Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Radio problem

Old 01-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio problem

I have tried to use the search option but I can't find the answer. I live in Iceland and I got my Crossfire from Florida last wednesday. After shipping, the car was ok, but I think the tariff staff have do something wrong because when I got the car I could not started because the battery was empty. After I recharged the battery the radio was totally frozen. This is Infinity stuff with navi and green screen. All the buttons are frozen, but the only thing I can do is load a CD and listen, I can't change the volume or change a song.

I am not very strong in english, sorry about that.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Default Re: Radio problem

TRY a software reset.

Press and hold the opt button, the first multi function button, and the third multi function button all at the same time. The multifunction are the ones at the bottom of the display.

OPT, 1 , 3

If it doesn't respond to that then i'd try a good ol hard reboot.

Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery to make sure there is no power going to the radio at all. Let it sit for a few and then reconnect the cable. Test the radio...

Hope one of those helps.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM

Thanks a lot, the second advice worked. But now I have a new problem, if I double lock the car the radio turns on after a about 1/2 minute?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Radio problem

Originally Posted by icefire
Thanks a lot, the second advice worked. But now I have a new problem, if I double lock the car the radio turns on after a about 1/2 minute?
Try this...sit in the car and use the console buttons to lock the doors, if the radio comes on again then there is an electrical problem, if it does not come on then there is a problem with the key transmitter may be the problem.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Angry Re: Radio problem

The radio is frozen again. I think I let the dealer plug the car to his repair computer.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:06 PM

I know this is a very old thread. Was there a fix that worked? My stereo just did this today. Its frozen and says "CHRYSLER" on the screen. I cant turn it on or off. No buttons work and neither does the volume or station dial. It also stays on for some time after i shut the car off. It did turn off for a time while I was driving on its own, but did come back on still in the frozen mode. Any help?

A little back ground: everything was working fine until I pushed the gps button and put in the gps disk to play with.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 AM

update: I dorve home and the steroe was still frozen on and nothing works . (buttons or dials cant turn on or off). Turned the car off and the stereo wouldnt shut off. i let it sit and it was still on when i came back out. I pulled the #5 fuse and it didnt shut off. I pulled the # 8 fuse and it shut off. I left it that way for a few minutes. Plugged it back in expecting the stereo to continue to be back on even thought the ignition was off. It didnt. Everything seems to be back to normal. Quick fix. We'll see how long it lasts.

Anyone else experience this phenomena?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by B1gfun
Anyone else experience this phenomena?
I personally have had this happen to me, but turning the car off/on eventually fixed it. Here is a thread that has some solutions.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by KrisFire
I personally have had this happen to me, but turning the car off/on eventually fixed it. Here is a thread that has some solutions.
Thanks KrisFire! I had read that post. Just seems odd that this happens. Wondered if anyone knew why it happens. Hopefully my fix works. I did it last night and only drove to work today. I checked it at lunch and all was good, we'll see on the ride home. Thanks!

Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 AM

I can tell your from much knowledge: Don't remove the radio without removing the negative terminal cable.
It sound like it needs to be reprogrammed- don't panic. it is a combination buttons on the radio. I don't know them right now, but there are guys here that can lead you to them. If I am right, I believe it is because the battery was removed for all the time and memory in the radio cleared itself.
This is a thought I am having, but again there are much better tech assist guys on here that can help you.