Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Radio / stereo gremlins

Old 11-09-2013 | 09:23 AM
Default Radio / stereo gremlins

Hi, my standard factory radio is jammed. I use one of those adapters that you plug into the lighter, find a blank frequency and play music from a pre programmed chip. Somehow the radio plays the music from the adapter but unable to change volume or frequency or turn system of or on. Its simply stuck playing what music I have, if I remove the adapter it sticks on that frequency but still unable to turn on or off.
Aaaaaghhhh! its driving me bonkers!!!!!! Any ideas?????
Someone please HELP

Old 11-10-2013 | 11:22 AM
Default Re: Radio / stereo gremlins

Well, somehow everything is back to normal. After assessing all the options decided to take another look at the fuses and even though they looked in perfect working order, pulled them out and re-installed them and Whaaaam! I have lift off.

Old 02-12-2014 | 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by JONMAZARICOS
Well, somehow everything is back to normal. After assessing all the options decided to take another look at the fuses and even though they looked in perfect working order, pulled them out and re-installed them and Whaaaam! I have lift off.
Mine was doing the same thing. I pulled the fuse and all was well again. Glad it worked for you too!

Old 02-12-2014 | 01:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JONMAZARICOS
I'm not surprised that worked, you reset the microprocessor with a power-down and power-up cycle.
I've had to do it once in the past three years/65,000 miles when mine would not turn on.