare away potential buyers. But I would try the 20%. Reasonable depends on what the buyer is willing to pay.

Les

Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, your reply really helped me out, any more useful advice?

a monkey can look up values online, i was wondering if that's reasonable in the current market.
Well, you haven't reached the monkey level yet - that's for sure. A seller asking what a "Reasonable Market Value" is? lol...

I was assuming, probably wrongly, that you can even read. My mistake!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Tell us about your brand new driver's seat. Must be a story to be told.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
My guess is the seat-heater epidemic...

Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Well, you haven't reached the monkey level yet - that's for sure. A seller asking what a "Reasonable Market Value" is? lol...

I was assuming, probably wrongly, that you can even read. My mistake!
Don't take your frustration of owning the non-srt version out on me. Because of your ignorance and lack of financial sense, it's no wonder you ended up with the slower car. How much did you pay for your cheaper model?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
yes the heated seat issue. No good story

Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't take your frustration of owning the non-srt version out on me. Because of your ignorance and lack of financial sense, it's no wonder you ended up with the slower car. How much did you pay for your cheaper model?
WOW, I would tread lightly here, this is a great group of people and Soronos was simply asking a question. We are CROSSFIRE lovers, not MA or SRT people, and seeing as how there are under 3,000 SRTs out there and over 75,000 NAs, I think you may be slightly outnumbered here

Don't come and ask for advice then slap the guy who tries to help, not here anyway.....

Do not think for a minute because your car cost more than someone elses that you have a right to be an a$$hole, he could have a McLaren in the garage next to his SLOW crossfire, ***.

Rant ended.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
WOW, I would tread lightly here, this is a great group of people and Soronos was simply asking a question. We are CROSSFIRE lovers, not MA or SRT people, and seeing as how there are under 3,000 SRTs out there and over 75,000 NAs, I think you may be slightly outnumbered here

Don't come and ask for advice then slap the guy who tries to help, not here anyway.....

Do not think for a minute because your car cost more than someone elses that you have a right to be an a$$hole, he could have a McLaren in the garage next to his SLOW crossfire, ***.

Rant ended.
I agree. I didn't want to start any kind of arguments, it just pisses me off that someones posts just to post without addding any kind of valuable input to the thread.

I know KBB says private party 16-18, but kinda wanted to know what people have sold theirs for recently/or what people would buy it for.

I can tell you the members here have been great, i joined this forum when i bought my car 2 years ago, and i have nothing but praise for this site.

I don't want to sell my car, but i'm 23 trying to buy a house and my plan is to sell the srt6, buy a cheap truck because i work in construction and be useful for a house, and use any extra money for my house/down payment.

So when someones posts the obvious, that tells me either he wants attention, or just wants to **** someone off.

Wasn't my intentions to insult anyone else.

We can lock this thread, and i guess when i'm ready to sell i will create a new thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to be obvious and say check eBay for a good idea of what they are going for. But I would suggest starting at 17 or 18K and work from there. $17K should get it sold if someone out there has money. POST SOME PICS !!! Especially if it is in good shape. But the economy is tuff and it isn't a good time to try and sell. How come you haven't come to any of the NEX event in the New England area?

Stan

Old 08-07-2009, 07:58 AM

Hi,
I have an '05 Srt 6 that I purchased from a dealer last July. It was in immaculate shape with 24k on the clock and I paid 18.5k for it.
I suggest you do something about the "nasty dent" in the door and various scratches.
These will certainly be talking points during negotiations and the potential buyer is immediatly looking at body work and a paint job. Based on todays body shop costs this could add up to 4k. Money that the potential buyer is going to want to see reflected in the purchase price of the car.
See if you can find a place that can localize the repairs and doing a good match with a door repaint and some touch ups on the bad scratches.
Selling it in less than good condition will severly lower your sale price.
I would say (sight unseen) if you fix the body, compound and wax the car and detail the interior and engine bay, start at 19k, without any prep (as is) look more towards 15-16 k.
Good luck with your new home purchase! I just bought my first home this year and ownership is a great experience.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by srtcoupe
Hi,
I have an '05 Srt 6 that I purchased from a dealer last July. It was in immaculate shape with 24k on the clock and I paid 18.5k for it.
I suggest you do something about the "nasty dent" in the door and various scratches.
These will certainly be talking points during negotiations and the potential buyer is immediatly looking at body work and a paint job. Based on todays body shop costs this could add up to 4k. Money that the potential buyer is going to want to see reflected in the purchase price of the car.
See if you can find a place that can localize the repairs and doing a good match with a door repaint and some touch ups on the bad scratches.
Selling it in less than good condition will severly lower your sale price.
I would say (sight unseen) if you fix the body, compound and wax the car and detail the interior and engine bay, start at 19k, without any prep (as is) look more towards 15-16 k.
Good luck with your new home purchase! I just bought my first home this year and ownership is a great experience.
Thanks for the response, this one really helps me out. I've taken it to CarMAX and got an offer from them, which wasn't too much lower that what you said. I might get all the scratches removed, i just detailed the whole car last week, inside, engine bay, and out, and the scratches are not too bad. The ding is nasty though and the estimate i got to repair it was around 500 bucks. This was two years ago, (it happened a month after i bought it)

I'm on vacation right now, so i can't post pics, but when i get back i will definetly post pics, and i would appreciate your input.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

the market is all over the place...verts seem to hold their value a little better hovering around the 20k figure with average miles. Coupes have been as low as 15k and high as 19.5K...but with scratches and damage, people may feel you didn't take care of it, so you need to fix her, or take less...and putting down forum members cars won't help you much...SRT's are getting more scarce...but I am not seeing value going up as yet...most people wouldn't know the difference unless they are on this forum...so be careful with what you say my friend...because the buyer will likely be from here...

Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

Rant ended.
STAND UP APPLAUSE !!! ( i know old response ..but I couldn't help my self )

Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Price it appropriate to what you need to get out of it vs what the market will bear. If you see them going for $20k and you want $22k, price it at $22k or best offer and see what kind of hits you get. If you dont' see anything at that price and you need to move it, lower it a bit. Selling price is always a game of need to sell versus what you want to see for a return. If you need to dump it, you're not going to get top dollar.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 AM

I have updated the first post and added pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts
Default Re: Selling my Black SRT6, 25k Miles $15,500, Massachusetts

Seller sent me a PM.
Price (in thread title) reduced to $15,500

Quick Reply: Selling my Black SRT6, 25k Miles $15,500, Massachusetts