Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Question about Kenwood (KMR-D558BT) radio

Old 07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Kenwood (KMR-D558BT) radio

Hi, this is probably a completely dumb question but I cannot for the life of me see what I am doing wrong.

I just had the Kenwood (KMR-D558BT) radio installed in my 05 roadster and love it. I had them wire it so I have control over the rear subwoofers thanks to the information on this forum and everythng works great and sounds great.

BUT I cannot figure out how to make the color stay green. LOL I know it is something completely asinine and simple but bear with me.

I press the volume **** to enter function.
Turn the **** to select display and press it to select.
Turn the **** to select color and turn it until it is on color 20 (the green one I want)
Press the **** to select
press the exit button to exit menu.

Color is now green and stays green UNTIL I shut the car off. I turn the car off, leave come back and turn the car on and color is no longer green.

What am I doing wrong and how do I make it default to green and stay there?

Also, after reading the manual it seems that Iheart rdio only works with iphones not androids, correct? I can play iheart and it will play thru the radio on bluetooth mode but I don't have the functionality like I have with the ipod and pandora. So just clarifying that is a phone issue not a me issue.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts
Default Re: Question about Kenwood (KMR-D558BT) radio

The book says to PRESS AND HOLD the button above the "Detach" button - it does not sound like you are doing that. Seems like you are changing the setting, but not SAVING it.

If pressing and holding that button does not do it, and the display does not 'remember' itself, I would question the power wiring.

The RED wire must be connected to a source that goes dead with the key off.
The YELLOW wire must be connected to a source that stays on all the time - even with the engine cranking.

I can't help you with the iHeart question, (and, perhaps ironically, I work for Kenwood!)

Old 07-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Question about Kenwood (KMR-D558BT) radio

OK so it wasn't me. Took the car back to the installer and the guy fixed it for me in 5 minutes and now it remembers! So now I am happy.