Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Double Din Dash

Old 05-01-2014, 03:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Din Dash

Hi all,

I did a thread on here a while back about my Eonon head unit and what I had done to modify the OS. Well Eonon also makes a bunch of custom fit head units for a bunch of cars and so I mentioned that they should make at least a dash piece for us.

What I'm hoping for is that members here will post that they also want a custom dash so that we can fit double din stereos in our cars. If enough of a crowd posts on here I can show Eonon that their R&D should figure something out for us.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Default Re: Double Din Dash

I've been looking for a double din solution for years. Custom shops want hundreds of dollars to do a subpar job. I'd be in.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tageier
I've been looking for a double din solution for years. Custom shops want hundreds of dollars to do a subpar job. I'd be in.
That's exactly how I feel, I've been looking at making my own simply because I could do it for probably $100 versus paying a shop almost $1000 to have the outcome be the same quality but at the same time I don't want to risk destroying my only dash. So hopefully this company will try and figure something out.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the real problem is where you are going to move all the switches and ac controls. There isnt alot of room and they would have to make other pieces(like around the shifter) to accomodate the hazzard lights, wing switch, etc...etc. If it happens I would be in..but I dont see it.** Just from experience on my last xf, changing the led's in all the switches was a pain and there isnt alot of extra wiring fo moving them around.**

Last edited by Trenzman; 05-01-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trenzman
I think the real problem is where you are going to move all the switches and ac controls. There isnt alot of room and they would have to make other pieces(like around the shifter) to accomodate the hazzard lights, wing switch, etc...etc. If it happens I would be in..but I dont see it.** Just from experience on my last xf, changing the led's in all the switches was a pain and there isnt alot of extra wiring fo moving them around.**

What if the switches instead of being manual ones were wired to interface with the touch screen? We are in the 21st century after all.

That's just a though, hopefully Eonon will go through with R&D and figure out if it's worth it. If this was wired up right I would be willing to pay $5-600 to have something that's as simple as plug n' play for the stereo and just snap on the new dash.