Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

Shelby Dodge Automobile Club Car Show

Old 06-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shelby Dodge Automobile Club Car Show

Shelby Dodge Auto Club

27 years ago I purchased a brand new 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z that some how managed to become the 7000 mile garage queen that it is today. During those 27 years I have been a member and chapter organizer for the SDAC and have been to four of their national conventions, all with the Daytona. Tomorrow I am taking the xfire to their 23rd annual conventions car show. Most of the show classes are for the FWD Shelby and Turbo cars from that era but, they also have a Special Interest class for anything Mopar FWD or RWD. Trust me, Crossfire owners and FWD Mopar owners are not all that different. Neither group gets a lot of love from the hard core Mopar crowd and both groups are not afraid to embrace something a little different in the Mopar garage. Have a great weekend everyone.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Shelby Dodge Automobile Club Car Show

I don't bother trying to identify with the Mopar/Chrysler moniker anymore. I proudly fly the SRT and Mercedez-Benz flags at the car shows.

I'm getting to the point that I'm insulted to have my XF be called a Mopar or a Chrysler.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:54 PM
PNA
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xjken
Shelby Dodge Auto Club

27 years ago I purchased a brand new 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z that some how managed to become the 7000 mile garage queen that it is today. During those 27 years I have been a member and chapter organizer for the SDAC and have been to four of their national conventions, all with the Daytona. Tomorrow I am taking the xfire to their 23rd annual conventions car show. Most of the show classes are for the FWD Shelby and Turbo cars from that era but, they also have a Special Interest class for anything Mopar FWD or RWD. Trust me, Crossfire owners and FWD Mopar owners are not all that different. Neither group gets a lot of love from the hard core Mopar crowd and both groups are not afraid to embrace something a little different in the Mopar garage. Have a great weekend everyone.
I almost bought an 87 Shelby. I took the sales guy on a test drive. He was german. Let's just say I wanted to really test the limits of the care before I bought it. He was spouting off all sorts of things in his native language. It was the second best test drive I've ever had. I then test drove the Conquest....................which I ended up buying and keeping for almost 15 years. I wish I still had that car. It was fun, quick at the time, road and handled well and was incredibly well appointed. Much Better appointed than our more modern Crossfires are. With that said, I love my Xfire too. I expect to keep this thing a long long time too.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Forum Regular

Got to the show in Lewisville Indiana (if that sounds like the middle of no where, it is)

IMG_2351_zpsdab50e82.jpg
this morning and one of the first things I see was this beauty.

IMG_2357_zps5774a32f.jpg

Unfortunately neither one of us won an award in the Special Interest class but it was the biggest class with at least 15 vehicles. This won the class in addition to the Best of Show award.

IMG_2361_zps81341821.jpg.

I am not a big Dukes fan but, this car was very, very impressive and deserved the Best of Show award.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:20 PM

It was a fun time at the SDAC show. The SRT in the picture is mine. I couldn't believe I talked to two guys that both have Crossfire SRTs too in the middle of nowhere. The General Lee was pretty nice, but he could have at least put the 69 charger side markers on instead of leaving the 68s on it. If you are going to make a clone, might as well do it right.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT4man
It was a fun time at the SDAC show. The SRT in the picture is mine. I couldn't believe I talked to two guys that both have Crossfire SRTs too in the middle of nowhere. The General Lee was pretty nice, but he could have at least put the 69 charger side markers on instead of leaving the 68s on it. If you are going to make a clone, might as well do it right.
nice looking '6 there, I like the look of the CAI behind the mesh grill.. though I don't love that style of mesh grill myself, but definitely love the concept

Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Forum Regular

It was great running into and talking to you SRT4man. Loved the mods on your xf, nicely done. Good eye on the General Lee, I never even noticed the side markers.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 AM

Here is my Mopar Shelby car. Made by rootes of England, Shelby engineered, Chrysler Pentastars came with it, not mounted. I bought it in 1986, used and preserved it. just like my Crossfires. gary

Old 06-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Forum Regular

Beautiful, when it comes to style I have always liked the Tiger better than his original AC cars. They are as rare or rarer than the Cobra's, at least the real Cobra's. The replica Cobra's are quite common. Nice job preserving your Tiger and the Crossfire.

Last edited by xjken; 06-26-2013 at 08:53 AM.