Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Needs ECU and Skreem module ASAP!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needs ECU and Skreem module ASAP!

PLease, if anyone is able to help or point me in the right direction to obtain these bits it would be greatly appreciated.
I am really having difficulty sourcing these in USED condition.
I am in the UK.

BC

Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Re: Needs ECU and Skreem module ASAP!

Originally Posted by britishcommando
PLease, if anyone is able to help or point me in the right direction to obtain these bits it would be greatly appreciated.
I am really having difficulty sourcing these in USED condition.
I am in the UK.

BC
BC
Click on the link below, this is a forum member that is selling parts from 3 different Crossfires at this time. I'm sure he (Mr MoPar), can help you with your needs.....
Dennis
DTMenace

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...5-srt-6-a.html

Old 04-10-2013, 12:59 PM

I'm having the same grief u had mate trying to trace the parts for a manual uk model- how did you resolve the issue?

Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Just curious, why do you need an ECU and SKREEM module?

Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM

The immobiliser cuts in and alarm sounds when I'm trying to start the vehicle. Can't get any fault codes as the drb won't let me access the anti theft module(skreem) so I'm guessing the module is faulty as its receiving battery voltage. New module is pricy so only option is to source 2nd hand kit of ecu, skreem module, key and ecu- as module has to be configured to ecu and can only be done so once. Problem is I need a manual module which are rare

Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by C9ndl86
The immobiliser cuts in and alarm sounds when I'm trying to start the vehicle. Can't get any fault codes as the drb won't let me access the anti theft module(skreem) so I'm guessing the module is faulty as its receiving battery voltage. New module is pricy so only option is to source 2nd hand kit of ecu, skreem module, key and ecu- as module has to be configured to ecu and can only be done so once. Problem is I need a manual module which are rare

What are you using or going to use to program these devices together? If you have star das I think you could run drive authorization after getting your current ECU unlocked from Beckmann, that might work. They take the Immo and virginize it from any keys or VIN etc. When they would go to run or read software from the Immo they could probably tell if something is wrong with that part of the immobilizer at least. Alot cheaper than throwing money and a ton of time out for the SKREEM and ECU and such. If you dont have a way to program everything together (star das) you really couldnt do much anyway. Everything would still need to be tied to the Immobilizer and SKREEM etc...

Old 04-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

C9ndl86 .... Hopefully this linky will send you to a thread I started, that may help you. I know it sounds weird, but may be worth a try. I'm not sure how to do a linky, but search for this thread, if the linky doesn't work ....... Sorry

No locking/unlocking ... cured, but I'm not sure why...

Last edited by IBLUBYU; 04-10-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
What are you using or going to use to program these devices together? If you have star das I think you could run drive authorization after getting your current ECU unlocked from Beckmann, that might work. They take the Immo and virginize it from any keys or VIN etc. When they would go to run or read software from the Immo they could probably tell if something is wrong with that part of the immobilizer at least. Alot cheaper than throwing money and a ton of time out for the SKREEM and ECU and such. If you dont have a way to program everything together (star das) you really couldnt do much anyway. Everything would still need to be tied to the Immobilizer and SKREEM etc...
He doesn't need an unlocked ECU, he needs to replace the component that isn't letting drive authorization happen. Not trying to sound rude but there is a lot more to this than just plugging in an SDS and unless you really truly do know what is going on, you should refrain from giving advice because if you give someone the wrong advice, it'll cost them more in the long run. In his case, it may prove to be a cheaper route to replace all the components from a salvage car than buy a SKREEM and find out later that the reason it wasn't communicating was because the PSE took a dirt nap and was putting crap into the datastream which will essentially cause the same communication issues and that is a considerably more expensive module to replace than the SKREEM.

Good luck and take care

Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 AM

I'm in Scotland and have access to the drb3 tool, don't know how the uk model differs from the us! Ive contacted locksmiths for info- what I really need is a company who could inspect repair my faulty skreem- but they only seem interested in ecu repairs. To be honest the cost of a 2nd hand kit and the skreem from merc(same part number) are the same whereas the skreem from Chrysler is £1056 plus vat!!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rcompart
He doesn't need an unlocked ECU, he needs to replace the component that isn't letting drive authorization happen. Not trying to sound rude but there is a lot more to this than just plugging in an SDS and unless you really truly do know what is going on, you should refrain from giving advice because if you give someone the wrong advice, it'll cost them more in the long run. In his case, it may prove to be a cheaper route to replace all the components from a salvage car than buy a SKREEM and find out later that the reason it wasn't communicating was because the PSE took a dirt nap and was putting crap into the datastream which will essentially cause the same communication issues and that is a considerably more expensive module to replace than the SKREEM.

Good luck and take care
Rudy, this is why I was using might's and maybe's...