Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

Originally Posted by cp025

Ha Ha. I asked for that. There is a "Nav"button. I don't have the manual for the radio, so I don't know how it works. But, I would love to be able to connect an ipod to it. There are a lot of pages on this topic (I don't want to go through all of them). So, is the procedure to prepay for it and wait? How long did you have to wait? AND, do you have any idea where I can get the manual for this radio? Thanks.
You can down load the manual from this site, you can also down load the disks for use in the radio so that you can use the navigation feature. The nav is outdated but works OK if you can master it.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post111722

Old 08-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You can down load the manual from this site, you can also down load the disks for use in the radio so that you can use the navigation feature. The nav is outdated but works OK if you can master it.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post111722
Thanks for your help with the links. You are right about the nav being outdated. It looks like way too much work for me. At least I can figure out the radio now. I'll wait to here more about the ipod control unit. Thanks again.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by rcompart
Perhaps it would be better etiquette if you had posted this in a new thread vs cluttering up this one.

As for the group buy, we've stalled at three so if you're thinking about getting one, now is a great time as we only needs a few more.

Happy Friday and everyone have a safe weekend!
OK. I just pre-paid, so now it's four!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
rcompart, thanks for the great product and the excellent customer service. You were a huge help to me when I was having issues installing mine (see previous posts by me). Sorry you have to put up with posts like Brian's.

if anyone is looking into purchasing one of these products, go with rcompart's. i can vouch for the quality as can many others. Brian's hijacking of this thread is a good example of the kind of ethics you'll be dealing with if you try to go his route.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Perhaps it would be better etiquette if you had posted this in a new thread vs cluttering up this one.

As for the group buy, we've stalled at three so if you're thinking about getting one, now is a great time as we only needs a few more.

Happy Friday and everyone have a safe weekend!
I agree. This is not the place to post other solution. Please create your own thread. I'd like to give you enough time to move them. You have until the end of August to move your post to your own thread. I will remove these posts on September 1.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
I agree. This is not the place to post other solution. Please create your own thread. I'd like to give you enough time to move them. You have until the end of August to move your post to your own thread. I will remove these posts on September 1.

Clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 PM

I am impressed, can't wait to get mine!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:16 AM

I can vouch for the quality and service from Rudy...my ipod control is working like it was a factory installed unit...I believe the quality of the sound from my ipod/iphone and usb have improved substantially and the install was simple with the ipod control unit sitting in the console glove box so it is secure and acessable...I paid almost as much for a mickey mouse fm attachment a year or two ago so the price Rudy is asking is very reasonable....thanks Rudy for the great product and service it is very much appreciated.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 PM

This thread has been quiet for some time. Are we still at four presale orders for Rudy's iPod interface?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by talbertin
This thread has been quiet for some time. Are we still at four presale orders for Rudy's iPod interface?
Yes, we are still at 4 and this really has been stale for much longer than it should if we were gonna get more so I guess I'm going to give it one more week and if I don't have 5 by Sunday after the get together here in Chicago, I'm going to refund everyone and call it a day.

Take care

Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 AM

For my part, I would be willing to wait longer to get to 5. I am sure that there others out there who would buy one. From what I can see, you are the best (only?) solution out there. I would even consider a "short run" surcharge to make it worthwhile for you to buy the parts, but I don't know how others feel about that. The latter is only a suggestion for the other buyers.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:51 PM

For my part, I would be willing to wait longer to get to 5. I am sure that there others out there who would buy one. From what I can see, you are the best (only?) solution out there. I would even consider a "short run" surcharge to make it worthwhile for you to buy the parts, but I don't know how others feel about that. The latter is only a suggestion for the other buyers.
I'm not going to do charge people extra for a short run, just doesn't seem right since people have been waiting for a while on this one.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:20 PM

I was thinking that when you eventually sell the 5th unit, you could refund the surcharge. Anyway, I know you want to do the right thing. Like I said, I am in no hurry and am willing to wait as long as it takes to get the 5th buyer.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 PM

I was thinking that when you eventually sell the 5th unit, you could refund the surcharge. Anyway, I know you want to do the right thing. Like I said, I am in no hurry and am willing to wait as long as it takes to get the 5th buyer.
I am one of the four, and I am also willing to wait! If a fifth buyer does not show up eventually, I would be willing to pay more for the unit.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 PM

I'm all paid up. Can't wait to finally have one of these.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 AM

We are at finally at 5!!! I kid you not, I didn't think it was going to happen after the past few weeks but it's good to see that it did happen. I am getting everything ready to get these kits put together and will update the thread when they ship.

Thanks everyone and take care

Old 09-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Rudy, I'm confused. I have 2006 Roadster with Factory Infinity Radio w/NAV and wanting to play my mp3 player into the system as I don't own an Ipod. Are you simply bulk purchasing these units from a German Company SOLISTO and then reselling here in the US or have you developed the box with them? Your initial posts sounded as if you were building these units. Looking on the site Home | Solisto I see they offer a Solisto Pro, clasic and basic model in addition to a single cable connector allowing direct mp3 player connection to the radio for about $20.00 with player control manually not using the Radio buttons. Have you tried this cable and do you bulk purchase them as well for savings. I was going to order direct from SOLISTO but not sure if the cable works with the Infinity Radio. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Traveler
Hi Rudy, I'm confused. I have 2006 Roadster with Factory Infinity Radio w/NAV and wanting to play my mp3 player into the system as I don't own an Ipod. Are you simply bulk purchasing these units from a German Company SOLISTO and then reselling here in the US or have you developed the box with them? Your initial posts sounded as if you were building these units. Looking on the site Home | Solisto I see they offer a Solisto Pro, clasic and basic model in addition to a single cable connector allowing direct mp3 player connection to the radio for about $20.00 with player control manually not using the Radio buttons. Have you tried this cable and do you bulk purchase them as well for savings. I was going to order direct from SOLISTO but not sure if the cable works with the Infinity Radio. Any help would be appreciated.
That cable is not compatible with our radios as a simple search of this forum would explain. As for the iControl, Solisto provides the hardware and I provide the support. I'm selling the only iPod controller that is compatible with the NAV radios in these cars regardless of how new or old the software on the radio is. As for buying in bulk, it only makes sense to do so or they would cost more and these are in line with pricing for their models for other car models. With the new iPhones, iPods and iPads coming out with a new dock connector, I'm going to fulfill the previous orders and cover units until the end of their warranty periods and cease selling them.

Take care

Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Traveler
I have had the ipod controller for a couple years, Solisto lists this as a new product this year........maybe they ripped Rudy off?

Old 09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That cable is not compatible with our radios as a simple search of this forum would explain. As for the iControl, Solisto provides the hardware and I provide the support. I'm selling the only iPod controller that is compatible with the NAV radios in these cars regardless of how new or old the software on the radio is. As for buying in bulk, it only makes sense to do so or they would cost more and these are in line with pricing for their models for other car models. With the new iPhones, iPods and iPads coming out with a new dock connector, I'm going to fulfill the previous orders and cover units until the end of their warranty periods and cease selling them.

Take care
Rudy
Thanks for the quick feedback, glad I didn't order the cable, I hadn't seen posts related to the cable but thanks for the heads up I'll keep searching. I'm strictly a PC fellow no Apple Products for me, refusing to move to the dark side. I would think if the Radio is equipped to handle a CD Changer audio input then I should be able to rig a mp3 audio input through that same portal. I found the Radio Pin out description so it's time to play.

Quick Reply: iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!